PDA

View Full Version : got a love this one

butthead
09-29-2017, 07:35 PM
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-207893-3-.htm#207893

Bear Brawler
09-29-2017, 07:50 PM
What? Again we are being screwed while they let the others do anything they want. I have no problem with the restrictions but to not impose it to all is bullshit.

250 sav
09-29-2017, 08:03 PM
I hate this 2 sets of rules BS

S.W.A.T.
09-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Using atv's is their traditional way. Long before white man showed up they had quads and jet boats and center fire leaver action guns.

Oh wait.

They didn't even have the wheel. But you know there is no special treatment

lip_ripper00
09-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Incredible, .....

one-shot-wonder
09-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Both the Bonaparte and Tl'etinqox-t'in chiefs have the NDP's ear..... Hold on to your hats, were in for quite a ride!

tuffcityhunter
09-29-2017, 08:38 PM
well that is one way to ruin a good friday night, reading that crap

northernguy
09-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Wow...just...wow. Looks like I'm going to write a letter to my MLA for the first time in my life. Not that it will help but it will make me feel better.

I hope Joe Alphonse puts pressure on his band members to do the right thing and follow the same rules as everyone else...they wanted a complete ban in the first place. If they are truly serious about conservation they won't take advantage of the "exemption". They would do well to publicly state that they will not take advantage of the exemption. Don't pass up this great opportunity to do the right thing Joe!

gcreek
09-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Wow...just...wow. Looks like I'm going to write a letter to my MLA for the first time in my life. Not that it will help but it will make me feel better.

I hope Joe Alphonse puts pressure on his band members to do the right thing and follow the same rules as everyone else...they wanted a complete ban in the first place. If they are truly serious about conservation they won't take advantage of the "exemption". They would do well to publicly state that they will not take advantage of the exemption. Don't pass up this great opportunity to do the right thing Joe!

I posted nearly the exact statement in the WL Tribune comment section.

Citori54
09-29-2017, 09:09 PM
This is absolute bull#$%^. I have a moose draw in 5-13. I contacted the BC Wildfire Service and a CO from Quesnel asking about the fire closures in the area. The Fire Information Officer contacted me on Wednesday and advised the ban would be lifted and indeed notice was posted on the gov.bc.ca/wildfirebans website that the area closure was rescinded as of noon Wednesday, September 27th. The CO contacted me by e-mail and advised that all hunts in region 5 would now proceed, but did warn of a possible vehicle closure. I have great respect for the fire fighters, but these bureaucrats have no frickin idea what they are doing. The ban was lifted as of Wednesday and yet the RCMP were still fining people on Thursday. If wildlife survival hinges on this vehicle closure I can absolutely live with it but it MUST apply to all hunters, not just non-native. And for those that voted NDP like Island Wanderer, maybe now you know what the rest of us were worried about.

IslandWanderer
09-29-2017, 09:27 PM
This is absolute bull#$%^. I have a moose draw in 5-13. I contacted the BC Wildfire Service and a CO from Quesnel asking about the fire closures in the area. The Fire Information Officer contacted me on Wednesday and advised the ban would be lifted and indeed notice was posted on the gov.bc.ca/wildfirebans website that the area closure was rescinded as of noon Wednesday, September 27th. The CO contacted me by e-mail and advised that all hunts in region 5 would now proceed, but did warn of a possible vehicle closure. I have great respect for the fire fighters, but these bureaucrats have no frickin idea what they are doing. The ban was lifted as of Wednesday and yet the RCMP were still fining people on Thursday. If wildlife survival hinges on this vehicle closure I can absolutely live with it but it MUST apply to all hunters, not just non-native. And for those that voted NDP like Island Wanderer, maybe now you know what the rest of us were worried about.

lol, I got a name mention.

I must say, having different rules for different folks is pathetic politically correct nonsense.

northof49
09-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Tip of the iceberg....NDP evil, dont forget.

Hammerhead
09-29-2017, 10:00 PM

What he said

HarryToolips
09-29-2017, 10:14 PM
X3............we need to vote out the NDP asap..

Five
09-29-2017, 10:41 PM
I am so tired of this garbage.

Whonnock Boy
09-29-2017, 10:42 PM
This isn't a new thing when it comes to government. The liberals were making deals with First Nations when they were negotiating for site C. Same poop, different pile.

boxhitch
09-30-2017, 01:26 AM
Its the new Canadian way, get used to it.
Like Turdeau standing up at the United Nations meeting and instead of giving a speech about his vision of Canada in the world to come, he spews off about apologies and reconciliation with effn n's at home

Trudeau’s UN flop was a sad display of moral relativismToronto Sun . com

338win mag
09-30-2017, 06:22 AM
This is the perfect opportunity to expose the entities involved for what it is, has chief Alphonse made a response to the ban?
If he calls for his members to follow the ban then I can respect that, but if not then boooo....
Shocking, but I am beginning to think the NDP isn't fit to govern the province for 4 years with some of their idiotic decisions in such a short time. Not that they are that much different from the previous stupidity we are used to, its just stupid to stupider.

I dont blame or point fingers at the average native hunter but as my indian buddy said to me once,,,,"I gotta live here too and we all have to work together."

Citori54
09-30-2017, 07:15 AM
We need to mount a letter writing campaign to the local MLA's, MOE executive, the Minister of Environment etc. Conservation measures cannot be race based....if this prohibition truly is required, then all hunting should be included. In my opinion this is just a back door way to pander to the First Nations desire to have native only hunting in these areas. It is bad enough affected hunters forfeit hard to come by LEH draws with this prohibition, but now our odds will be reduced for the next three years to add insult to injury.

S.W.A.T.
09-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Is someone capable of writing a well worded letter that we can pass along to our region. I wrote one two years ago and it was pretty strong worded. They just kept telling me to contact someone else

Wild one
09-30-2017, 07:35 AM
NDP is not a friend of hunters they have been in power a short time and doing a good job of making this clear

Let's see how much damage they will accomplish in 4 years

Hunterguy
09-30-2017, 08:42 AM
This is the time for hunters to ride their quads, receive a ticket and than fight it in court on the grounds of discrimination. Agree to the shut down but should be for all! The other is that they say no hunting until there's more coverage " line of sight ". Does this mean until the trees grow back?

blackhawk19
09-30-2017, 08:51 AM
We will see what kind of a man Joe Alphonse really is . Talk is cheap, it's now time for action . Lets see if he's really concerned about conservation or did he just get what you really wanted . Lets make one set of rules, after all we all are equal Canadians ,aren't we ?

338 Mag
09-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Yes this wont go away anytime soon .We all need to on the same page or it will never work, someone needs to start wearing their BIG BOY Pants and we all know who that is. Absolute Trash.........

09-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Even my kids are wondering why the discrimination. I'm hunting the same way as I always do. I got my first draw ever and plan to fill those tags.

digginsweatinswearin
09-30-2017, 09:45 AM
There is absolutely no reason for the last line in that statement, I'm sure even the Indians are saying WTF?

Bunner
09-30-2017, 10:15 AM
That's BULL. And they wonder why people are so racist

Sirloin
09-30-2017, 10:26 AM
-------------------------------------

dougan
09-30-2017, 10:40 AM
I vote for class action discrimination law suit againt the government. Shouldn't be hard to prove that it is just that.

Wild one
09-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Maybe it's time hunters start playing the racist card with stuff like this

Hell we could probably even play the discrimination against our" lifestyle choice " or "culture "with the antis

We just need to make hunting a religion lol

Sad but this is the world we are in

BCMarc
09-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Just drive where you need to drive and if caught tell them you self-identify as a native hunter and are exempt.

Citori54
09-30-2017, 11:21 AM
I cannot confirm this latest rumour/news, but I have been told by a cabin/resort owner in the Cariboo that the prohibition will likely not apply to outfitters/guides as well as First Nations. If this is true, and it will be clarified hopefully Monday, then it means only tax paying BC residents will be prohibitted.

Spy
09-30-2017, 03:49 PM
I cannot confirm this latest rumour/news, but I have been told by a cabin/resort owner in the Cariboo that the prohibition will likely not apply to outfitters/guides as well as First Nations. If this is true, and it will be clarified hopefully Monday, then it means only tax paying BC residents will be prohibitted.

You are correct it's already been hashed out on another thread Outfitters are also exempt.

Wild one
09-30-2017, 04:10 PM
You are correct it's already been hashed out on another thread Outfitters are also exempt.

Its because they have built better relationships with Fn than resident hunters

Does not make it right but it's the truth

northof49
09-30-2017, 04:58 PM
This isn't a new thing when it comes to government. The liberals were making deals with First Nations when they were negotiating for site C. Same poop, different pile.

Yup....but NDP is worse.