View Full Version : good to go in the bush on our quads now

butthead
09-19-2017, 05:42 PM
http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2903

VFX_man
09-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Great News. Now I can scout a new secret valley I found :)

Rupert Retired
09-19-2017, 06:25 PM
I think this is fake news, at least I cannot find anything official on it. Anyone else?

VFX_man
09-19-2017, 06:30 PM
I think this is fake news, at least I cannot find anything official on it. Anyone else?

https://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo

sizedoes matter
09-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Allowed as of 12 noon sept 20.

rocksteady
09-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Glad I got my elk already, that way I don't need to listen to putt-putt-putt all over the place when I am putting a stalk on a bull.

Buckmeister
09-19-2017, 10:44 PM
So I wonder why 12 noon??? Is the bush somehow magically ready at noon, but not sooner?? What if its ready at dawn??? What if its not ready at noon and we have to wait till say 12:02 or 12:03???

604redneck
09-19-2017, 11:22 PM
Glad I got my elk already, that way I don't need to listen to putt-putt-putt all over the place when I am putting a stalk on a bull.
Cool story bro

bruce0580
09-20-2017, 05:44 AM

X2 on that

Amphibious
09-20-2017, 07:31 AM
I was just getting used to the peace and quiet...

Weatherby Fan
09-20-2017, 07:48 AM
So I wonder why 12 noon??? Is the bush somehow magically ready at noon, but not sooner?? What if its ready at dawn??? What if its not ready at noon and we have to wait till say 12:02 or 12:03???

Well what happens is they come into work for 08:30, check there emails from 8:30-09:45, coffee break 09:45-10:15, morning meeting 10:30-11:30 and put out email decision at 12:00 noon.......this way everyone knows they were in the office being productive on that day.......:mrgreen:

Ltbullken
09-20-2017, 08:31 AM

... did you read the link?!

358mag
09-20-2017, 08:42 AM
Yes it was so nice to be able to walk-hunt down a old forest service road or trail with hearing the putt-putt-putt or having to set aside as the quads+ S/S come racing down the roads .
Still so funny to see some clowns on there ORV stop with there motors still running and bugling for Elk !!!!!
Let the sh*t show begin again .

rimfire
09-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Yes it was so nice to be able to walk-hunt down a old forest service road or trail with hearing the putt-putt-putt or having to set aside as the quads+ S/S come racing down the roads .
Still so funny to see some clowns on there ORV stop with there motors still running and bugling for Elk !!!!!
Let the sh*t show begin again .

I love those guys. You keep walking and all the deer that they spooked appear behind them.

Dbuck
09-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Spent five days hunting and it was nice not hearing quads run all over the place. I think quads should only be used,
if needed, to haul an animal out. Lazy man's way of hunting, unless your handicapped.

hunter1947
09-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Spent five days hunting and it was nice not hearing quads run all over the place. I think quads should only be used,
if needed, to haul an animal out. Lazy man's way of hunting, unless your handicapped.

or a senior..

Island Idiots
09-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Or both. Going out tomorrow to roar around. I got a device on my muffler that makes elk calls while I drive my atv. Can't wait to try it out.

srupp
09-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Or both. Going out tomorrow to roar around. I got a device on my muffler that makes elk calls while I drive my atv. Can't wait to try it out.

Now THAT FUNNY !

Wondering if any of you are planning on growing older? Or life changing illnesses or injuries ? And still try and get into the back woods and then go hunting?
No..non of us plan on these changes...they just happen .....on some hunts I use my quad to access some areas and get some game out...don't rag the roads..nor buzz other hunters and their camps..i use my legs when I can..my truck ...airplanes to access remote lakes...iin a year of bear..deer..sheep..moose..wolf don't come in contact with many if any other hunters ...not sure where these putt putt comments fit in...? I'm just not seeing in up here..

At times I need my atv..on where and when I go..licensed and legal...far less pollution than my stinky diesel truck.
Cheers
Srupp

HighCountryBC
09-20-2017, 04:32 PM

You mean these kind of stalks?

After a while sitting in the truck in the sun I guess I got sleepy.. not sure how long I was asleep, maybe 5 minutes maybe 45.. dunno..

Open my eyes finally and here is a cow elk standing in the cutblock.. glasses her with bonus, could see some more elk coming out of the timber.. one was a bull but could not tell how big with binos...

Slid out the door with the rifle and spotting scope on the tripod

Too funny when hunters call out others for hunting the same way they do.

Brez
09-20-2017, 04:37 PM
I was just getting used to the peace and quiet...
A big X 2 on that! Sigh.

Brez
09-20-2017, 04:41 PM
or a senior..
no, he got it right...handicapped - actually, not even then.unless it's on an open road/trail - not road closures.