PDA

View Full Version : 6-09 C Goat draw

Rymar
10-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Anyone with the 6-09C goat draw been out yet? Would love to hear some good news before heading up.

Cheers Rymar

CheesyLimper
10-12-2017, 04:05 PM
My wife has been doing geology work in there the last two weeks. She's seen a few small groups of goats on Caribou mountain near Serb creek plus a few more on other mountains nearby while choppering in.

Rymar
10-15-2017, 05:53 PM
thanks for the info!

CheesyLimper
10-15-2017, 07:17 PM
No problem. I was in there today (Caribou Mountain) doing a bit of sniffing around for bears. PM me if you need any more info.

CReever
08-16-2021, 05:39 PM
I've been fortunate to draw this tag this season! Anyone willing to share their experience of the area? MU 6-09C will be a new hunt for me.
I've done my e-scouting and will be heading into the mountains early September to find a mature billy.

Thanks,
CR

GROOTSKY
08-18-2021, 11:46 AM
You could access some good area from the Telkwa Pass, drive about 20 km down the Telkwa river road then use quad or side by side for easy access to Top Lake to set up camp which puts you near treeline in the middle of the pass. Guys do get goats out of that area.

S.W.A.T.
08-20-2021, 07:25 PM
Better check your map and be certain of your zone camping out there.

GROOTSKY
08-20-2021, 09:05 PM
Lakes are the line, anything on the north side good to go

CReever
08-20-2021, 09:19 PM
You could access some good area from the Telkwa Pass, drive about 20 km down the Telkwa river road then use quad or side by side for easy access to Top Lake to set up camp which puts you near treeline in the middle of the pass. Guys do get goats out of that area.

Thanks GROOTSKY,

I was planning on using the Telkwa pass route as option #1.
I am hoping to access some of the other areas that are more challenging to get into just for the adventure. Maybe cross the river on the west side of the zone and get into Blackberry and Ventura Peak drainages.
I'll post my findings once the season is over.

Cheers,
CReever

CReever
08-20-2021, 09:23 PM
Better check your map and be certain of your zone camping out there.

Good reminder S.W.A.T.
The IHunter app has very detailed MU zone designation so that mistake would be hard to make.

Cheers,
CReever