PDA

View Full Version : Deer in mica creek

Husky7mm
08-05-2007, 12:14 PM
I see the area is open for deer but is there any deer around there,and that area of the kinbasket?

GoatGuy
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM
yes and yes.

Deer can be spotty, but there's some big 'uns in that part of the world.

Tough country, tough conditions, but there are deer there.

BearSniper
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Mica Creek

Husky7mm. Yes theres deer there. I'll try to post a picture of my sons Mulie taken last fall, mid November.

However, you don't have to go that far north. We got this guy just a tad north of Rrevelstoke. I suggest you wait until the first heavy snows come down in elevation. Theres lots and lots of deer sign east of the highway and several good forestry roads to check out.

Best of luck:)

Wildfoot
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
tons down at the south end of the lake. There are no animals at the north end by Valemount. It isnt even worth your time to go look for them. Stay south. :tongue:

Husky7mm
08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
tons down at the south end of the lake. There are no animals at the north end by Valemount. It isnt even worth your time to go look for them. Stay south. :tongue:
Please Im looking for an honest answer PM me if you are sensitive about this area.

highcountry88
08-07-2007, 08:58 AM
We have had some experience in the area south of Mica Creek...the times we have hunted there, the deer have always been near the the highway and the lake, which I thought was a little unusual.... we have not seen a lot of deer like some area, but they are there.

Wildfoot
08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Please Im looking for an honest answer PM me if you are sensitive about this area.

haha no worries. tons of hunters up there every season. but lots of animals too.

Husky7mm
08-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I like my hunting buffet style so to speak, I was really thinking of putting in for moose there but dont like to put all my eggs in one basket.