PDA

View Full Version : Poaching Beaver Lake Area

Pete
08-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Someone is poaching Calves in the Beaver Lake area. All they are doing is killing the calf and taking 1 hind quarter from the animal. Unfortunately we have not been able to get any definite tracks as the Army is using the area for training, however there was a Quad used in the last one. Your help would greatly appreciated. Do not confront these person but if you can get as much detail as you can and contact the RCMP in Lake Country or the CO Service or leave me a message on this site.
Thank you.
Pete

bigwhiteys
08-03-2007, 08:41 AM
What a twit... what makes people do shit like this...?

Carl

Steeleco
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
It's one thing to shot and animal out of season which irks me like nothing else, but to then be so wasteful with it is even worse. I hope they catch the culprit, but even if they did something tells me the punishment won't be worth the effort :twisted::twisted:

Fisher-Dude
08-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Pete - what kind of calves? Moose? Elk? or Beef?

Hopefully they catch whomever it is! :mad:

Pete
08-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Pete - what kind of calves? Moose? Elk? or Beef?

Hopefully they catch whomever it is! :mad:

I did forget to mention that this Beaver Lake is due east of Winfield just north of Kelowna. This is a Beef calf but poaching is not restricted to just calves. A month ago we found a small Bear that had been shot and left and all they took was the claws off of 1 paw. Folks this is not good.
Cheers
Pete

Derek_Erickson
08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Its probably irresponsible teenagers with daddys gun he doesnt know about being gone!

kgriz
08-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Sounds like someone irked about a grazing permit or free range etc. If you were going to poach for good meat wouldn't you take the best part? The backstraps.

RiverOtter
08-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I can understand the frustration over range cattle and what they do to our fresh water, but dumping a farmers livelyhood is not cool. I hope the clown(s) responsible are caught and if nothing else have their names publicly reported along with a mug shot.

I work in that area occasionally, burning and danger tree falling and will pay a bit closer attention. Lots of traffic around that area for sure and at least 5 different access points that I'm aware of.

Without giving names Pete, is the farmer with the range rights for Beaver Lake from the Lumby or Winfield area?

RO

Pete
08-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I can understand the frustration over range cattle and what they do to our fresh water, but dumping a farmers livelyhood is not cool. I hope the clown(s) responsible are caught and if nothing else have their names publicly reported along with a mug shot.

I work in that area occasionally, burning and danger tree falling and will pay a bit closer attention. Lots of traffic around that area for sure and at least 5 different access points that I'm aware of.

Without giving names Pete, is the farmer with the range rights for Beaver Lake from the Lumby or Winfield area?

RO
Hi RO
Thanks for keeping an eyeout for issues, it truly is appreciated. I agree that not everyone out there may like cows on the range but the rancher and those cows are feeding our nation. We that hunt happen to have the skill and the know how to continue to harvest as our forefathers did but as is the case now it falls upon the farmer or rancher to provide the food for those that are not able to harvest the way we do.
I think you know the Rancher. It is the ranch at the bottom of the King Eddy rd. Take care and thanks again.
Cheers
Pete

hunter1947
08-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Sleep in the front of a big size truck on the main logging road into the area. Have a trail camera mounted on the front of your truck ,then when every truck ,car or other drives past you ,you got them on camera. there sure are so real idiot people out there these days ,i hope they catch these creeps.:twisted:.