PDA

View Full Version : O.K. who else cant concentrate, because their too exited about hunting season!!!

Paulyman
08-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, another hunting season is just around the corner and it seems as if this season i am way more exicted about the possibilities. between my uncle and i we have three doe draws to fill and we will be hunting right in moose country and spike fork bulls are open.I find myself watching moose and deer hunting videos on google video just for a bit of satisfaction and every conversation with my outdoor friends seems to go to the topic of hunting without fail.

This thread has been officially created for people who are way too excited about the iminent hunting season and can barely focus on anything else, please feel free to leave your thoughts .

Paulyman

Derek_Erickson
08-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Three Doe Draws:-?....:cry:...our seed

wsm
08-03-2007, 08:52 PM
i have two deo draws and a moose draw, me brother in law has a doe draw. and the picture in my gallery has my name all over him. yup im excited even just to try for that big guy

Paulyman
08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
WSM two doe draws and and a moose draw, wow! that is some pretty amazing luck, for what area or areas if i may ask?

WoodOx
08-03-2007, 09:18 PM
cant wait, leave for sheep two weeks tomorrow! Busy as hell till then unfortunatley

BlacktailStalker
08-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Derek; More does die of winter kill than any amount of does being shot from doe draws, it affects populations nil. the harvest of a mature buck with good genetics has more effect on an area than anything, and the numbers are still rising :)

My girlfriend said last night I was sleepwalking, rubbing my head on the wall bugling, grunting and lip bawling. When I finally did crawl back into bed I came in from from under the covers at the foot of the bed and put my nose, in a certain area she said she remembered watching the bull elk sniff during the rut on my primos big bulls 1 through 10 in the last week.
I then let out a frustrated chuckle, followed by a popping grunt and fell back asleep.
I however did not lay parallel to her as the draft was coming from the window at the head of the bed and she said I turned until the wind was at my back beore finally settling in til morning.

Simply put, yes, I am psyched more so than a crack head with a welfare cheque and a new pipe.

Paulyman
08-03-2007, 09:29 PM
I have only one word to reply to your posting blacktail stalker....wow, you painted the picture very clearly, that is some funny shit.

browningboy
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I have only one word to reply to your posting blacktail stalker....wow, you painted the picture very clearly, that is some funny shit.

X2, I was trying to quote the crack line and welfare cheque, thats some funny shit, anyhow back to the thread, we are heading up to 187 mile of the alaskan with ZERO draws, but what the hell once your up there it's awesome and "Its the best place on earth!", heard that somewhere before:rolleyes:
An advance goodluck to all!8)

hunter1947
08-04-2007, 07:15 AM
My thoughts are to get this fricken lower leg healed up ,i tried going for a walk this morning and had to turn around and head back home after 1 klm into my walk ,in the past i have been putting 40 pounds in my back pack and going up small mt ,but even without taking it i can't go on any walks. :twisted:. I will have to wait and try my walk without the back pack on next weeked ,the hunting season is just around the corner and i can't train for it. :evil:. I have been looking forwards to this hunt retirement trip for the last 2 years. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

Wildman
08-04-2007, 07:30 AM
My thoughts are to get this fricken lower leg healed up ,i tried going for a walk this morning and had to turn around and head back home after 1 klm into my walk ,in the past i have been putting 40 pounds in my back pack and going up small mt ,but even without taking it i can't go on any walks. :twisted:. I will have to wait and try my walk without the back pack on next weeked ,the hunting season is just around the corner and i can't train for it. :evil:. I have been looking forwards to this hunt retirement trip for the last 2 years. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

Don't worry Wayne......you have determination. You will heal and you have many years left in you to hunt I'm sure. I bet you dont miss a day this hunting season even if Andy has to push you along in a dolly to find his elk.:mrgreen:

newhunterette
08-04-2007, 07:43 AM

Wayne,
I know u will make your trip this year - I have faith in you - I missed hunting last year and am hoping I get the okay to go this year so I can relate to the feeling of frustration but knowing your determination and your willpower you will perservere - or I could heat up the massage oils and give your leg a good workout (I know what y'all thinking - behave now - I mean from a medicinal therapeutic way) hehehehe

Ali

mark
08-04-2007, 08:17 AM
It will be here before we know it guys, any day now theres gonna be a fresh "full curl ram" story popping up, them moose pics and so on! If all goes well you should see some big elk pics from me come about mid sept! And yes, Im loosing sleep already! :-D:-D:-D

Bigbuckadams
08-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Just got back a few days ago from Terrace. Limited out on Sockeye, avg. about 8lbs. Landed 3 Springs 20,26, & 31 lbs. Due to work & unforunate circumstances, this was my first time out in the "wild" this year. I may not be able to hunt as much as previous years, but I too am Chompin' at the bit. Can't wait :-D.

Greenstone
08-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Yes sir, fellow hunters and hunteretts, its almost that time of year again. I like everyone else is just counting the days. Be out there in the wind and the rain huntin for Blacktails, man theres nothin like it. Thats all I'm thinking about. Is there really anything else? NO!!!!!

Kelly

oldtimer
08-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Spotted a beauty 4 point behind the sawmill last weekend as we were doing repairs to the log decks. I got in the company truck and drove to within 20' of him. Sure hope he is there the Sept. 1&2 weekend cuz I am taking my hunting bow to work. Mike

Barracuda
08-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Really looking forward to this year as they opened up Kitties in region 2 starting sept 10. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

riflebuilder
08-04-2007, 09:29 AM
12 days untill the sheep are endangered!!!!!! Work is dragging me down but the liberation is nie.

bsa30-06
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I have a any bull LEH for october and have been having dreams of tipping over one those big guys.I always wake up at the part when i walk up to it and realize how big they are and the that i hunt alone and have to figure out how to get it out to the truck.

sidney-hunter
08-04-2007, 11:31 AM
stop bragging, you guys are gonna make me cry. my season will probably consist of one or two trips out close to home for a little freezer buck. the leh gods have smiled on me with my second moose group hunt in 3 years...(probably my last) it will also be the second time i will not be able to attend. let me relate how much this chaps my ass!
i also know of a family which is doing even better than me... mom got an island elk, uncle got one too. add to that a moose draw and one other i think. add to that a couple deer trips and tell me how im supposed to go on living?
why cant i just win the super 7 already?

Gateholio
08-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I have no staff this year...It's insane...So I have some tentative plans but nothing 100% firm.:neutral:

270WIN
08-04-2007, 11:48 AM
ya i prety excited first alpine deer hunt for mule deer leaving aug 30.my most of all my dad and i anda felow hbcer havea shared moose hunt nov 1 and i have not hunted with my dad for overa season now has he good not get out last year.

luckynuts
08-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Excited most definately!!!

2 weeks will be heading out for sheep. Then in sept heading to atlin for Caribou and sometime later in the year head to smithers for goat8) those three are definately booked thanks to some great help I received from people here. Also there's the annual moose hunt in Oct, Deer in Nov.

The best thing is that it only cost me 12,000.00 Umm err I had to buy the wife a new yes new tent trailer. jeesh! I don't no whats wrong with the old 1987 6.9 diesel ford crew cab and the 1970 camper, I'm sure the blood stains will come out with a little elbow grease. Guess it's better than paying for a divorce.:eek::biggrin::roll:

Dominic Cicuto
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Can't wait to get up in Spatizi and plug a nice goat.

locdog_99
08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
just counting the day until youth season taking my lil bro out

kennyg826
08-06-2007, 12:20 AM
I got this disease that started about 20 years ago. It all started when my Dad, Grandpa, Mom, various Aunts and Uncles, and their friends would all congregate at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. The 4x4's would be loaded up with spare tires, chains, gas cans, trailers, canvas tents, wood stoves ect. ect. Now fortunately this disease doesn't have a cure yet, although my wife keeps researching franticly to find one. No worries though, when she finds the cure I'm sure that it will mutate into another incurable form. SEPTEMBER 18TH HERE I COME BABY.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

cwocarsten
08-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Go figure it's 2 months B4 I go on my 2 week hunt and I am on the treadmill 3 days a week. My wife is proud of my health effort. I'd give her another week and she will catch on.

bsa30-06
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Really looking forward to this year as they opened up Kitties in region 2 starting sept 10. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

This sounds like fun, go get them kitties.:mrgreen:

newhunterette
08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
hmm something is wrong here - last night the hubby was talking to his hunting buds about their trips this season - he started writing on the calender what his dates are and for some reason there is nothing showing "trip to cabin with Alison" he has sheep,elk,moose,mulie,whitetail,um even fishing trips booked and wow some bird hunts but he somehow forgot to add my name to a trip
wonder if I should say something - I am sure it is just an oversight caused by the "FEVER"

bsa30-06
08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
hmm something is wrong here - last night the hubby was talking to his hunting buds about their trips this season - he started writing on the calender what his dates are and for some reason there is nothing showing "trip to cabin with Alison" he has sheep,elk,moose,mulie,whitetail,um even fishing trips booked and wow some bird hunts but he somehow forgot to add my name to a trip
wonder if I should say something - I am sure it is just an oversight caused by the "FEVER"

I can't imagine you not saying anything.:mrgreen:

hunter1947
08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Newhunterette ,I would say to your darling husband ,wear are we going this year on our trip for a hunt ????.

CHilko21
08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
I can't wait to get out this year, I've been scouting all around for deer ( when I'm not doing the rodeo thing, but even when I'm travelling the back roads on my way to the rodeos and I see game, I keep tabs on them for later). I've got a mouse group hunt with my mom and brother, and I'm just hoping if my brother gets drafted by a Jumior A team this year that he has time to come hunting with me, because after november we might not be seeing much of each other. I can't wait for september

newhunterette
08-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I can't imagine you not saying anything.:mrgreen:
proudly admits to having the gift for the gab but does know the right times to be silent heheheheh

[quote=hunter1947;172745]Newhunterette ,I would say to your darling husband ,wear are we going this year on our trip for a hunt ????.
and he would say "what hunt" heheheh actually I think I am booked into a thanksgiving hunt health permitting :)

o2fish2day
08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I've got a mouse group hunt with my mom and brother, and I'm just hoping if my brother gets drafted by a Jumior A team this year that he has time to come hunting with me, because after november we might not be seeing much of each other. I can't wait for september

Are mice LEH?

jessbennett
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
couple of weeks and the kootenays here i come........:mrgreen:

pmj
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I can't decide what I should be doing first:confused:! This year is totally out of normal:shock:. I am trying to juggle my vacation schedule to fit in all my draws. I am going on an Alpine muley hunt Oct 6 to Oct14. I have leh antlerless white tail Oct 10 to Nov 15 and antlerless mule deer Nov 1 to 30 th. Did not expect to have this kind of problem this year:-D.

Jelvis
08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Been working out in gym, walking too, ready to go scouting Pauley man so let's go!

Paulyman
08-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Jelvis, I like your enthusiasm keep up the good work. I see your a kamloops boy do yo hunt the area at all?

peterrum3
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Well my story is a bit different andI can honestly say I can hardly wait to get back to BC. I've been working in Africa for over 2 yrs now. Ive been able to get back to BC a bit during the summertime and Christmas but unfortunately I have had to miss the last two seasons completely. I planned my holiday this year by not taking any other holidays so far and now I have two months saved up. I land in Penticton in just over 4 weeks and the first thing I am doing after a good nights sleep is getting my bow and 30.06 out of storage. I am planning to tromp the hills of the south Okanagan for at least 6 out of the 8 weeks that I will be back. Am I looking forward to it. You bet. Clean air, good water, electricity, good roads. Ah we have it good in BC. I'm sure i dont have to tell alot of you that but take it from someone that is living in the dump where I am. Life is good for us.
My thoughts keep drifting to getting my bow and 30.06 out of storage and practicing again to get my effective range up to at least 30 yds, hang some tree stands, sit in the trees and think of nothing but the joy of being outdoors. With any luck i will be out when the first snows fly in the high country. I'm sure i will be, and if any of you are out and about during the snow and you come across another hunters track you will be able to tell which ones are mine. You'll see the imprint of a bow in the snow and a 6 ft. snow angel somewhere along my path. It will be good to get home and out in the woods.

Jelvis
08-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey Ya Paulyman I hunt Cherry Creek, Jamieson creek Logan Lake, Savona, Monte Lake, Bonaparte, Knoff lake,Oliver creek, Orchard Lake, Heffley creek Oconner Lake, Louis creek Gorman Lake, anywhere around Kamloops Great area for mule deer, moose and whitetail and grouse Tranquille too that's a beauty area around Red Lake I know some spots but even if a guy didn't you go out you see them, they can run but they can't hide, lol Pauly You can go up to 6000 ft at Chuwells mtn or Porcupine ridge or down to about 1100 at the North Thompson at Kamloops good spot. Do you get up to Kamloops at all? Paulyman

Jelvis
08-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Paulyman, Pullin a Willie Nelson, On the road again! Ya I know Barriere I hunted there for many moons also. Leonnie, Dixon all around super spot. Anywhere up here is awesome hunting, The Kettle now there's a place that was made for hunting can't beat it Beverdell and Lassie everywhere in reg 8 if you can't get one there, hang up the gun. JElvis

Paulyman
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Well said,the kettle valley is good,I got my buck within 10 minutes of starting my hunt.My uncle got a whitetail antlerless draw this year for the kettle valley, should have no trouble, i'm sure.

Derek_Erickson
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I too, am now getting excited!

Caveman
08-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Are mice LEH?

Only 6 Points, antlerless is open season :-D

Jelvis
08-09-2007, 02:32 PM
The Spike/Fork all time success hunter tell me some of your secrets please, The hole in the wall guy good to here from you

Shed Hunter
08-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I too a'm getting excited (or fevered up)

Paulyman
08-09-2007, 05:42 PM
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=644931509548293127&q=deer+hunting&total=2672&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Well, if you weren't jonesin this should do the trick. 31 days and counting, come on september 10th!

Will
08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Well I'm dreaming enough about Sept 10th to start sniffing around here again................:wink:

Paulyman
08-10-2007, 09:00 AM
I can taste the spicy deer pepperoni already!

rollingrock
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Just sighted my rifle in yesterday. At 100 meters I can hit a cigarette pack sized target, at 200 meters a pie plate sized target. Just have to wait for two more weeks and here I come.