PDA

View Full Version : "Group" Hunt Problems!

HappyHuntr
09-19-2017, 03:42 PM
Hello All,

The group hunt is between 4 hunters that allows us to tag 2 moose. Unfortunately, it seems this year my family has caught flake-itis! They all have left me to trek forward on this hunt alone... Don't get me started.

Is this even able to be done? I was trying to investigate the necessary steps I'd have to take to document this change but was getting more confused the more research I did. Any help would be very appreciated.

srupp
09-19-2017, 04:01 PM
So my friend if you have one of those LEH tags ? Go find a moose, shoot him enjoy the spoils.
If your draw is in region 5? Send pm i might be able to help.
Cheers
Srupp

boxhitch
09-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Seems to me your group of one can go and fill one tag ?
Who cares where the rest of them are

09-19-2017, 04:04 PM
Your Family??? Wow....

isnnt there something about remaining in some form of communication with the rest of the group?
if they are leaving now and leaving you home assumed that because you would go if you could..... cross your fingers the 3 others don't shoot 2... if they shoot one, that leaves your one

HappyHuntr
09-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Haha great replies!
Wait... I thought my brothers instagram today was last years moose.... Oh no! haha
Its area 7 Srupp.

I was under the impression some paperwork had to be completed and I had to have it on hand for the necessary authorities. Am I out to lunch?

KodiakHntr
09-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Your Family??? Wow....

isnnt there something about remaining in some form of communication with the rest of the group?
if they are leaving now and leaving you home assumed that because you would go if you could..... cross your fingers the 3 others don't shoot 2... if they shoot one, that leaves your one

I read that as "they bailed on me, and I'm have to go out on my lonesome on this hunt all by myself as they are pussies and going to stay home on the couch"

If so, go kill one and cut your tag. You just can't shoot two of them is all.

srupp
09-19-2017, 05:32 PM
I read that as "they bailed on me, and I'm have to go out on my lonesome on this hunt all by myself as they are pussies and going to stay home on the couch"

If so, go kill one and cut your tag. You just can't shoot two of them is all.

Yup go hunt..
Srupp

Dannybuoy
09-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Haha great replies!
Wait... I thought my brothers instagram today was last years moose.... Oh no! haha
Its area 7 Srupp.

I was under the impression some paperwork had to be completed and I had to have it on hand for the necessary authorities. Am I out to lunch?
You have to have the form where you write down who of the 4 of you harvests the moose . If I remember right , you record the name and hunter numbers

Slinky Pickle
09-19-2017, 06:16 PM
As the single hunter of a group, you can only harvest one moose. The other moose must be taken by one of the other group members.

Looks like you get a freezer full of moose!

VLD43
09-19-2017, 07:56 PM
The only point that has not been clearly discussed here, is that if you harvest a moose, you must not only record the kill on your LEH permit, but it must also be recorded on the LEH permit of the other members of the group. This will reflect that only one moose may be harvested by any other member of the group. If you don't follow thru with this, and for any reason the other three members go hunting, the appearance on their permits is that neither tag has been used yet.

Bigdoggdon
09-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Go Hunt. If you get one cut your tag and right down the info on your LEH authorization, then text or Email the other members of your "group" to let them know you have made a kill. That way you have a WRITTEN RECORD that you informed them of your kill and the date it was harvested. My only concern is that I don't know where you'd stand should they reply to your text/Email that they had already harvested the 2 bulls allowed.

sparkes3
09-19-2017, 09:39 PM
if they are not hunting you can go hunt and shoot one moose
then you must let the others in your group know that you shot a moose and it must be recorded on their harvest report

Buckmeister
09-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Hmmmm, nice family. So if you harvest a moose, will any of them want a share since it was a 'group' hunt??? Hopefully this doesn't turn into a family feud.

tigrr
09-20-2017, 08:10 AM
Unclear what your trying to say.
Are they hunting as well? Leaving you to hunt on your own.

Keta1969
09-20-2017, 09:01 AM
As a group of four it is everyone's responsibility to ensure ONLY 2 moose are harvested by the group.No one in the group can shoot more than ONE moose. All members must fill out the harvest data information once a moose has been harvested, even those at home. If your group is feuding and heading off at the same in different directions it may be tough to meet the above criteria. If they just don't want to go, have fun shooting One moose.

HappyHuntr
09-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Sorry that it wasnt clear enough. I think some jokes in early replies about my family "tricking me" and leaving me behind got taken literal by some and that everyone in the draw was going out on their own.

To be clear: I will be the only one hunting at all. 1/4 guys. I was just looking for the paperwork necessary that I need to have. I contacted the department and finally got the formal title. It is called the "Record of Harvest Form". The confusing part was that I am not great at the computer and it took me a while to find it once I knew the correct name.

ElliotMoose
09-20-2017, 11:10 AM
I thought they mailed one of those record of harvest forms to you with your successful draw notice? Maybe one of your family members received it. Either way, get out there and bring home some meat! If there is GOS opportunities available maybe see if you can rally another guy or two to come with you? Handling a moose by yourself is tough work.. especially if he's in an ugly spot (as in anywhere that isn't right on the road haha). Besides, whiskey around the fire is always more enjoyable with a few comrades after a hard days work. We head north next thursday and I'm hoping we will hit the rut right. Only week all of us could take off. Straight shootin!

09-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Good luck bud, you gotta admit your first post kinda was a bit ambiguous ....