PDA

View Full Version : Drone footage: Wolf vs Moose

VFX_man
10-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Pretty crazy what they captured.

http://dailyhive.com/montreal/moose-fight-wolf-canada-video

lip_ripper00
10-13-2017, 08:16 AM
That's awesome, wolf got off lucky, but had the cow gotten out of the water might not have ended so well.

VFX_man
10-13-2017, 09:29 AM
That's awesome, wolf got off lucky, but had the cow gotten out of the water might not have ended so well.

I kept saying . . . Stay in the water, stay, go deeper! Couldn't tell if the wolf kept looking in the woods for reinforcements, or the drone sound was distracting it. One more wolf and it would have been a different outcome for sure.

Ourea
10-13-2017, 10:59 AM
60 lbs vs 700 lbs.
Without the river that cow was toast.

The commitment of that wolf demonstrated what a devastating predator they are.
Truly incredible.

This may come as a complete shock to the likes of Raincoast supporter types .......as wolf numbers continue to escalate they remove more animals off the landscape. Simple reality.

Wolves don't survive on cappuccinos and herbal tea ...... unlike their downtown advocates opposed to trying to create balance.

Skull Hunter
10-13-2017, 05:36 PM
If I had to guess I'd say the cow probably had a calf in the bushes that had already been claimed by the wolf/wolves. She kept looking into the bushes, and I doubt would have stuck around that long had she not been protecting a calf.

northof49
10-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Wolves are killing machines....there’s a reason ungulates are declining everywhere. Amazing how little survises when they sweep thru a valley in large pack. Put the fear in all ungulates for sure. Too many wolves is a BIG problem. Habitat not the issue....Predation is. like Ourea said...one more wolf and completely different outcome and not so warm and fuzzy for all those millions of of internet shares to watch. Different music and a dead moose with intestines trailing in the water would likey have gained more support for predator control.

RadHimself
10-13-2017, 07:28 PM
No doubt.... little *******s arnt furry cuddle machines all the hippies want to beleive

lowball
10-14-2017, 07:44 AM
Lucky moose.

Brez
10-14-2017, 09:58 AM
"Moose Saved by Drone"...that's a first! Looks like the first wolf was trying to lure the cow onto land. Would have been lights out for her. Very cool but would have liked to see what would have happened if the drone had not interfered.

elch jager
10-14-2017, 10:12 AM
CO sees that footage and they will track down the drone owner and confiscate / fine them. It will be construed as wildlife harassment. There is a minimum distance required and they may have been too close with the drone.

rocksteady
10-14-2017, 01:41 PM
At about the 4 minute mark, when you could see the wolf fire, I was hoping the cow would go from hunted to hunter and lay a big old dose of front foot whoop ass on the doggie

Ruffed
10-14-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm sure many wolves have died from moose hooves. I'll bet many wolves have been killed by deer also, although I have no proof of this. Even deer have powerful hind legs and one good kick at the right time to the right place could rearrange a wolf's face. I would like to see a pic or video of a wolf being killed by deer/elk/moose.....

northof49
10-14-2017, 08:20 PM
I'll bet many wolves have been killed by deer also, although I have no proof of this.

Doubt it.....deer are no match for wolves. Just tasty snacks

Skull Hunter
10-14-2017, 09:05 PM
I'm sure many wolves have died from moose hooves. I'll bet many wolves have been killed by deer also, although I have no proof of this. Even deer have powerful hind legs and one good kick at the right time to the right place could rearrange a wolf's face. I would like to see a pic or video of a wolf being killed by deer/elk/moose.....

I've seen a couple of wolf skulls that have had some pretty significant damage assumably from a moose hoof. Amazing what those dogs can battle through.

Ruffed
10-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Doubt it.....deer are no match for wolves. Just tasty snacks

If the hind hoof is right in the kisser, it would break his teeth and jaw....Many zebras have killed lions that way.....

Deer_Slayer
10-15-2017, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say the moose escaped. Wolves have amazing biting pressure and maybe the wolf inflicted some nasty wounds on the moose's tendons and muscles. The wolf is patient. They probably waited for the moose to stiffen up over time then go in for the kill.