PDA

View Full Version : Bagged my first two grouse!

Greenthumbed
09-30-2017, 05:31 PM
I went out scouting for mule deer today with the family. I brought along my old .22 cooey with its brand new scope. We saw three ruffies. I shot two.
I'm pretty happy with that old gun. Deadly acurate at 25 yards.
The kids were pretty excited! So was I, if I do say so myself.

lowball
09-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Right on!!!

ForestWalker10
10-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Totally jealous!

Kill-da-wabbit
10-01-2017, 11:04 AM
How are you going to cook them? I like dredging them in flour and spices and frying. Congratulations! I always like taking grouse as payback for all the times they scare the snot out of me in the forest.

Sander
10-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Right on, looks like it has been a good year for grouse. I have been seeing a lot. How did you cook yours?

Greenthumbed
10-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Right on, looks like it has been a good year for grouse. I have been seeing a lot. How did you cook yours?
I plucked them and kept them whole. I split them down the back bone and flattened them out. I've got them and the giblets in a brine right now with lemons, rosemary, thyme, sage and bay leaves. In a little bit I'll put them on the pellet grill and smoke them for a bit then turn the heat up to finish them. They are going to be acompanied by a couple racks of pork ribs that have been smoking all day. Home fried potatoes winter squash and a green salad on the side.
I think it might be a good meal!

Gumsehwah
10-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Awesome sauce!!!:-)

I was so inspired by you that I went out and bagged three today.
What the hell…it was too nice out this afternoon to waste it on marking.��