PDA

View Full Version : Tagging out?

VFX_man
10-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Was talking to the wife and mentioned there was the possibility in my upcoming end of Oct/Nov. hunt of getting:
1 LEH bull moose
1 Mule buck
1 LEH Mule doe
1 Whitetail
1 Bear

But not in a Elk MU, so no "worry" there.

She goes, might need a bigger freezer!!!

"But has anyone ever tagged out on all of their tags"? she asked.

I'm curious as well.

Cheers, VFX

rocksteady
10-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Yup... most years.. not bragging.. just go hardcore during the season.

One year I got an elk a moose 2 deer a goat a black bear and a gruzz.

HarryToolips
10-01-2017, 09:36 PM
That's just wicked.......

VFX_man
10-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Yup... most years.. not bragging.. just go hardcore during the season.

One year I got an elk a moose 2 deer a goat a black bear and a gruzz.

Sweet!!! I hope you had a big appetite ;)

Linksman313
10-02-2017, 10:55 AM
How many mouths you feed at your place VFX? We are feeding 9-10 at our place depending on if we like the niece's boyfriend enough to invite him for dinner lols. And we are all eatwild with the current beef pricing in local grocery stores, (thank God for grouse to offset). I've never been drawn for Leh and never tagged out, it's either the Mule buck (4 point round here) or the unicorn spike fork Bull moose that one never sees during the season that have kept me off the tag out list. Going hard after that Mule monster this year though!!
Links

Xenomorph
10-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Sweet!!! I hope you had a big appetite ;)

I do all my butchering myself and just a little while ago I found a pack of tenderloins from two years ago. Nicely kept, still vacuum sealed, tasting fresh as ever. If you don't finish your stuff in one season, there's always another year or friends and family dinners.

VFX_man
10-02-2017, 11:30 AM
How many mouths you feed at your place VFX? We are feeding 9-10 at our place depending on if we like the niece's boyfriend enough to invite him for dinner lols. And we are all eatwild with the current beef pricing in local grocery stores, (thank God for grouse to offset). I've never been drawn for Leh and never tagged out, it's either the Mule buck (4 point round here) or the unicorn spike fork Bull moose that one never sees during the season that have kept me off the tag out list. Going hard after that Mule monster this year though!!
Links

Less mouths on my end, but have several off-grid friends and others who are all lined up if the hunt spirits look kindly on me . . . One of my off-grid friends who "senses things" said I have have a FN Scout that is watching over me when I am up there where I hunt, so will take any help I can get.

walks with deer
10-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Vfx man it snowed yesterday where your headed.

walks with deer
10-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Well vfx man where your headed whitetail,mule deer,bear and a moose are doable.
I have essentialy tagged out every year the last nine.
25 or 6 deer 4 moose 2 caribou and 3 elk plus probaly 15 bear. The bear will be less and less from now on.whitetail are plentiful..mule deer are way down this year to the point i might just hunt whitetail and blacktail..not that i couldnt get just numbers are low..
Blue grouse are everywhere.you should have a fun week.

gcreek
10-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Well vfx man where your headed whitetail,mule deer,bear and a moose are doable.
I have essentialy tagged out every year the last nine.
25 or 6 deer 4 moose 2 caribou and 3 elk plus probaly 15 bear. The bear will be less and less from now on.whitetail are plentiful..mule deer are way down this year to the point i might just hunt whitetail and blacktail..not that i couldnt get just numbers are low..
Blue grouse are everywhere.you should have a fun week.

Are the other grouse doing well there? 2 cold springs and ours are limited. We had 2 flocks of sharptails on a couple of our meadows. Haven't seen one in 2 years. Lynx are plentiful right now too.

walks with deer
10-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Ruffed are slow spruce no existint..blues more than i have ever seen or ate

walks with deer
10-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Agreed on all cats max height i have seen

gcreek
10-03-2017, 05:15 AM
Ruffed are slow spruce no existint..blues more than i have ever seen or ate

Interesting, we've never had blues here. Ruff and spruce for the most part. Was once a little flock of sharptails on nearly every dryish meadow, as said, I haven't seen one for at least 2 years. Was a good experience to watch them dance in the spring.

Ruff and spruce both around just low in numbers. I found a freshly hatched bunch of chicks in mid August this year. Latest I've witnessed that. Hope they get big enough to survive the snow.