PDA

View Full Version : Blocking FRS Roads

MOWITCH SLAYER
10-07-2017, 07:35 AM
I know how most of the members feel about natives blocking forest service roads. But what about non natives parking across roads to keep others out ! i just returned from a elk hunt in kimberly where we encountered this creation of private hunting on crown land several times . I find it violates the very meaning of crown land (owned by the people). I took pictures of the greed filled culprits trucks, but have not desided to post them till i get a responce to this from my fellow HBC

Spy
10-07-2017, 07:37 AM
It is illegal to block roads :-(

Rattler
10-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Take pictures,get licence plate and report to CO. Complete bs imo...

ryanb
10-07-2017, 07:43 AM
A resource road is just that, it is not a hunting road. Blocking a road whether it's a 50 yard spur or km's of road is the height of ignorance and stupidity.

Brez
10-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Totally agree with above

westcoast meds
10-07-2017, 08:20 AM
I've always pulled off to the sides of roads and most the time ( but not always ) if it's a little spur road I find guys turn around and leave the area when they see your truck. I do the same for others . But I have seen it when guys block the roads to some very large areas with multiple branches and onouph country for multiple hunters to not cross paths and I find that pretty obnoxious .

Whonnock Boy
10-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Contact the local CO, report what you witnessed, and ask that charges be laid for interfering with a lawful hunt. After doing so, continue to touch base with the officer asking for updates so he knows you mean business. I had some people block a road prior to first light several years ago. It was well over a year before charges were laid, then another 6 to 9 months for guilty individuals to schedule a court date, not show up, and waste valuable CO time.

The Hermit
10-07-2017, 08:49 AM
I have a winch on my truck... just saying!

Surrey Boy
10-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Key his truck to teach him a lesson, and find somewhere else.

Ourea
10-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Total BS that some take such action.
Stick a note on the vehicles ...... advise that you are reporting them to the CO services.

REMINGTON JIM
10-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Post them up - Blocking off access to public land is illegal and just plain WRONG ! RJ

willyqbc
10-07-2017, 09:36 AM
always park on the side of the road....there is a strange phenomena that happens to vehicles parked across roads....all their tires tend to go flat! must be from sitting on all that hard gravel instead of the soft grass on the side of the road!!:tongue:

Chris

scott h
10-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Post the pics. Hopefully the license plates are clearly visible.

358mag
10-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Nothing a good tow chain couldn't fix

S.W.A.T.
10-07-2017, 10:42 AM

That's worse then blocking the road.

Blocking the road is pretty ignorant imo but also somewhat understandable given the nature of people out. Maybe leave a note and also contact CO. At least it was blocked on the way in not the way out

sawmill
10-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Where abouts was this? I live in Kimberley and have never seen that. I`d be right pissed if I did. See a lot of rigs parked on the side but never one blocking the road. Let us know where this was, damned interested to know.

keoke
10-07-2017, 11:16 AM
keep a valve stem tool on hand. 4 tires flat that you cant fix makes for a rough day

cptnoblivious
10-07-2017, 11:59 AM
That's just ignorant.

Where I hunt most people have tow chains in their trucks and I'd suspect that the situation would be fairly quickly corrected ...

howa1500
10-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Blocking roads is super ignorant, and if I ever did such a thing I wouldn't be surprised to find that my vehicle had been messed with...

I also look at it from the perspective of my safety what happens should I get injured, did I just block off my rescuers?

If you want private land.. go buy it, or lease it.... Otherwise you go hunting on public land with the rest of the public

Tow chains are invaluable, so are other handy devices.
I have also seen trees felled on the exit route of said parker's...

MOWITCH SLAYER
10-07-2017, 02:11 PM
We were camped up Ta Ta Creek on the back side of the lost dog . The first time they blocked with a blue dodge we were on the wrong side and had to take a little detour around them. The second time they blocked the road it was just above our camp. We had a talk to them and they said they were hear in a large party from Powell River. And the C O had already visited them. The truck had a buisness decale on the door, i checked it out and the truck had B C plates but was registered to a alberta buisness. any way i have turned the information over to the C O in crambrook. Thank you all for your suport and great hunting !

scotty30-06
10-07-2017, 02:15 PM
I think messing with the truck could be worse....what if he comes out injured or hypothermic....then what......parking across road is beyond an asshole move....leave a note letting him know you took pics and are reporting him....otherwise find a diffrent spot to hunt or wait for there return

buckhunter76
10-07-2017, 03:17 PM
No sense in screwing with the guys vehicle by keying it or deflating the tires, makes you no better than him, leave a note next time stating what he's doing wrong, I've had plenty of people do this, I usually leave a note on the guys windshield or confront him if I see him. I had a guy with a full size truck block the whole road assumed no one else was in the area and when we came out after hiking all day I couldn't get by him, that time a snatch blocked to a tree cleaned the brush from the ditch to not scratch his truck up and I winched his truck Half into the ditch,what grinds my gears more is road hunters that are parked in the middle of the road waiting for it to get light out to start driving into areas and they won't let you buy ran into that last week with two different trucks thinking they had the right to hold up traffic till it was light enough to shoot so they had first crack at whatever was their, I wasn't waiting 30 minutes and had some choice words for them, if you wanna road hunt that's cool I don't I just wanna drive to my spot and hike in lol

skibum
10-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Kootenays.... BC's most entitled hunters

huckleberry
10-07-2017, 05:21 PM

There's a lot of out of area hunters that think "I don't live here. So I'll do as I please" screw the locals.
I'll camp where I please and park where I please, I'll be gone in a week anyway.

TexasWalker
10-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Post the pics!!

russm
10-07-2017, 07:27 PM
If I see a truck I turn around anyway, I don't want to hunt where there's people around, screwing with it isn't the best idea, I wouldn't want to be caught messing with a vehicle in the middle of nowhere, you never know when that person will be back.

phifedawg
10-08-2017, 02:05 PM
I was thinking about this thread this morning when I parked my truck about an hour before daylight on the side of a dead end spur road. I quietly walked in about a half km and nestled in to a nice spot over looking a cut block I have seen game in before. I sat for a couple of hours as the sun came up and the wind to my face I knew this could be a great spot. Only to have a guy on a quad come blasting in around 8 am, spin around and tear off.

It should be obvious but if you find a parked vehicle with one set of foot prints in the snow heading into a cut block, there is probably someone hunting it. Show some respect.

And to the guy on the quad this morning up Philpott /Belgo you are either a novice hunter or "trying to catch one on the road" I am positive you didn't see any game today and won't see anything at those speeds.

Hublocker
10-08-2017, 03:13 PM
I was thinking about this thread this morning when I parked my truck about an hour before daylight on the side of a dead end spur road. I quietly walked in about a half km and nestled in to a nice spot over looking a cut block I have seen game in before. I sat for a couple of hours as the sun came up and the wind to my face I knew this could be a great spot. Only to have a guy on a quad come blasting in around 8 am, spin around and tear off.

It should be obvious but if you find a parked vehicle with one set of foot prints in the snow heading into a cut block, there is probably someone hunting it. Show some respect.

And to the guy on the quad this morning up Philpott /Belgo you are either a novice hunter or "trying to catch one on the road" I am positive you didn't see any game today and won't see anything at those speeds.

He must have been looking for a place to park and hike in.

All the quad owners I see posting here say they don't hunt from a quad, they just use it to get to their spot to walk in.

Fella
10-08-2017, 04:01 PM
On the other end of the spectrum we were parked well off the road about 100 yards from a cut block with a road that dead ended a k or so from where we parked. We hiked in and worked the bowl until a couple hours after first light and when we got back to the truck we noticed that a quad had come up the road, passed the truck about 10 yards and then turned around. I tip my hat to that guy, definitely knows how to behave in the woods!

ryanb
10-08-2017, 04:35 PM
If you don't want a quad/truck to ruin your hunt, don't hunt where a quad/truck can ruin your hunt.

Gr8 white hunter
10-08-2017, 05:01 PM
We had some asshole logger up around Vanderhoof park a skidder on a bridge over a weekend to keep us out.They started bitching about us people from Vancouver as if they own the land up there.Hell I'm not even from Vancouver, thank god.

Gateholio
10-08-2017, 06:25 PM
We had some asshole logger up around Vanderhoof park a skidder on a bridge over a weekend to keep us out.They started bitching about us people from Vancouver as if they own the land up there.Hell I'm not even from Vancouver, thank god.

I always wonder the mentaility of people doing stuff like this. Most hunters are pretty reasonable guys, but some aren't. There is a crtain segment of people that are going to encounter that skidder and look at it as a challenge. Skidders are expensive and loggers need them to earn a living, the guy must be crazy though, as skidders are tough but not bulletproof or fireproof.

Squamch
10-08-2017, 06:40 PM

You're from sooke and don't have keys for it?!

I wasn't even blocking the road and had a lot truck hook up a chain and drag my old truck 50' down a road once. He stopped and told us, said it was "in his way to turn around."

steveo
10-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Hope the bridge that the skidder was parked on wasn't made out of wood. Pretty heavy machine to be pulling out of a creek bed.

Gr8 white hunter
10-08-2017, 07:02 PM
It was wooden, there was a guy from Prince George he suggested we cut through the bridge.

Shuswap guy
10-08-2017, 07:04 PM

... "Key his truck", he says... Yer unreal. However I do agree with the second part, "find somewhere else".

steveo
10-08-2017, 07:33 PM
It was wooden, there was a guy from Prince George he suggested we cut through the bridge.
My thought is wood has a tendency to burn in the right situation. There has on occasion been some vandalism to logging equipment here on the island with unknown reasoning so give the right guy some motive and well.... the math is easy.

Cyrus
10-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Can't we all get along...gotta love hunting a very selfish hobby for sure

IslandWanderer
10-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Leave a note? Like any loser blocking the road cares. Don’t damage the vehicle, but be creative....Lol.

Bugle M In
10-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Stick a note on the vehicles ...... advise that you are reporting them to the CO services.

This^^^^^leave note. take pics, and report.

IronNoggin
10-09-2017, 01:04 PM
... "Key his truck", he says... Yer unreal. However I do agree with the second part, "find somewhere else".

LOL! While I won't be keying any trucks that block me in or out, whoever did that will come back to Deep Regrets! :twisted:

And as far as Skidders go, I've run more than a few, and they are painfully easy to start without a key... ;-)

Cheers,
Nog

HarryToolips
10-09-2017, 02:28 PM
That's what I'd do....

bcsteve
10-09-2017, 03:29 PM
That's what I'd do....
Why put a note? Don't want to ruin the surprise!:wink:

sawmill
10-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Seriously????
Guys like you piss everybody off. Act like a hunter not like an entitled southern dick head. Then you may have a better time. Or just stay home.

hunter fisher
10-09-2017, 07:25 PM
can these pics please to posted to see the nature of the road blockage? was there any room to get around? was it a narrow road? could the guy have been dropping a sh*t in the bushes for 5 minutes and not thought about anyone driving up behind him? was he chasing a wounded bull into the bush? pics and more info needed before guys get out the pitch forks and lanterns.

TexasWalker
10-09-2017, 10:21 PM
He doesn't have pics, it's just dramatic BS.

b.c hunter 88
10-10-2017, 08:00 PM
bring the skidder haha