PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rabbits in Langley-Chilliwak area

Big Blaze
08-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Looking to take my young cousin out for some shooting tommorow, or sunday, and figured why not get some dinner out of it, any areas would be great, or if you know anyone with rabbit troubles on a farm that would work too, any help would be great

cheers

300H&H
08-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Where do you live ? If its Kelowna they are every place and come out about 7 pm.

Steeleco
08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
There's plenty of rabbits in and around Langley, especially in the farming areas, trouble is they are either private land and or in a no shooting area.

If you can find a farmer that will let you pop some bunnies great, but then you'll need the "Lower Fraser valley special area hunting map" from the government to see what if any firearms you can use in that area.

The maps should be available at any license dealer, but if not the F/W office in Guildford nearly always has lots.

Dirty
08-04-2007, 09:03 AM
There is no discharge of firearms in Langley. In addition, as previously mentioned you need a Fraser Valley Special Area permit to hunt in the Fraser Valley West of the Vedder/Chilliwack River. You can get one using the policy number off of your house insurance. You can also use the insurance number associated with any gun club membership or BCWF membership. If you bowhunt opportunities to hunt rabbits in more urban areas will increase. Look for blackberry patches as that is where I see a majority of rabbits when walking.

Big Blaze
08-04-2007, 11:20 AM
i thought for cottontails because they were scd. C you dont need any licence, and I also do believe that langley is a no discharge area, enless for protecting land, so with permission this would be ok would it not?

Wildfoot
08-04-2007, 12:07 PM
any old FSR that has grass on it and thick willows on the sides will yeild plenty of bunnies.

greasysidedown
08-04-2007, 12:12 PM
shed c or not you still need a licence.

Wildfoot
08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
to kill any animal you need your license. I learned this the hard way lol. Dont shoot squirrels in Tunkwa lake PP with a bb gun when you are 10 unless you enjoy being yelled at by PFO's

Big Blaze
08-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Taken from the synopsis

Schedule C
Schedule "C" animals can be captured or killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to hunt or kill the following
Schedule "C" wildlife
among the animals are both the eastern cottontails and the European rabbit

coolhunter
08-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Can I hunt rabbits everytime and anywhere(out of town) ?

Big Blaze
08-05-2007, 10:09 AM
according to the synopsis, yes

mrdoog
08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
"Can I hunt rabbits everytime and anywhere(out of town) ?"

-make sure they are the type of rabbits listed in schedule "C"
there is more than one type of rabbit and hares in some areas

there are even some protected hares/rabbits which live in a small portion of BC

lip_ripper00
08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
A little off topic but I was out picking blackberries yesterday on Annacis Island (mmmm blackberrie wine) and we saw 25 alond a 2.5 km strech of road feeding on the boulavards. This was Richmonds idea of controle, trap them abd move them to Delta:rolleyes:

locdog_99
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah ive seen lots out there too i use to work near the railway an theyd be running around all day

Big Bucks
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Millions there , i work there.

o2fish2day
08-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Would you eat those bunnies though? Don't they put chemicals on the grass out there?

locdog_99
08-06-2007, 11:15 AM
lol they look abit small and they eat anything they can get usally gargabe too