PDA

View Full Version : HBC hits an all time low !

boxhitch
09-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Should be front page news, such a disaster

I'm not a sheep hunter but I do enjoy reading the exploits of other HBC members that are. I don't think I am wrong in saying that this years
adventure reporting has been dismal. Maybe 3? outings reported? Or maybe I'm just missing something.
Seems lots of guys were pumped earlier about heading out for a ram encounter, but few reports have emerged?
Gone are the good ole daze

Andrewh
09-18-2017, 07:21 PM
I have one to post up...;-)

Just need to find a little time

Rhyno
09-18-2017, 07:32 PM
PG83 and I will be posting an adventure. Patience :)

caddisguy
09-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Glad to hear there are some in the pipe !

Whonnock Boy
09-18-2017, 08:10 PM
I've just been called up from the bullpen to help an old friend with his Kamloops lake sheep draw. They ran into some difficulties, and his partner had to jet after the weekend. So..... I'm heading up in the AM, and I'm hoping there will be a story. There's a little bit a pressure here considering the ease in which these rams are supposed to follow a guy home. Might have to call up the ace in the hole for some "Coach"ing.

Steelpulse
09-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Kamloops lake tag nice!!! I have a story about a man and a goat but will tel later when I have some time it's hunting season after all. Busy making stories

downsouth204
09-19-2017, 07:45 AM
its because photobucket turned into a holes, lol and messed this great website up. I've used imgur, seems to work!

Cyrus
09-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Or maybe no one is getting much...sure a lot of empty rigs coming back from up north...

eric
09-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Spent a week up on the Tuchodi..nothing but good memories to bring home.
Some friends went 6 hrs up the Muskwa..nothing.
Also talked to some guys that were further up the Tuchodi..one cow Elk..
To warm for the Elk ?. Didn't hear a single Bugle...
Still had a great time

Wild one
09-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Or maybe no one is getting much...sure a lot of empty rigs coming back from up north...

Seen some moose/caribou in the back of trucks going down Hwy 16 the last few days so someone is getting lucky

Over the years less people post stories. Photo bucket is part but many other reasons as well

warnniklz
09-19-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm taking my dad goat hunting this year... going trail clearing and scouting for him... leaving Friday for a week. With everything burnt to hell around here, all my focus is on getting my dad a goat... so hold your tits!

Maybe I'll be able to get an elusive north coast blacktail...

09-19-2017, 12:06 PM
it also used to be way easier to use this site to load up pictures.... a couple years ago there was an update that killed that..... you could literally hit "upload pic" in your gallery and upload from where ever on your computer.... now the size limits are impossible... it stopped me from posting pics....

Spy
09-19-2017, 01:12 PM
it also used to be way easier to use this site to load up pictures.... a couple years ago there was an update that killed that..... you could literally hit "upload pic" in your gallery and upload from where ever on your computer.... now the size limits are impossible... it stopped me from posting pics....
X2 totally agree once PB booted me out I tried imgur and the same thing happened I have now given up on posting pics on HBC. This photo thing has always been a thorn in HBCs side & I suspect it stops many from posting pics and stories.

bandit
09-19-2017, 01:41 PM

I'm not a sheep hunter but I do enjoy reading the exploits of other HBC members that are. I don't think I am wrong in saying that this years
adventure reporting has been dismal. Maybe 3? outings reported? Or maybe I'm just missing something.
Seems lots of guys were pumped earlier about heading out for a ram encounter, but few reports have emerged?

Guess you didn't read the Patagonia bear jerky thread.

Antis have been mining this very site for pictures and stories then publishing academic research on it. Obviously their data is manipulated in such a way as to paint hunting and hunters in a very poor light.

Bugle M In
09-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Not sure about everyone, but for some of us, plans were interrupted by those fires etc.
Thankfully, I will be heading up EK way tomorrow night if everything goes as planned.
Looking forward to it....temperatures are much more inline right now with years gone by.
These 30+ season have been a bit of a damper...partially anyways.
Even if EK had been open, those temps were less then ideal.
For us though down in LM, it has made it harder to decide where to go, and WHEN, to go.
Think maybe there will be more posts coming soon....(hoping I can add a couple of pics soon!)
Also, like people have said, posting pics from one source is lost...so are the pics, and posting pics is a little
frustrating at times (doable!) if you only put up pics every now and then.
Would be great to have something that works directly thru this site....but I doubt that is possible.
And then with all the "Moles/Trolls " of late...doesn't make it as desirable either anymore.
Won't stop me though, but, I will be more "subjective" with what I show, and make sure it is in as "good taste"
as I can offer....not that I ever posted the more gory photos that can result at times.
Maybe also try to offer pics that are more about the entire trip, rather than just the end result.....
Good luck guys and gals...hope you have fun out there.

Darksith
09-19-2017, 02:15 PM

unfortunately facebook is an easier platform to post pictures too...just saying. I still actively work an sharing my successful adventures because I enjoy it, but man uploading pictures to here is a pain in the ass!

twoSevenO
09-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Photos are a royal pain and without a doubt a major reason why people don't post.

This site isn't mobile friendly period.

We need a tool that allows a one click photo upload and automatically resizes the photos to some reasonable size. By default every phone and camera nowdays takes insanely large resolution photos.

Bugle M In
09-19-2017, 03:37 PM
Photos are a royal pain and without a doubt a major reason why people don't post.

This site isn't mobile friendly period.

We need a tool that allows a one click photo upload and automatically resizes the photos to some reasonable size. By default every phone and camera nowdays takes insanely large resolution photos.

Bingo....the file sizes are large on cameras now!...and yes, on sight would be best, rather then 3rd party.

dbergen69
09-19-2017, 06:21 PM
I shot my first ram this year. I won't post it on HBC. I have seen way to much sheep bashing on this forum. The pictures and story are in the facebook sheep hunting group.

tigrr
09-19-2017, 08:29 PM
postimg.org is a great picture hosting site. pic size doesn't matter. My hunt pictures are on that site.

yama49
09-19-2017, 09:16 PM
I shot my first ram this year. I won't post it on HBC. I have seen way to much sheep bashing on this forum. The pictures and story are in the facebook sheep hunting group.

Exactly why there are no more threads, congrats on your sheep..

boxhitch
09-19-2017, 09:28 PM
yeah, imgur is sure a pain to use. It takes a whole one more click to use than the so much easier Faceslap
yupp, that one more selection, be it without changing to another page, just selecting a second choice on one page, sure makes it a chore
and that is the resizing step, which is optional. without, it is the same steps as FB
yeah, a real pain

twoSevenO
09-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Exactly why there are no more threads, congrats on your sheep..

Why have sheep been bashed on here? Was it people accusing hunters of shooting non full curl rams or was it something else?

yama49
09-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Why have sheep been bashed on here? Was it people accusing hunters of shooting non full curl rams or was it something else?

Everything from dink rams too young (but full curl so legal) just do a search if you want to read them all. Imo all threads get bashed because it doesn't suit someone else trophy image they like to open there mouth from there loveseat and ruin someone elses trophy.. So people say **** it why post.

hellojello74
09-20-2017, 07:00 AM
I agree. But the people who like to post up stories do. Some have moved on to other places though. Not that I want to steer traffic from here but where did they go? Other forums or just fb. Wouldn't other forums at least have the same pic problems?

I have always tried to figure out where some went as the stories were worth following. Some are getting paid and that is great And good on them bit not all.

boxhitch
09-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Everything from dink rams too young (but full curl so legal) just do a search if you want to read them all. Imo all threads get bashed because it doesn't suit someone else trophy image they like to open there mouth from there loveseat and ruin someone elses trophy.. So people say **** it why post.Likely always one hater in the crowd, but far more that like the good content
And if someone can't tolerate the few haters, that appear just about anywhere in life, well I feel sorry for them
Any and all hunters needs a skin

twoSevenO
09-20-2017, 10:04 AM
As a fisherman who also used to post (and at one time run) a fishing forum some people have simply moved on. It seems forums are a dying breed.

Things like Facebook and reddit are making it infinitely easier to share stories, upload images which are automatically resized and no annoying restrictions like max number of private messages etc.

Uploading pictures on reddit is a one-click process as the uploading is tied to imgur behind the scenes and can all be done very easily off mobile.

But, like I said, a lot of people have simply abandoned forums altogether. I know a lot of fishermen who just have no interest in the drama that comes with forums.

Fisher-Dude
09-20-2017, 10:21 AM
I'm still waiting for the first ever pic-filled story from the OP. :wink:

Krico
09-20-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm still waiting for the first ever pic-filled story from the OP. :wink:
Ha!
Threads such as the one about WSS closing get 18 pages of replies. Some new guy posts a neat video of his northern hunt and not even 2 pages of replies...tells you something about the crowd.

The site content is reflective of this trend sadly.

warnniklz
09-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Facebook is cool for pictures... but the stories just don't come out the way they should.

09-20-2017, 02:37 PM
this place has crashed a lot... and it isn't just pictures..... over the last couple three years there has been excessive fighting... a lot of chest pumpin and pretty near zero comrodery .... plus two major in fights,,,, allocation and BCWF
when I joined this place in 2009, in 2 days there would be 12 pages of new posts... now there is 2-3..... ever look at how much fighting goes on here? how many people sit up on high horses.... the last thread I posted here was years ago.
it was going to be spring to winter, I had a number of pics in it until someone decided it would be cool to post a poached elk in it with the comment... " this is all that happens there" or something like that... my thread went to 3 pages of elk poaching bashing.... sooooo.... screw it.... Tried to give a guy some shotgun advice..... but since I didn't duck hunt 24/7 I wasn't qualified I was told....

This place can be taken back but quite a number of people need to just give it a rest..

stan
09-20-2017, 04:01 PM
I like to browse the new posts 4 times per day while having a scat