PDA

View Full Version : First bison trip oct 16-31 zone B

sarg
10-03-2017, 08:36 AM
So the wife and I were lucky enough to get a shared bison draw this year for 7-57 B oct 16-31, we are leaving mission oct 14 bright and early and driving to FSJ that day, we will spend the night somewhere in FSJ, maybe the Walmart parking lot unless someone has a better option, i have never being to FSJ before. Is there a place in FSJ where a guy could fill up his travel trailer with water?? I really don't want to pack that extra weight if I don't need to.
Then oct 15 we will finish the drive to the airstrip where we will set up camp and spend the next two weeks looking to fill a few tags,
this is are first trip up there, we've had a few friends and family memeber do the trip and shared a few tip but I'm more then will to get more if any one is willing to share
thanks
Sarge

10-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Maybe try a local fire hall for water, they are generally helpful.

Good or luck on your hunt. Maybe Pay some extra $$ if ya have to Sikani Outfitters, lodging, food and maybe some good info, it's kind of a once in a lifetime tag. Make the best of it.

elknut
10-03-2017, 09:55 AM
You should find the RV sani dump site in FSJ...They should have potable water there.....Dennis.....Google it

squamishhunter
10-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Depends. It's been -5 overnight so they might have shut those off for the winter.

sarg
10-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Depends. It's been -5 overnight so they might have shut those off for the winter.
That's what I'm worried about

sarg
10-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Maybe try a local fire hall for water, they are generally helpful.

Good or luck on your hunt. Maybe Pay some extra $$ if ya have to Sikani Outfitters, lodging, food and maybe some good info, it's kind of a once in a lifetime tag. Make the best of it.
kind of looked in to it, it would be ok for my self but x2 is to rich for my Scottish/Jewish and a bit Dutch blood ;)

monasheemountainman
10-03-2017, 10:33 AM
dude screw the trailer rent a cabin at sitkanni river outfitters....When I was there 5 years ago it was $125/ night for a warm cabin MEALS INCLUDED...no brainer no stress...wake up, go in for breakfast, and go hunting right from there!!!

sarg
10-03-2017, 10:40 AM
dude screw the trailer rent a cabin at sitkanni river outfitters....When I was there 5 years ago it was $125/ night for a warm cabin MEALS INCLUDED...no brainer no stress...wake up, go in for breakfast, and go hunting right from there!!!

When I looked in to it, it was $125 a person x2 x14 day = $3500 to much of this Scotsman ( I could have miss understood) but to late now. Trailer it is

monasheemountainman
10-03-2017, 11:07 AM
well ya if youre going for two weeks lol i went for 2 nights tagged out on the second day everyone else tagged out on the first day...but ya if youre going for that long then youre on the right track

bridger
10-03-2017, 11:09 AM
When I looked in to it, it was $125 a person x2 x14 day = $3500 to much of this Scotsman ( I could have miss understood) but to late now. Trailer it is

How are you accessing the area. Do you have a quad?

boxhitch
10-03-2017, 11:10 AM
A little further north to Charlie Lake and a good rv site on the highway

Angus
10-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Try the Rotary RV Park just north of town.

250-785-1700

http://www.rotaryrvparkfsj.com/

sarg
10-03-2017, 11:41 AM
How are you accessing the area. Do you have a quad?
Ya we are being up 2 quads, so quad and hoofing it

renegadeowl
10-03-2017, 02:28 PM
If you are pulling a trailer in to the airstrip take chains for all four corners of your truck. We had the 1st-15th draw in there last year and the constant snowing/thawing/refreezing made some of those hills pretty nasty on the way out. PM me if you have any more specific questions happy to help

tomahawk
10-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Some good points already talked about especially Renegadeowl, the hill down on the trip into the strip can be down right dangerous. Ive had 5 bison draws for B and half the time 4 chains are required. One year there were guys who couldn't get back up the hill cause they didn't bring chains and other years guys couldn't camp at the strip cause they couldn't get down the hill.

If its been -5 in the fort you will likely be looking at cold temps at the strip, are the tanks and lines in your trailer insulated and heated? if not you likely wont have water anyways. bring some jugs so you can assure you have water kept warm in the trailer.

Sitkaspruce
10-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Sarg sent you a PM

Was up there yesterday and it was a typical fall day: dry, sunny, cool and lots of gold and yellow. Not much for traffic and pretty quiet for the area.

Cheers

SS

browningboy
10-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Sarg just fill up your water, who cares you might want spend an extra $ 30 on fuel at most, but if you're that cheap then find a place like Wonowon and see if they have water? I have Scottish buddies and I understand...

northernbc
10-04-2017, 12:38 PM
If you want you could stay in front of my house plug in and fill water if you want I'm in fsj

sarg
10-04-2017, 12:50 PM
If you want you could stay in front of my house plug in and fill water if you want I'm in fsj

Thats a great offer thank you

sarg
10-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Sarg just fill up your water, who cares you might want spend an extra $ 30 on fuel at most, but if you're that cheap then find a place like Wonowon and see if they have water? I have Scottish buddies and I understand...

Im more concerned about the extra weight, I'm already maxed out probably before adding water but if that's what I need to do then I'll do it :)

sarg
10-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Some good points already talked about especially Renegadeowl, the hill down on the trip into the strip can be down right dangerous. Ive had 5 bison draws for B and half the time 4 chains are required. One year there were guys who couldn't get back up the hill cause they didn't bring chains and other years guys couldn't camp at the strip cause they couldn't get down the hill.

If its been -5 in the fort you will likely be looking at cold temps at the strip, are the tanks and lines in your trailer insulated and heated? if not you likely wont have water anyways. bring some jugs so you can assure you have water kept warm in the trailer.

i made sure I had Chains for all 4 comers :) we prepared for the worst hope for the best :) and our trailer as the "attic package"

northernbc
10-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Pm sent I do not mind helping

browningboy
10-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Im more concerned about the extra weight, I'm already maxed out probably before adding water but if that's what I need to do then I'll do it :)

I just yanking your chain bud, all the best but you should be able to get water at Wonowon