PDA

View Full Version : buck expert..urine

srupp
10-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Hmmm i spoke with the company head office this morning discussing their moose urine product..
This so far has been the premium brand in effectiveness for many years..at one time Tinks did compare favorably "with Buck Expert however not for 6? Years..when they changed their product.Code Blue works but Buck Expert still seems better.
The product once opened is good for that year..new bottle next year..
Place the urine holder..aka tampon in the open..cut blocks. .field..round lake..
Pick a evergreen and tie it up high..in from edge so rain and snow do not dilute it.
You want the most open air location so wind can move the scent..and Thermals too.
Location should be away from roads that road " hunters" patrol..nothing will irritate you like doing the work..just to have rd hunter shoot your results..
Congrads to all hunters.
Steven

elknut
10-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Steven ....Do you know if Buck Expert produces elk urine ?...

Whonnock Boy
10-12-2017, 02:08 PM
http://www.cabelas.ca/product/59560/buck-expert-synthetic-100-scents-cow-elk-in-heat

Steven ....Do you know if Buck Expert produces elk urine ?...

srupp
10-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Hmmm this is the first year I can recall seeing the word synthetic on the bottle..and i never did the taste test to see if it was indeed still salty...lol spew.....
But it worked it's magic for at least 20 deceased bull moose...

Anyone use code blue this year?

Cheers
Steven

Buckmeister
10-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Hmmm this is the first year I can recall seeing the word synthetic on the bottle..and i never did the taste test to see if it was indeed still salty...lol spew.....
But it worked it's magic for at least 20 deceased bull moose...

Anyone use code blue this year?

Cheers
Steven

I used code blue synthetic last year for whitetail with success. This year I got a bottle of the real stuff but haven't used it yet.

bigstew
10-13-2017, 08:08 AM
what about using "Buck bomb" or wildlife research? anyone had good results for white tails, muley or moose.

Thanks

elknut
10-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Thanks Whonnock Boy!!!!...Should of just googled it rather than ask ...just lazy I guess..LOL

Ourea
10-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Ive hung numerous scent attractants in front of my trail cams for (mostly for WT). In almost all situation bucks largely ignore it. Srupps thread will further motivate me to try more attractants and quantify the results. Been pretty much snake oil so far. ...i will be thrilled to see a consitent result.

srupp
10-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Ive hung numerous scent attractants in front of my trail cams for (mostly for WT). In almost all situation bucks largely ignore it. Srupps thread will further motivate me to try more attractants and quantify the results. Been pretty much snake oil so far. ...i will be thrilled to see a consitent result.

I only use scent for moose..however Betty Frank's started using scent 30 years ago..i used Tinks for many many years..consistent results.then it was clear as water, no smell..stopped working..fortunately I was also using some scents with buck expert..it works.
Tinks confirmed they had switched formula..i did try code blue one year and harvested a bull..from three locations ..so 33%.
Buck expert has 7 bulls in 4 years that I have witnessed..why I recomend it.its not the total story..it's part of a plan..
Calling
Listening
Steven

Ourea
10-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Cool.
I will play with a few more this nov.
Be fun to see something truly change behavior and attention.