PDA

View Full Version : Canal Flats area Elk hunting info wanted

Pinewood
10-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi. Starting a week around Canal Flats looking for Elk. Never been in the area before but hunting buddy has a basecamp here for us. Any info that could point us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, and good luck as the season progresses.

gutpile
10-09-2017, 07:10 PM
I heard there are lots of grizzlys there .

J_T
10-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Have a good hunt. Are you hunting the east side or the west side of the valley?

Pinewood
10-09-2017, 09:42 PM
West side.

monasheemountainman
10-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Good luck! Haven't been there since initiation D when we won the banner in that old barn! Loved playing hockey there as a kid! I wonder if they still have that old tractor as a zamboni?!

Everett
10-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Just came out of there not an Elk to be seen its a wasteland except for WT does tons of them around think they ate all the Elk.

HankBC
10-10-2017, 04:42 PM
I was there for a few days around the 20th of September. The only thing I called in were the other hunters. I was able to get some real bulls sounding off to my located bugles, however they were only wayyyyyy up the heavily forested valleys during the day. At night I called a few to try and find where to go in the morning. They stop calling around an hour before first light. Keep in mind I wasn't road hunting, but running around on an RZR then hiking all over. As another member said, go the west side. East was quiet.

Pinewood
10-11-2017, 10:28 AM
We came down to grab some stuff in Canal Flats. Not much to be seen up in the hills except hunters. Saw a little wt buck and a few does. All the elk sign is old.