PDA

View Full Version : Elk tenderloin

TrevorHartland
09-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Hey guys! Anybody got some info or websites for a good rub to put on Elk tenderloins?

Thinking maybe something a bit spicy?

whognu
09-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Hey guys! Anybody got some info or websites for a good rub to put on Elk tenderloins?

Thinking maybe something a bit spicy?

Elk Newby HELP (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?139575-Elk-Newby-HELP&p=1936422#post1936422)
Hey guys, I've got a bull Rosie coming up! Area 13a. No idea how I got this tag because it's my first time trying! Hunted a couple of times for grouse and once for deer. But never got to shoot...

I am liking the way your are thinking............

whognu

Weatherby Fan
09-18-2017, 12:28 PM
I use Montreal Steak spice on my deer steaks then cook on the BBQ.....mmmm awesome

IronNoggin
09-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Spicy Montreal Steak Spice (the new one) combined with Garlic Plus in a little melted butter - add a drop or two of either a good red wine or a quality red wine vinegar. Smother meat, BarBee - ENJOY! :-D

Cheers,
Nog

TrevorHartland
09-18-2017, 01:00 PM
That sounds great! Thanks

Travalanche
09-18-2017, 01:40 PM
I don't do anything except salt and pepper on loins personally. I go a little heavier on the pepper to give it a little kick. Like to keep as much as the natural flavor as possible on those cuts.

09-18-2017, 02:33 PM
elk tenderloin........ salt and pepper....

MichelD
09-18-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't do anything except salt and pepper on loins personally. I go a little heavier on the pepper to give it a little kick. Like to keep as much as the natural flavor as possible on those cuts.

Listen to Travalanche and 835. The tenderolins are the best part of an elk. They taste so good as-is don't ruin 'em up by over spicing.

russm
09-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Ive been marinating my deer in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, cracked pepper and ginger powder, let it sit and in the fridge for a day or 2 and turn it every once in a while, tastes really good if you don't over cook your meat.

Kill-da-wabbit
09-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Exactly, save the marinade for flank steak. Salt the loins, into the fridge for a night. The juices will pull from the meat and migrate back in. Save the pepper for near the end as it burns easily on a grill. Pop a bottle of whatever you enjoy and stuff your face!