PDA

View Full Version : Leh bull moose 5-13

300lbdutchman
10-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Hello everyone, i managed to get a bull moose draw for the 5-13 area nov1-15, i have been trying to contact a c.o or the ministry to see if there is a closure of this area due to the fires this summer. I have zero luck in making contact, all the numbers online are not in service. Can anyone shed some light on the area or a number that is valid.

300lbdutchman

Whonnock Boy
10-06-2017, 08:29 AM
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0311-001657

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/2016-2018/chilcotin_plateau_mvhuntingclosedarea_map_2-42_17.pdf?WT.cg_n=HootSuite

boblly1
10-06-2017, 08:53 AM
I dont know about by phone. but i do know that a group of my friends are there as we speak looking for their leh moose. And our group will be there for our leh hunt on the 15th of October. So i think your ok good to go good luck

Citori54
10-06-2017, 10:26 AM
The fire ban was rescinded on Wednesday, September 27th at noon, but as Whonnock Boy has posted, there is a vehicle prohibition on any road not identified on the map. The Natural Resource Officer and RCMP were handing out tickets and fines even after the fire closure was removed. Trying to get accurate information was a joke, every government agency had a different story.

Timbow
10-06-2017, 01:27 PM
5-13A, 5-13B, or 5-13C?

moosinaround
10-06-2017, 03:46 PM
This was posted by a fellow on Facebook. Looks like moose hunting for anyone but Indians has been cancelled. They will give you your 6 bucks back though!! F#%ckin province!!! Moosin

Just received this email...

Hunting closures will help protect moose in the Cariboo

You’ve received this email because you currently hold a Limited Entry Hunting authorization to hunt moose in Zones A or C of Management Unit 5-13 during either the October 15-31 or November 1-15 season. The Limited Entry Hunt for moose in Zones A and C of Management Unit 5-13 during October 15-31 and November 1-15 has been closed.

Zones A and C of management unit 5-13 in the Cariboo contain high quality moose habitat that was severely affected by the Chilcotin Plateau Fire. In addition, the area is important to First Nations for sustenance hunting.

Closure of these moose zones applies to all licensed hunting, including resident and guided hunters. The moose hunting closure announced today is for an area immediately north of Highway 20 and west of Williams Lake and Quesnel. The closure was recommended by ministry biologists.

It comes on the heels of a ban on motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek area last week. These measures were a first step to mitigate wildlife vulnerability to hunters as a result of increased access and sight lines following the burning of major tracts of forest this past summer.

The areas impacted by today’s hunting ban will be assessed over the winter to determine what levels of sustainable hunting opportunity will be available in the coming years.

If your authorization for these hunt codes is a shared hunt please forward this message to the other members of your hunting party.

Refunds for the cost of the Limited Entry Hunting application are available to all hunters that applied for these hunts.

srupp
10-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Do not listen to anything you hear, nor what you read..CONTACT LEN BUTLER INSPECTOR for C.o. services in Cariboo...only one I would trust at this time.
I have been chatting to several hunters in that region..ALL TAGGED OUT ON MOOSE..100% Success...Photos prove their claim...
Steven

1 shot 1 kill
10-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Hunting closures will help protect moose in the Cariboo

Two areas of the Cariboo Region severely impacted by wildfires this summer will be closed to moose hunting for the October 15-31 and November 1-15 seasons.

Zones A and C of management unit 5-13 in the Cariboo contain high quality moose habitat that was severely affected by the Chilcotin Plateau Fire. In addition, the area is important to First Nations for sustenance hunting.

Closure of these zones applies to all licensed hunting, including resident and guided hunters. The moose hunting closure announced today is for an area immediately north of Highway 20 and west of Williams Lake and Quesnel. The closure was recommended by ministry biologists. It comes on the heels of a ban on motor vehicles for the purpose of licensed hunting within the Chilcotin Plateau and Hanceville-Riske Creek area last week.

These measures are first steps to mitigate wildlife vulnerability to hunters as a result of increased access and sight lines following the burning of major tracts of forest this past summer.

The areas impacted by today’s hunting ban will be assessed over the winter to determine what levels of sustainable hunting opportunity will be available in the coming years.

Cyrus
10-06-2017, 04:14 PM
The above is correct...saw it on bc gov site

Citori54
10-06-2017, 04:37 PM
I have a LEH draw for 5-13C and today received the exact notification posted by 1 Shot 1 Kill from the Fish and Wildlife Branch that 5-13A and C are closed for the October 15-31 and November 1-15 hunts. The scariest part is the last sentence in the notification - " the areas impacted will be assessed over the winter to determine what levels of sustainable hunting opportunity will be available in coming years". Not good.

If they are refunding the cost of the LEH applications, I also want no reduction in my odds for the next three years as normally happens after you are successful.

300lbdutchman
10-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the reply's. My wife got a call today from the who said my tag has been cancelled. My area was 5-13c i belive it was alexis creek area. Kinda conflicted feelings though if peoole are there now huntimg and i can not. I will call the guy on tuesday and hope he answers.

dogfood
10-07-2017, 09:43 AM
If they are closing it it should be closed to everyone

Citori54
10-07-2017, 10:06 PM
If they are closing it it should be closed to everyone

You are absolutely right, it should be closed for all, but this has nothing to do with conservation and all to do with politics.

ian745
10-07-2017, 11:01 PM
was just talking with my hunting partner today, his friends and their parents are in there right now and have been told once the tag season is done for them , thats it, closed for all, ( they have another friend in the next season who got told nope, its cancelled), cancel all or none in my opinion :(

boxhitch
10-08-2017, 05:23 AM
From those guys with the draw, does your leh permit paper state how many permits were issued this year?
What were the odds for this years draw? Usually those permits are cherished opportunities.

You leh winners are now losers, and if I was one, would be fighting to get a carry-over til next year. An easy transaction especially now that the process is electronic.
A simple refund wouldn't sit right with me

Citori54
10-08-2017, 07:47 AM
From those guys with the draw, does your leh permit paper state how many permits were issued this year?
What were the odds for this years draw? Usually those permits are cherished opportunities.

You leh winners are now losers, and if I was one, would be fighting to get a carry-over til next year. An easy transaction especially now that the process is electronic.
A simple refund wouldn't sit right with me

I will be pushing for carry-over but not holding out any hope. The other concern is that my odds will be reduced for the next three years as I am a "successful" applicant. Will be working to get that sorted out.

krispykritters
10-10-2017, 05:07 AM
does this mean we can still harvest our leh moose in 513 without punishment?

abbyfireguy
10-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Then apparently there are a crap load of hunters harvesting moose with closed/cancelled authorizations! What a gong show..... Tough to get this straightened out with any semblance of fairness...

boxhitch
10-10-2017, 12:58 PM
harvesting moose with closed/cancelled authorizationsClosure takes effect Oct 15