PDA

View Full Version : 9 In The Making.

Springer
10-06-2017, 03:09 AM
This time I want to share with ya'all my Good friends Adrian Vos and Tyler Pletz as they connect on a "Alberta Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep"..These boys have been back packing into their spot for 9 years until Adrian Connects with his first ever Ram.
They have had other opportunities that turned into lost opportunities on legal Rams , like having Sheep shot out from underneath them from the areas Outfitter , other resident hunters etc.
So you will see the emotion as it all comes together...

https://youtu.be/0NLw-z9VCY8

10-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Congrats to you both on your perserverance and dedication to that nice Ram. Thanks for the share. It's a beautiful place where they live, unparalleled in my opinion. It pulls you back, regardless of the suffering year after year to physically be able to do it. My magic number was also 9, as a rookie not harvesting a Ram, and no mentor, I turned down several that just couldn't be viewed correctly, didn't want to be made an example. Including a huge FC with radio collar. Regrets on that as the collar transmitter I found out later was dead, GOs gall, killed it the next season. It's a special time, with special people when it comes together. Thanks for taking us along with you. Terrific video.
Beautiful mount, memories forever. CT

Leaseman
10-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Another enjoyable film Phil!! :cool:

Thanks!

When is the next one??

Springer
10-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Thanks Mike, Probably do the next one in a Month from now.Thanks as well Curly Top. Many many hours go into editing ...

rocksteady
10-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Nice video...

Also reminds me of why I will never hunt sheep way too much work.

IronNoggin
10-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Great Work as usual Phil! :D

Thanks for taking us along!

Cheers,
Nog

srupp
10-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Hmm great event..2 hunters getting their rams..beautifully done. .enjoyable..

Thanks Zumbo..aces..
Cheers
Steven

Springer
10-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Just 1 Ram in this Video but they earned it..The year prior they were within 75 yds of a Nice Broomed Old Ram and in plain site of the Outfitter, when the Outfitter had his resident Hunter pull the trigger anyway. There was some words exchanged and the Guided hunter ( 70 yrs Old) actually apologized but was instructed to pull the trigger and all would be fine because these Boys were younger and lots of years to find another one.

Whonnock Boy
10-10-2017, 09:28 AM
They sure did. Sounds like they were in there a ways. Good on them, and thanks for sharing.

but they earned it..

BCbillies
10-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Thanks for sharing. That is dedication . . . great to see it end with a beautiful ram. Kudos to the guide for stepping aside on this hunt.

Rattler
10-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Very impressive effort put in on this hunt...wow!! Congrats to you guys, well deserved.

the wall
12-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Great video and been there and done that with the long wait to collect a trophy. Good on them to honour the trophy with a full mount.