PDA

View Full Version : Christina Lake Turkey's

P11
10-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Hey fellas, I'm in Christina Lake today and can't seem to find any suitable land - all the turkeys I've seen are on private land. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

HighCountryBC
10-02-2017, 08:41 PM
I'd go 30 minutes up the highway over to Castlegar. Pile of birds over there.

suburbboy
10-03-2017, 12:21 AM
Santa Rosa Rd in Christina Lake is supposed to have turkeys, I was there in the spring but the only turkeys I saw there were hens, and on private land. But a lot of the land out there (if you go far enough) is public, and the fall hunt is any sex, so you might have luck.

P11
10-03-2017, 07:27 AM

Awesome, is Castlegar a better option than Trail? Its about a 4 hour 1-way trip for me, I've seen a bunch if birds but most on private land - I actually pulled off the highway to pee and had a big Tom staring right at me on crownland....tried to grab my shotgun but he took off like a ghost.

goatdancer
10-03-2017, 08:50 AM

If you can make it to Castlegar in 30 minutes you'll be exceeding the speed limit by a large margin.
Santa Rosa Rd is a good bet around Christina Lake. Also back a few kms towards Grand Forks on the north side of the highway.

P11
10-03-2017, 11:57 AM
If you can make it to Castlegar in 30 minutes you'll be exceeding the speed limit by a large margin.
Santa Rosa Rd is a good bet around Christina Lake. Also back a few kms towards Grand Forks on the north side of the highway.

That's where I spooked the Tom but on the south side. The north side doesn't have a lot of tree cover, its mostly empty hills....are they roosting up there?

HighCountryBC
10-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Awesome, is Castlegar a better option than Trail? Its about a 4 hour 1-way trip for me, I've seen a bunch if birds but most on private land - I actually pulled off the highway to pee and had a big Tom staring right at me on crownland....tried to grab my shotgun but he took off like a ghost.

Lots of birds in both places on crown and private.

Brez
10-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Try up Fife. Try ask permission. It'd tough with all of the land being private, but some people find turkeys a nuisance. If you strike out then Trail/Castlegar