PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly meat hunt is a trophy hunt in disguise, say 38 organizations

Ohwildwon
10-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Wow, 38 to 1!

More reason to put some of your energy, towards speaking up, any way you can?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/grizzly-meat-hunt-is-a-trophy-hunt-in-disguise-say-38-organizations-1.4343602

huntaholic
10-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Agreed. Everyone should speak out against this rediculous regulation change. I remember BCWF going to war w GOABC on allocation , and here we are losing an entire species and not a peep. I thought they were there to represent our interests . It sure seems like they don't give a s@#t.

Red_Mist
10-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Just as an aside, bears will be killed regardless ....
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/conservation-service-says-469-bears-destroyed-in-b-c-this-year-1.3622194

caddisguy
10-06-2017, 10:43 PM
There are a lot of good comments from hunters on that CBC article on Facebook. Head on over and contribute.

twoSevenO
10-07-2017, 01:53 AM
So do people actually eat grizz?
Cause I've heard more than one instance of the meat being packed out only to be thrown away at home.

Why someone would pack it out in the first place only to throw it out I'm not sure. Can only imagine they have no desire to eat it but want to appear like they're not wasting the animal.

TexasWalker
10-07-2017, 02:34 AM
Cause I've heard more than one instance of the meat being packed out only to be thrown away at home.

Why someone would pack it out in the first place only to throw it out I'm not sure. Can only imagine they have no desire to eat it but want to appear like they're not wasting the animal.

Even when a carcass is left behind it isn't wasted.
Nothing is wasted in nature.
In actual fact it's probably better to leave it behind.

Wild one
10-07-2017, 03:40 AM

Mountain grizz tastes like black bear so to me it's good

just like black bear diet is what changes the flavour

elch jager
10-07-2017, 07:27 PM
I know that there will be 2 GO's sending butchered wrapped grizz meat via courier to the ndp members along with photos and GPS coord's of the wasted hide/head placed on the roadside...

S.W.A.T.
10-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Shoot, shovel, shut up

Surrey Boy
10-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Veganism is self-righteous bullying in disguise.

Pamela Anderson talking about morality? Crazy old cat ladies bitter that some of the rest of us can amount to something? Look at the anti-hunting crowd and call them out for the confused, schizophrenic failures they are. Attack the people, and their ideas will be ignored.

boxhitch
10-08-2017, 05:36 AM
Why someone would pack it out in the first place only to throw it out I'm not sure. Can only imagine they have no desire to eat it but want to appear like they're not wasting the animal.May have something to do with the way the meat was cared for. Someone does the good deed and takes the meat because someone else told them it was good to eat, and then gets a smell of aged carnivora.......needs to be experienced

boxhitch
10-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Hunters have to do more to down-play the whole 'trophy' moniker and what it means.
In all facets of life, humans are trying to achieve a higher standing and most will cherish a momento or token that sometimes comes along with the effort

Every where we turn, someone is getting praise and reward and acknowledgement, imo it doesn't matter if it is a safety award for getting through a week of work, a gold watch for 20 years service, the fastest cyclist sponsorship ,
the largest fish in the fry pan or the deer head on the wall. These are all trophies and its what we do as civilized citizens. Everyone has trophies of some sort through life, its how we are wired.

Stuffing heads and putting them on the wall dates back to ancient times, right along with the brass statues handed out for Lil Johnies hockey team wins

Lately a particular group has chosen the term 'trophy' to try and build a weapon to win their war, and nothing stinks more than someone trying to oppress others

brian
10-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Shoot, shovel, shut up

Why advocate for poaching?

Surrey Boy
10-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Why advocate for poaching?

Because progressive society rewards lawbreakers. Look at how much control the Indians are getting.

bearvalley
10-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Hunters have to do more to down-play the whole 'trophy' moniker and what it means.
In all facets of life, humans are trying to achieve a higher standing and most will cherish a momento or token that sometimes comes along with the effort

Every where we turn, someone is getting praise and reward and acknowledgement, imo it doesn't matter if it is a safety award for getting through a week of work, a gold watch for 20 years service, the fastest cyclist sponsorship ,
the largest fish in the fry pan or the deer head on the wall. These are all trophies and its what we do as civilized citizens. Everyone has trophies of some sort through life, its how we are wired.

Stuffing heads and putting them on the wall dates back to ancient times, right along with the brass statues handed out for Lil Johnies hockey team wins

Lately a particular group has chosen the term 'trophy' to try and build a weapon to win their war, and nothing stinks more than someone trying to oppress others

Well said , boxhitch.
The word "trophy" has been manipulated by a group opposed to hunting.
Really what is a trophy, other than a reminder of a memory.

brian
10-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Because progressive society rewards lawbreakers. Look at how much control the Indians are getting.

So law is irrelevant when you can get a reward out of breaking it? Have you thought this all the way through?

Dannybuoy
10-09-2017, 11:20 AM
So law is irrelevant when you can get a reward out of breaking it? Have you thought this all the way through?
He may be right ... marijuana is illegal yet that 4:16 Festival continues openly as well as all the illegal unlicensed dispensaries, I am sure there are other examples .

brian
10-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Lets take it back to hunting, I can benefit (gain reward) by ignoring buck only or antler point restrictions, so the law no longer applies to me? See where this is going?

Dannybuoy
10-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Lets take it back to hunting, I can benefit (gain reward by ignoring buck only or antler point restrictions, so the law no longer applies to me? See where this is going?
Not sure what would happen if " we" followed the same rules as " them " ....... can it get worse than what is happening ?

Darksith
10-09-2017, 12:18 PM
everyone should be sending an email to the goverment in regards to this. Also send one to Horgan himself. Come on people, next it will be black bears, then it will be anything deemed a trophy...caribou first most likely then rut hunting then no hunting

cpwrestler
10-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Forget the cbc comments. Send it directly to the government. They are seeking input at grizzly.bear@gov.bc.ca. Now is the chance to speak out, but do so respectfully so that it's taken seriously.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/

HarryToolips
10-09-2017, 09:05 PM
^^^^done, took me 10 minutes, everyone should be doing the same..