PDA

View Full Version : First solo hunt, Christian valleys G

Cheeser
10-15-2017, 06:31 PM
*Apologies for the title, I was editing it and hit post by accident. Should read Christian Valley-Granby Park, 8-14/15 area*

Hey folks,

Looking to do my first solo hunt for mule deer this season. I've got all of the week of Oct 23rd off, plan is to head out of town(LML) Monday after a docs appointment, and get into the bush to hunt for 4 or 5 days.

My Google Earth scouting has me interested in the Christian Valley areas in 8-14/15, east of Beaverdell.

Does anyone have any info as far as access into the area? I'm going to get a copy of the back roads map book for the area, but in looking on Google Earth there doesn't seem to be a ton of easy access. I'm quite alright with this, hiking will be the name of the game, I plan to pack camp on my back unless I find an area to setup and work from. But, I'd like to get a little ways out if possible by vehicle before hoofing it.

My vehicle is a CRV, so logging roads are fine but serious 4x4ing may not be doable.

Alternatively, something a little closer to home, east Harrison or Tulameen Mt area are on my radar, but since I've got a few days to go I wouldn't mind getting a little further out of town.

Thanks!!

rocksteady
10-15-2017, 06:59 PM
Whitetail in the CV.. not so much in Harrison or Tulameen.. you have just doubled your odds

goatdancer
10-15-2017, 08:17 PM
Whitetails & mulies in the CV. Also a few G-bears so be careful. Lots of FSRs and side roads up there, just watch for private property.

fozzy
10-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Some of the roads that go into that area are restricted,
do some research before you commit to a route in.
There is a big sign at grano FSR that mentions it.