PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

wos
10-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Is it possible that my elk herd has died? Where I hunt isn't the best spot on the world, but I can always seem to find them or good sign. I have yet to be successful. But I had high hopes for this year. I have hunted every weekend of the season and scouted pre season and have yet to see a track. No new rubs lots of old ones. I have checked new spots to and only old sign. Could they have mooved to a different mountain? What is evryone else finding?

tinhorse
10-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Probably pushed by wolves, hunters or?? If the feed is still good and nothing has changed in 'your area', they will be back. May take some time, like next year but they will return at some point. My guess anyways....

elkhunterette
10-07-2017, 08:12 PM
We were in area 7 and saw elk where we never have seen them before....we saw more grizzly sign everywhere, more than we have seen in the 30 years we have been hunting in the area.

10-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Wonder if the fires and smoke this year pushed the wild life around?

boxhitch
10-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Not sure where you are at, but have seen where elk use a particular field for years and then suddenly give it up.
Put the clues together for one spot and found different crops and cultivating/grazing program on neighbouring fields meant for a different food supply in the area

But it may have been caused by the aliens that were rumoured too

wos
10-08-2017, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the input guys I'm just heading out again. Hopefuly I find them.