PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

walks with deer
09-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Raincoast is hosting a party in van tomorow at patagonia..

All that can attend bring your bear jerky.

huntingfamily
09-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Awesome!!!

walks with deer
09-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Really nobody wants to join this party..
I have heard from jassimine how many edcucated outdoorsman are in raincoast..
So it should be perfectly acceptable to go to such a party with a duffel bag of jerky.

I shoot a bear every season and would gladly share the delicious treat of some bear nerky my mom makes.
Well dressed and good conversation i think it would be great if some of our well spoke represntitives where to attend..

I think the party starts at 730

Piperdown
09-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Man some of you lower mainlanders should get together and do this it is an awesome chance to prove a point :)

LYKTOHUNT
09-13-2017, 02:46 PM
See if any of the good folks at the party know a good source for some leg hold traps while you are there

walks with deer
09-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Come on we need a couple guys to go it would be great.

God rest Big Boars Sole he would have been all over such a opportunity by my understanding of his character.

come on somebody has to go.

Ourea
09-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Really nobody wants to join this party..
I have heard from jassimine how many edcucated outdoorsman are in raincoast..
So it should be perfectly acceptable to go to such a party with a duffel bag of jerky.

I shoot a bear every season and would gladly share the delicious treat of some bear nerky my mom makes.
Well dressed and good conversation i think it would be great if some of our well spoke represntitives where to attend..

I think the party starts at 730

And you know Jassmine will be there.......whoever she/he is.
Sure as shit not a hunter.

Wild one
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM
If it was closer I would be all for it

walks with deer
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM
You know there will be mention of grizzly bear victory...

Ourea
09-13-2017, 06:13 PM
You know there will be mention of grizzly bear victory...

Some of these extremists that oppose our sport are active members on this site.
Sad part is many are blind to this.

albravo2
09-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Some of these extremists that oppose our sport are active members on this site.
Sad part is many are blind to this.

Why is it so terrible that antis might be active members on this site? I don't see the point in trying to catch them out and identify them as antis. Their two cents doesn't change my participation one bit, not what I post nor what I read. I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say around a campfire with other hunters or at a cocktail party with a mixed group.

Is there some level of secrecy I'm supposed to observe because people that don't agree with me might be reading what I write? Or offering an opinion that I don't agree with?

Who cares? We certainly don't let them sow discontent amongst us-- we do that ourselves just fine.

REMINGTON JIM
09-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Yup not all deer & moose hunters are predator hunters and many think they should leave the Predators alone ! there opinions ! RJ

Wild one
09-13-2017, 06:57 PM
I don't worry about it if I cross paths with them here or in person

IslandWanderer
09-13-2017, 07:57 PM
It would be worth attending. Chat with folks who have different viewpoints; maybe change a mind, or have a few laughs, maybe meet a chick.

walks with deer
09-13-2017, 08:14 PM
I agree with island wanderer..i was saying be violent rude or uncanny.
I am very aware there is extreme activist on the site.
The biggest thing is some of us engage in argument with them that feeds them ammo.
Just saying it would be interesting to attend. See perspective.
Maybe talk a extremly hot activist back to a man cave and get her on a grizz rug.
I agree sith them in the sense leaving a whole bear carcass in a high tourismn area is wrong and has fed a lot of ammo.
A gut pile can typicaly not be avoided with a creature of that calibre...but the whole naked body might offend me.

jassmine
09-14-2017, 12:16 PM
And you know Jassmine will be there.......whoever she/he is.
Sure as shit not a hunter.

And I am sure that you are now ready to present evidence on this fact now? Seems to be on your mind an awful lot?
You asked me a question, and I answered.

Flat out question - are you in full support of hunting all species as acceptable both scientifically and socially?
This is a simple yes or no.....

I support hunting and always have, I have never said otherwise. When conservation management science supports hunting there is no reason to not support hunting.

But then when I asked you to answer my question you tucked your tail between your legs and ran off.

And Ace ....question answered to my satisfaction.....not even close!!!

Because you simply like to lob accusations at someone and refuse to stand behind your own statements with any shred of proof.
So again I ask you, show me where I've made a statement or post that would support the anti hunting agenda?
Please show us, I'm sure we'd all love to see it.
But I know you will never do it, and make up some excuse or go on some rant, because there is no proof to back up your statement.
Just you demanding that only your questions be answered but running to hide any time I ask you anything or ask you to provide proof.

Show me the evidence of where I ever said or defended science as not supporting hunting. You have continuously failed to do so because it doesn't exist.

Salty, if an individual endlessly debates topics that lean to science not supporting hunting as part of the model.

So do you have the proof now? It's been a few weeks, I know your not the "quickest" but that should have been more than enough time to find the evidence supporting your statement that I am not a hunter.
So please let's see and take your own advice : )

Just answer questions when asked.

jassmine
09-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Also the party was attended by colleagues in my department.
It was regarding salmon conservation, so most of the Earth 2 Oceans research group attended, since there was beer, food and music!

walks with deer
For my post i intended. I wasnt saying be violent..

Lol autl correct and fat fingers..i was saying it would have been interesting.

Ourea
Thats the beauty of the internet.....you can pretend do be anything you want and never have to prove it. When i see field pics of you on hunts and with your harvests my opinion may sway.

jassmine
09-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Thats the beauty of the internet.....you can pretend do be anything you want and never have to prove it. When i see field pics of you on hunts and with your harvests my opinion may sway.

Great way to dodge the question and avoid having to provide any element of truth in your statement to allow you to continue talking out of your butt.
You are the one making statements and accusations about me, so the onus is on you to back them up. I'm not saying I'm the world's foremost anything.
You can't even justify with any actual real evidence of why you believe it is so either.

Good job!
But no proof or substance as usual. Just random accusations thrown onto a forum to demean or belittle me for little to no reason.
I don't care about your opinion sadly.

IslandWanderer
09-14-2017, 01:16 PM
And I am sure that you are now ready to present evidence on this fact now? Seems to be on your mind an awful lot?
You asked me a question, and I answered.

But then when I asked you to answer my question you tucked your tail between your legs and ran off.

Because you simply like to lob accusations at someone and refuse to stand behind your own statements with any shred of proof.
So again I ask you, show me where I've made a statement or post that would support the anti hunting agenda?
Please show us, I'm sure we'd all love to see it.
But I know you will never do it, and make up some excuse or go on some rant, because there is no proof to back up your statement.
Just you demanding that only your questions be answered but running to hide any time I ask you anything or ask you to provide proof.

So do you have the proof now? It's been a few weeks, I know your not the "quickest" but that should have been more than enough time to find the evidence supporting your statement that I am not a hunter.

Be honest, how many cats do you own? I must say even I'm starting to find your posts to be annoying...and that's saying something.

RiverOtter
09-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Give it a rest jassmine. I asked you point blank about a year ago to post up a picture of your hunting rifle and give us a few details about it, as you claim to be a hunter. I very specifically stated the picture had to be current with something to validate date(ie. Newspaper) and did not have to reveal your identity in any form. I even posted a picture of one of mine with a brief description to give you a guideline.

After a long pause, you hung a picture of discount box of 270 ammo on a WSS paper, likely the nearest thing to the counter when they turned you down on handling there rifles without a PAL....Hahaha

RiverOtter
09-14-2017, 04:15 PM
It's your drama princess, pretend it however you wish.....

Ourea
09-14-2017, 05:47 PM

Sorry I am not the "quickest" by your academic standards.
Call me stupid in your eyes I guess......

Just an FYI, I was a managing partner of an extremely successful national sporting goods company.
My duties included sales and marketing, over seas sourcing, private label and licensing, vendor relations (some were publicly held suppliers) inventory control and purchasing.
I cashed out in my forties, sold my investment properties and have been laying boot tracks in the hills ever since.
Not bad for a guy that is not the "quickest" by academic standards.

Jass, the academic community has a big fancy word to describe women that unknowingly have the propensity to annoy and agitate most people if given a chance.
They call it........ "SINGLE"

Ourea
09-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Be honest, how many cats do you own? I must say even I'm starting to find your posts to be annoying...and that's saying something.

Arguably one of the funniest posts I've read on here......well played sir, well played.

jassmine
09-14-2017, 09:24 PM
I must say even I'm starting to find your posts to be annoying...and that's saying something.

Well then you certainly shouldn't stand for other members denigrating a member out of nowhere, especially in a topic where she hadn't even posted, especially when it has nothing to do with the topic at all. That would fix the problem.

jassmine
09-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Give it a rest jassmine. I asked you point blank about a year ago to post up a picture of your hunting rifle and give us a few details about it, as you claim to be a hunter. I very specifically stated the picture had to be current with something to validate date(ie. Newspaper) and did not have to reveal your identity in any form. I even posted a picture of one of mine with a brief description to give you a guideline.

After a long pause, you hung a picture of discount box of 270 ammo on a WSS paper, likely the nearest thing to the counter when they turned you down on handling there rifles without a PAL....Hahaha

Here you go before you cry anymore.
Luckily I'm packing up for the weekend.

https://s26.postimg.org/h6regxzex/IMG_20170914_210305.jpg

f350ps
09-14-2017, 11:45 PM
Sorry I am not the "quickest" by your academic standards.
Call me stupid in your eyes I guess......

Just an FYI, I was a managing partner of an extremely successful national sporting goods company.
My duties included sales and marketing, over seas sourcing, private label and licensing, vendor relations (some were publicly held suppliers) inventory control and purchasing.
I cashed out in my forties, sold my investment properties and have been laying boot tracks in the hills ever since.
Not bad for a guy that is not the "quickest" by academic standards.

Jass, the academic community has a big fancy word to describe women that unknowingly have the propensity to annoy and agitate most people if given a chance.
They call it........ "SINGLE"

Wow, between you and IW you're looking pretty desperate here, this girl has answered every question you guys have asked then when prodded to answer hers you've turned to childish shit, grow a set for fack sakes! I've actually enjoyed her posts for the most part, the majority are very factual, the others are defending her position which she really shouldn't have to if you have the ability to read or can focus long enough to understand what the articles she posts are actually saying! Don't let a few discourage you Jazzy, some of us are listening AND learning! K

RiverOtter
09-15-2017, 05:05 AM
So, how many cats do you own f350? :p

RiverOtter
09-15-2017, 05:11 AM
Congrats on the picture there Jassmine, but a whole year later??
Out of curiosity though, maybe tell us a bit about what you have pictured there, makes, models, calibers and scope etc.

Sure hope that doesn't take another year. LOL.

Ourea
09-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Why is it so terrible that antis might be active members on this site? I don't see the point in trying to catch them out and identify them as antis. Their two cents doesn't change my participation one bit, not what I post nor what I read. I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say around a campfire with other hunters or at a cocktail party with a mixed group.

Is there some level of secrecy I'm supposed to observe because people that don't agree with me might be reading what I write? Or offering an opinion that I don't agree with?

Who cares? We certainly don't let them sow discontent amongst us-- we do that ourselves just fine.

https://t.co/oyv8GbCIuj

There are members of Raincoast on HBC who are merely posing as hunters to extract info, learn about our culture, with an agenda.
Their mind is made up.....they are merely baiting and engaging in support of that agenda.
They will pick and chose from the data they extract from hunters, on this site, what is convenient will be documented, what isn't will be flushed.
They will have it peer reviewed and push that forward to influence Gov on slowly handicapping hunting in general.

In their minds hunting is a "fragile social license".

From the attached article.....
"And other hunters interested in safeguarding a fragile social license afforded to hunting these days would benefit from speaking up. Their voices can join those presenting arguments from the perspective of ecology, economics, ethics and Indigenous law."

Get your head out of your ass people.
Some of you are only sharpening their knife.

If you read the article it is plain to see that there are "members" here who's only engagement and focus on this site is solely on this very topic.
Meanwhile they are only building ammunition to chip away at a lifestyle, a means to feed our families, and a healthy sport we are so passionate about.
Wake up.

https://www.raincoast.org/wp-content/themes/raincoast/images/raincoast-logo-2014.jpg (https://www.raincoast.org/)

Home (https://www.raincoast.org/) // What's new (http://www.raincoast.org/news/) // For the coast (https://www.raincoast.org/category/for-the-coast/) //
New research gives insight into the minds of hunters

Sense of “achievement” is particularly dominant when hunters target carnivores.
Published on 2017 · 09 · 05 by Chris Darimont
https://www.raincoast.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/darimont-trophy-hunt-aes.jpgPhoto by Alena Ebeling-Schuld (https://www.alenaesphotography.com/).
Researchers from the Raincoast Conservation Foundation and the University of Victoria have shed new light on what satisfies hunters. Reporting in the peer-reviewed journal Wildlife Society Bulletin, our former Honours student, Alena Ebeling-Schuld, led our research, which found that appreciation (of nature) and affiliation (bonding experiences with friends and family) are common but less pronounced ‘satisfactions’ expressed by hunters. The dominant satisfaction expressed in online hunting stories is achievement.
We found that this pattern is especially strong when carnivores, like wolves, cougars or grizzly bears, are targeted (https://www.raincoast.org/2017/08/research-online-hunting-forums-identify-achievement-as-prominent-among-multiple-satisfactions/).
86% percent of carnivore hunting stories (compared with 81% of ungulate hunting stories) emphasized achievement as a dominant theme. When carnivores were targeted, appreciation satisfaction was the focus in only 3% of stories.
Most notably, almost half of carnivore stories had only one satisfaction present, 100% of which exhibited only achievement satisfaction.
Alena Ebeling-Schuld, now a practicing Conservation Geographer and professional photographer, states, “If these patterns expressed on hunting forums are representative of hunters on a broader scale, then there are clear differences between satisfactions associated with ungulate and carnivore hunts.”
On the other side of the ledger, carnivores suffer and pay the ultimate cost. Tweet This! (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=On%20the%20other%20side%20of%20the%20le dger%2C%20carnivores%20suffer%20and%20pay%20the%20 ultimate%20cost.&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.raincoast.org%2F2017%2F09%2F new-research-gives-insight-into-the-minds-of-hunters%2F&hashtags=HelloBC&via=Raincoast)
The greater level of difficulty associated with carnivore hunting might be key to understanding why achievement is more important than other satisfactions. These findings align with evolutionary theory I examined and applied with Evolutionary Anthropologists from the University of Utah last year in the paper “Why men trophy hunt (https://www.raincoast.org/2017/03/hunting-for-status-men-trophy-hunt-as-a-signal-they-can-absorb-the-costs/)”.
Seeking achievement evolved because successful hunts in our ancestral past – and nowadays – display qualities of interest to competitors and mates, like skill or wealth. Simply put, accomplishments bring status, which remains an all-important currency for men.
You can support our research and protect the coast by becoming a donor.
Donate now (https://goo.gl/WmKLl3)

Although there are clear wildlife management implications, I tend to think more about the more direct and practical ways that this information can be useful – today and in BC. By understanding a hunter’s satisfactions and motivations, we can ask bigger questions about our relationships with wildlife. Is a hunter’s feeling of achievement more important than, say, the life of a grizzly bear?
The reality is that hunters do not typically target grizzlies or other carnivores to feed their families. It is more about feeding their egos with the sense of achievement. We find ourselves in a moment of history when we are re-assessing our cultural and moral relationships to nature. These new results allows us to account for the benefits and costs that flow to those involved in hunting. Carnivore hunters benefit from a sense of achievement but not via not some basic need like food. On the other side of the ledger, carnivores suffer and pay the ultimate cost – with their lives.
To me, the path forward in BC is clear. Polling data have indicated that even hunters and those in rural areas, while supporting the privilege to hunt for food, are opposed to killing carnivores for trophy. A ‘fringe’ minority of hunters can no longer defend gratuitous killing of carnivores.
And other hunters interested in safeguarding a fragile social license afforded to hunting these days would benefit from speaking up. Their voices can join those presenting arguments from the perspective of ecology, economics, ethics and Indigenous law.
https://www.raincoast.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/darimont-profile-500x500.jpg
Chris Darimont, PhD

Chris Darimont is the director of science at Raincoast, and the lead scientist at the Applied Conservation Science Lab at UVic. His work is in biology, evolution and ecology. You can find him on the coast, and sometimes in the waves, somewhere between San Diego and Haida Gwaii.

09-16-2017, 12:40 AM
Well said Ourea ........ Pure trolls, time for EVERYONE to realize who these folks are and their agenda.....

jasmine ....or who ever you really are.... Prove your worth of being a true resident BC Hunter. And with that in support of full on BC wildlife sound management which includes predators G Bear, Wolf, Cougar, B bear plus more ..... If you really cared about all wildlife, you would quit hiding . Let's see your true colours, ...... For now your nothing but a Raincoast troll hell bent to throw us all under the bus. Starting with the G Bear hunt.

IMO ....... The evidence is full on.Troll.

CT

kbob
09-16-2017, 06:32 AM
IMO ....... The evidence is full on.Troll.

What evidence is that?
In what topic or what post have I ever trolled the OP.
I would be more worried about Ourea. Of anyone here he has posted the most information regarding Raincoast. Double agent perhaps??

Squamch
09-16-2017, 07:31 AM
What evidence is that?
I would be more worried about Ourea. Of anyone here he has posted the most information regarding Raincoast. Double agent perhaps??

Whoops. Looks like you posted from the wrong account.

campking
09-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Whoops. Looks like you posted from the wrong account.
Yes whats up with that?

IslandWanderer
09-16-2017, 08:34 AM
What evidence is that?

Huh? Why would you think someone was referring to you as a troll kbob?

boxhitch
09-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Researchers from the Raincoast Conservation Foundation and the University of Victoria have shed new light on what satisfies hunters. Reporting in the peer-reviewed journal Wildlife Society Bulletin, our former Honours student, Alena Ebeling-Schuld, led our research, which found that appreciation (of nature) and affiliation (bonding experiences with friends and family) are common but less pronounced ‘satisfactions’ expressed by hunters. The dominant satisfaction expressed in online hunting stories is achievement.Selective comprehension at its finest. Posters don't often take the time to expound on all the emotions or rational of a hunt, , but the ilk of Raincoast would spin it the way they want however it is presented

REMINGTON JIM
09-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Doc Weaver and Jassmine hunt together ! :lol: RJ

RiverOtter
09-16-2017, 10:07 AM
What evidence is that?
I've seen some dandy faux pas on hunting sites over the years, but the only one that might top this was a guy who accidentally posted his PM to another member in the open forum.

Ourea
09-16-2017, 10:41 AM
What evidence is that?

Ok, this is as funny as it is ridiculous. Double agent LMAO.
You have spent zero time on HBC to make a comment like that.
kbob, it appears you have accidentally pulled your pants down.......and with it, your credibility.

Bugle M In
09-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Firstly, when it comes to talking about Ourea, he has proved himself and who he is....he is a true Sportman, and enjoys
hunting the outdoors....so kbob, bad move (comment) in regards to who he is......not cool and quite honestly,
a real stupid comment...

As for Jassmine, I am on the fence about who she/he is.
I understand that not all hunters share the opinions, and honestly, when it comes to Gbear, some hunters do differ
in opinion.
Me, I have never hunted Grizzly, and never thought that just taking skull and hide, and leaving everything else was
a cool move.
If I had hunted Gbear, it feel it is my duty to pack out everything that I can.
Even if my efforts were because I wanted to manage Preds, I still feel the obligation to pack out.
I would like to have a Gbear tag to control some of those bears that have just learned that hanging game is a free meal,
or that a gunshot is a "dinner bell"
Problem is, no LEH for where I hunt in the fall....but there should be a few handed out....IMO.

Jassmine, at this point, if you really are a hunter, but are one of those that thinks Gbear should be left alone....then state that.
As for being pegged a "troll", I don't think that reputation is going to stop at this point.
Your best option is to post pics of you with some game "in hand".
Block your face if your worried, but they sure better be of you.
Anyways, I don't follow every post on every thread of this forum, but I have seen who is legit...
It is harder to determine if one is not...but your making a good case for some to classify you as a Troll.
I am going to leave it at that, and let others figure it out, unless you can prove them wrong.

What I do know is this...if I was called out as a troll, I sure as heck would be doing everything in my power to prove
that I am not.
Cant say Jassmine if you have really put forth that much effort.
Rifles on a bed isn't telling me much.
A history of pics over a lengthy timeline would be my approach, and they would be pics of me out there "Hunting".

f350ps
09-16-2017, 12:46 PM
^^^Well said and pretty much the way I feel about her or he or whoever this is. What I find puzzling is the amount of hate towards this person, she gets a few here frothing at the mouth yet she or he replies for the most part respectfully! Quite frankly I could care less what anti group she belongs to if that is in fact true but the way some people respond to her doesn't help our cause. And for what it's worth, I've got one cat! :) K

RiverOtter
09-16-2017, 01:19 PM
The pictures 'she' does post actually say alot.

The average(non-hunting) person might look at 3 guns laying on a bed and consider that "packing up" to head out for the weekend. And it 'might' just be, but not very likely.

As a hunter, packing up for the weekend, rarely(never) involves packing every gun you own. LOL.
If you're going deer/elk/moose hunting, your gonna bring your hunting rifle and maybe a 22 for midday grouse. A trip to the range may very well include several firearms, but I can't think of anyone heading to the range for a weekend, unless there's a shoot. Any lower mainland shoots this weekend? How about a shoot that includes rifle, shotgun and rimfire?

And....'Her' last activity here was 12:17 am today, at least under 'her' jassmine account LOL, so you know 'she's' been back to this thread. Must have been all restless waiting for first light and the morning hunt for deer, grouse and geese....Hahaha

RiverOtter
09-16-2017, 01:30 PM
f350ps: I doubt anyone here "hates" jassmine, but there's definitely a few here that have seen through 'her' phony act and are calling 'her' on it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how eloquently you type or copy/paste, if you're sole objective is to negatively impact our heritage in any way, under the guise of being 'one of us', than you deserve what you get. IMHO.

Ourea
09-16-2017, 01:44 PM
There is not an established or networked member that will vouch for her/HIM as legit.
Virtually every HBC member has contacts on this site that they have hunted with.
Big zero on Jassmine's ledger there.

Another thing that stood out is her online name "Jasmine" WTF?
Virtually everyone on here has a tag name that is associated with hunting, the outdoors, or firearms and such.
Jassmine.......seriously.

TOP DEFINITION

Jassmine (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jassmine)
The most unique, beautiful (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beautiful) and funny person alive. Always laughing, having fun, putting friends (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friends) before others and very adventurous. Is a bit Romantically challenged but accepts things for the way things are. Open minded and a free thinker. Marches to the beat (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beat) of her own drum and doesn't let anyone's words affect the way she feels.

I see a person with a deep rooted agenda that has created an online personality as a woman.....who is bubbly and innocent, who is new to hunting.
People are reluctant to be aggressive with such a personality.
Members will be more tolerant, some are silly enough to be even flirtatious.
This is by design.
Wolf in sheep's clothing.
Head out of your ass people.

If any of those members from Raincoast, that are obviously lurking on this site, just stood tall and said, "this is who I am and I want to engage you in support of my values and beliefs", I would have utmost respect for them regardless of the outcome.

In life I don't need to like anyone as my governing factor to engage, do business or activities with. I simply need to respect them.
From the minute Jassmine exploded on this site I smelled something fishy.

kbob's embarrassing earlier post on this thread pretty much proves there are moles on HBC with various aliases.

Bugle M In
09-16-2017, 01:59 PM
Irony is, if yu post on one of those Anti Sites, and even you comment respectfully and your of the stance that you disagree
with what they are saying...they will just remove it from there forum!!
All they want to show is there point, and anybody that supports them...but no posting is kept if you disagree or post otherwise....
In other words...they don't how to "stand up properly".
Funny how we allow them here...and allow their point of view....hypocritical hippies!

Whonnock Boy
09-16-2017, 02:16 PM
Isn't this interesting as it all falls together with a guess I made sometime ago as to her real identity. Don't worry "jassmine", the "skye" isn't falling. That said, using two accounts doesn't really look favorably on you and your accused agenda. Tsk... tsk... tsk...

Hey everyone,
Needed to move from the country to Vancouver to continue with my career.
As such it seems that I'm stuck a few hours away from good hunting in either direction. Share a vehicle with the rest of the household, so can only occasionally be the pilot.
Do not mind co-piloting and contributing to costs. Game for nearly every type of hunting (waterfowling, rifle, or bow). Have a really neat inflatable kayak that is stable to hit some harder to access areas. Early 30s, First Nations, biologist (nothing with game species sadly), ready to hit any type of terrain.
So if anyone is needing someone to help cover some costs drop me a line.

Whonnock Boy
09-16-2017, 02:19 PM
That's not entirely true. I've been on Raincoasts, and Pacific Wild's facebook pages for some time, and have made numerous comments that do not support their views. BigshotsBC kicks people off more readily than they do for the reasons you have stated. :lol:

Irony is, if yu post on one of those Anti Sites, and even you comment respectfully and your of the stance that you disagree
with what they are saying...they will just remove it from there forum!!
All they want to show is there point, and anybody that supports them...but no posting is kept if you disagree or post otherwise....
In other words...they don't how to "stand up properly".
Funny how we allow them here...and allow their point of view....hypocritical hippies!

Bugle M In
09-16-2017, 02:29 PM
That's not entirely true. I've been on Raincoasts, and Pacific Wild's facebook pages for some time, and have made numerous comments that do not support their views. BigshotsBC kicks people off more readily than they do for the reasons you have stated. :lol:

Well, I posted on one of those Anti Wolf Cull sites, and it was gone inside 12 hours!
And I was polite and gave reasons etc.
I don't waste much time on Anti's Sites...but that was my experience with one of them.
I just stick with what I like in my life.
Thus my rants lately about us hunters all getting on the same page, because we are going to need to, as
hunting is looking more and more like it is on the chopping block, and we need to start pushing back....somehow.
I do agree however, that we need to start weeding out some of the posters who are not who they say they are.
Don't have to kick them off, but atleast we should know there true stance is all.
This is a forum for hunting/fishing, and to support each other with help/discussion/info.
Not to have Antis on here causing disruption....IMO.

Ourea
09-16-2017, 02:34 PM
^^^Well said and pretty much the way I feel about her or he or whoever this is. What I find puzzling is the amount of hate towards this person, she gets a few here frothing at the mouth yet she or he replies for the most part respectfully! Quite frankly I could care less what anti group she belongs to if that is in fact true but the way some people respond to her doesn't help our cause. And for what it's worth, I've got one cat! :) K

f350ps, my moral compass points true north...we have a mutual associate that would certainly vouch for that.
As stated, I respect those that stand up for themselves and their beliefs.
To deceive and manipulate behind a false identity, to use/play others for their political cause......as low as it gets.
I have zero tolerance for enemies within, regardless of where it happens.

I make no apologies for my moma bear attitude for standing up when it comes to anyone or organization that is willing to go this low to get what they want.

Bigger picture.......
If organizations are willing to "mine" in our back yard to selectively pick information, to undermine our heritage, under false pretense..........how skewed is their "science" going to be that they will run up the flagpole, in support of their agenda?
Think about that.

Whonnock Boy
09-16-2017, 02:37 PM
If you're talking the Wildlife Defense League, ya.... I didn't last very long either. I hear what you're saying as well. I see that there are some good things happening, and I'm encouraged in regards to the "push back".
Well, I posted on one of those Anti Wolf Cull sites, and it was gone inside 12 hours!
And I was polite and gave reasons etc.
I don't waste much time on Anti's Sites...but that was my experience with one of them.
I just stick with what I like in my life.
Thus my rants lately about us hunters all getting on the same page, because we are going to need to, as
hunting is looking more and more like it is on the chopping block, and we need to start pushing back....somehow.
I do agree however, that we need to start weeding out some of the posters who are not who they say they are.
Don't have to kick them off, but atleast we should know there true stance is all.
This is a forum for hunting/fishing, and to support each other with help/discussion/info.
Not to have Antis on here causing disruption....IMO.

09-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Well it might appear the weasel has been chased out if the hen house...... I wonder what he/she comes back as....... Time will tell. Hey Jay, how about posting some if them family water fowl pics from years gone buy.

Ourea
09-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Undeniable that kbob is jassmine......and probalby has a few other accounts.
How low are those associated with Raincoast willing to go.
Shameful.
As a result I have zero respect for the organization nor anyone associated with it.

REMINGTON JIM
09-17-2017, 03:54 PM
f350ps: I doubt anyone here "hates" jassmine, but there's definitely a few here that have seen through 'her' phony act and are calling 'her' on it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how eloquently you type or copy/paste, if you're sole objective is to negatively impact our heritage in any way, under the guise of being 'one of us', than you deserve what you get. IMHO.

Perfect other Example is Doc Weaver ! Friggin SKUMBAG green peacer :frown: RJ

RiverOtter
09-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Kbob apparently hasn't touched base with his alter ego jassmine, as he's been fishing in the Waterfowl forum today. Or, maybe he simply forgot to remember which handle he was posting under today. LOL.

f350ps
09-17-2017, 06:20 PM
f350ps, my moral compass points true north...we have a mutual associate that would certainly vouch for that.
As stated, I respect those that stand up for themselves and their beliefs.
To deceive and manipulate behind a false identity, to use/play others for their political cause......as low as it gets.
I have zero tolerance for enemies within, regardless of where it happens.

I make no apologies for my moma bear attitude for standing up when it comes to anyone or organization that is willing to go this low to get what they want.

Bigger picture.......
If organizations are willing to "mine" in our back yard to selectively pick information, to undermine our heritage, under false pretense..........how skewed is their "science" going to be that they will run up the flagpole, in support of their agenda?
Think about that.
Point taken Oreo, my point is that I'm not ashamed of what I do or what I believe in and I sure as hell ain't gonna let them get under my skin! I've come to a point in my life where I could give a rats ass what these people think but at the same time I surely don't want to lose our heritage and will fight like hell to make sure we keep it! That said, I still stand by my point that Jazzy has posted a ton of scientific journals that support our lifestyle and a lot of these are quite informative. I think what bothers me the most is the way some members respond to her posts, instead of being disrespectful just put her on Ignore, if everyone did this she'd be talking to herself!:) I've got a few ideas who she and her alter ego is, I'm gonna guess she is Skye A and kbob is Kyle A, I won't post their full names as any anti searching for them will be directed here! K

f350ps
09-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Sorry Ourea, auto correct just can't do your name! :) K

finaddict
09-17-2017, 10:21 PM
https://www.alenaesphotography.com/conservation-research

Jus sayin...........

scoutlt1
09-17-2017, 10:43 PM

Jus sayin...........

I think I just tasted some puke in my mouth............

Bugle M In
09-17-2017, 11:27 PM

Jus sayin...........

WOW!!!

So now hunting or should I say (implement conservation), should be based on "words and phrases"...!!!!
Oh, now wouldn't that be laughed out any scientific journal...any real one anyways.
Where are the words to examine when hunters speak of "funding" and "habitat restoration"....there not...
Don't get me wrong, those words exists on this forum, but not in the so called "research paper".
No surprise, those words don't exist in any Anti sites.
No, they don't want to spend a penny to do that....let alone lift a finger to even help in those projects.
Downright ridiculous....
What is this, something out of the American anti terrorist page.....following the world wide web, keying in on a "word"!!??
Using a word, as research, to somehow "manage wildlife"....insane...absolutely nuts...
Is that what modern day education buys these days??
Must have been a "glue sniffer" in the past!

Ourea
09-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Point taken Oreo, my point is that I'm not ashamed of what I do or what I believe in and I sure as hell ain't gonna let them get under my skin! I've come to a point in my life where I could give a rats ass what these people think but at the same time I surely don't want to lose our heritage and will fight like hell to make sure we keep it! That said, I still stand by my point that Jazzy has posted a ton of scientific journals that support our lifestyle and a lot of these are quite informative. I think what bothers me the most is the way some members respond to her posts, instead of being disrespectful just put her on Ignore, if everyone did this she'd be talking to herself!:) I've got a few ideas who she and her alter ego is, I'm gonna guess she is Skye A and kbob is Kyle A, I won't post their full names as any anti searching for them will be directed here! K

I would say you are very warm!

Reality check....... these people out and out deceived us as to who they are and their objectives.
In plain words, they lied when pressed.
None of these POS were willing to put their name behind anything.

Think about this......antihunters created a peer reviewed document on hunters BY TROLLING ON HBC and will call it science based.
F*ck Them!

I have shared numerous hunting experiences with HBC. Most of which received 10's of thousands of views yet these clowns accuse me of being a double agent......didn't know who I was. I call BS with this group, that they reviewed hunting stories on HBC in support of their document on hunters.
THEY ARE MANUFACTURING SOCIAL SCIENCE.

f350ps I understand you are a good person.
You are being far too kind in this scenario.
These academics should hang their head in shame.

Hope you reading this Jassmine.

All we have done is fuel their pseudoscience (https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enCA758CA758&q=pseudoscience&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_u-a3ia_WAhVU3mMKHZ4iBc4QvwUIJSgA).

Ourea
09-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Just spoke with a colleague that is a highly respected grizzly bear field researcher about this Kyle Artelle, bio from Raincoast.

His words....
"Kyle is considered a Cull. Emotional data massaging operating under the guise of science. Could just be the research group he's in to.
But to date he's been a total bleeding heart pumping out agenda based science".

These words coming from people in his field!!
He has little peer respect yet is "selling" his science for his emotional based cause.
What a clown.

Go get em jassmine, your a shining star of a biologist.
Now piss off this site and choke on the BS papers you pen.

Bugle M In
09-18-2017, 09:22 AM
Well, I know I can take some blame here as well on a past thread in regards to Jassmine.
I thought she was a valid outdoorsman from other posts, and just thought she was being "misinterpreted".
Now that I see what happening/happened, I feel a little "duped" for standing up for her/him.
So, my apologies as well for not seeing it sooner and for what it "really was".
Can't believe the level Anti's will stoop to any longer.
Comments like, "you should have been killed" or removing "logical discussion/debate" from any of their sites if those
comments don't represent "their stance".
Live and learn....

Ourea
09-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Well, I know I can take some blame here as well on a past thread in regards to Jassmine.
I thought she was a valid outdoorsman from other posts, and just thought she was being "misinterpreted".
Now that I see what happening/happened, I feel a little "duped" for standing up for her/him.
So, my apologies as well for not seeing it sooner and for what it "really was".
Can't believe the level Anti's will stoop to any longer.
Comments like, "you should have been killed" or removing "logical discussion/debate" from any of their sites if those
comments don't represent "their stance".
Live and learn....

I have learned how to read people from my years in business at a national level. I pick up on BS pretty quick.
Something wasn't right from the get go with Jassmine.
Surprised others didn't pick up on it sooner(no disrespect to you Bugle M In)

Clowns like Jassmine disgust me.
They believe their moral agenda is justified, others that don't support it are wrong, they know better.
They lie, manipulate and deceive in support of their EMOTIONALLY DRIVEN CAUSE.
THEY MANUFACTURE SCIENCE TO UNDERMINE OTHERS BELIEFS AND RIGHTS.

I am disgusted by this, goes 100% against my value system as a person.

bearvalley
09-18-2017, 09:53 AM
They lie, manipulate and deceive in support of their EMOTIONALLY DRIVEN CAUSE.
THEY MANUFACTURE SCIENCE TO UNDERMINE OTHERS BELIEFS AND RIGHTS.

I am disgusted by this, goes 100% against my value system as a person.

You missed something Ourea, the manufactured science fuels an emotionally driven cause that financially supports the creators of such garbage.
Suzuki, Artelle, Darimont, Paquet and other like minded individuals are really nothing more than wildlife pimps.

Ourea
09-18-2017, 09:58 AM
You missed something Ourea, the manufactured science fuels an emotionally driven cause that financially supports the creators of such garbage.
Suzuki, Artelle, Darimont, Paquet and other like minded individuals are really nothing more than wildlife pimps.

I am aware, agree 100 percent and duly noted.

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 10:22 AM
I am aware, agree 100 percent and duly noted.

There's plenty of poor behaviour exhibited here on HBC, and I have seen very few people call it out. Even Gatehouse didn't say anything when it was brought to his attention. We, as a group, aren't much better than them.

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 10:25 AM
FYI: I thought something was up with her as soon as she took issue with me seemingly in an attempt to gain favour with others on here.

Ourea
09-18-2017, 11:03 AM
There's plenty of poor behaviour exhibited here on HBC, and I have seen very few people call it out. Even Gatehouse didn't say anything when it was brought to his attention. We, as a group, aren't much better than them.

Welcome to the online community......just like family, it can be disfunctional at best.
IslandWanderer, you come across as a pretty bright individual.
My point being, they tried to f*ck with/use the hunting community (our family), under false pretense...... to create and sell it as a peer reviewed document based on science.
We all know, no one f*cks with family.

More need to stand up

bearvalley
09-18-2017, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the online community......just like family, it can be disfunctional at best.
My point being, they tried to f*ck with/use the hunting community (our family), under false pretense...... to create and sell it as a peer reviewed document based on science.

More need to stand up

Ourea, I doubt that they are the only ones out to f*ck with family.
As fractured and vulnerable as the hunting community has become it's getting damn tough to know who's friends and who are foe.

Travalanche
09-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Too bad, I was gonna ask her out on a date. Be one of those, go out looking for a 10, settle for a 5 and wake up with a dude scenarios. Fool me three times....no more crying in the shower brushing my teeth for this guy.
My dreams have been crushed.

Ourea
09-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Too bad, I was gonna ask her out on a date. Be one of those, go out looking for a 10, settle for a 5 and wake up with a dude scenarios. Fool me three times....no more crying in the shower brushing my teeth for this guy.
My dreams have been crushed.

Ok, that is some funny shit right there.
Cheers.

RiverOtter
09-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Almost as funny as jassmine's activity on HBC today, yet not a peep on this thread in his defence...

finaddict
09-18-2017, 12:35 PM
More things for you to ponder from Alena's websites:

https://alenaesphotography.tumblr.com/

https://vimeo.com/alenaes

https://www.raincoast.org/2017/08/research-online-hunting-forums-identify-achievement-as-prominent-among-multiple-satisfactions/

https://www.raincoast.org/2017/09/new-research-gives-insight-into-the-minds-of-hunters/

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 01:06 PM

More need to stand up

You make a good point. Bad behaviour is one issue, but deception is worse. I'm still open to hearing an explanation from kbob if one's offered, as I too have been accused of being an 'anti'. However, after perusing the article it would have to be a really good explanation.

bandit
09-18-2017, 02:29 PM
More things for you to ponder from Alena's websites:

https://alenaesphotography.tumblr.com/

https://vimeo.com/alenaes

https://www.raincoast.org/2017/08/research-online-hunting-forums-identify-achievement-as-prominent-among-multiple-satisfactions/

https://www.raincoast.org/2017/09/new-research-gives-insight-into-the-minds-of-hunters/

Interesting that this managed to pass an ethics committee. When I did my masters at UBC the committee regularly held people's research up by 6 months on totally irrelevant minutiae. It's surprising that they would allow the data mining of an online forum without the consent or knowledge of the users or the administrators.

Im also amazed it passed peer review. In an anonymous male dominated online community, who doesn't exaggerate stories and try to be a bit macho.

I'll try to find the contact details of the UVic ethics committee and see what they have to say.

Ourea
09-18-2017, 02:33 PM
You make a good point. Bad behaviour is one issue, but deception is worse. I'm still open to hearing an explanation from kbob if one's offered, as I too have been accused of being an 'anti'. However, after perusing the article it would have to be a really good explanation.

Pretty tough to explain away a person taking offence for being called out, defending themself, if they were not the party in question. Why/how can anyone be confused about who they are?

Look forward to their BS rational.

IronNoggin
09-18-2017, 03:11 PM
... I'll try to find the contact details of the UVic ethics committee and see what they have to say.

My thoughts as well.
I will be very interested in hearing anything you may find out from them...

Thanks btw!
Nog

Ourea
09-18-2017, 03:28 PM
My thoughts as well.
I will be very interested in hearing anything you may find out from them...

Thanks btw!
Nog

I have feelers out......
All coming back as to who they are and that they are present on HBC.

Ironic part is they have little respect from their academic peers.
House of cards is coming down.

Bugle M In
09-18-2017, 03:58 PM
I have feelers out......
All coming back as to who they are and that they are present on HBC.

Ironic part is they have little respect from their academic peers.
House of cards is coming down.

From sounds of things, it looks like we need a good old fashion house cleaning....figure out who is who...or what
their real intentions are..
Like you said, this is a "family community", and there is a lot more to this forum then just posting up "hunting success
pics"....and success to us comes in form of sharing info and helpng each other to get out there and enjoy our world
with family and friends.
Yes, it's nice to put meat in the freezer etc, but to just have the opportunity to be a part of life's cycle is the real success.
I should know, with some health issues, for me to just get out there with my dad and daughter and good friends, is
my main goal, as those opportunities are dwindling away for me.
To have some of these "so called educated, but in my opinion... ******s" come onto this site, and pull that kind of crap,
and then worse, publish some totally idiotic study (can't even call it that), is just down right low...the worst of the worst.
If you don't like hunting/or something dying, then don't hunt.
If you want to be a vegan because of that....fine...go ahead.
But don't force your regime on me....and worst, don't think you will ever stop me.
I like to eat protein in the form of meat, not tofu, and that is exactly what I will do.
That was in my opinion, one of the worst reports/studies I have ever read....
Only Agenda based (and the worst approach I have ever seen)...nothing scientific about that.

scoutlt1
09-18-2017, 08:12 PM
This makes me sick. Completely sick.

To know that there are people illicitly gathering information about honest, law-abiding people who are engaged in a perfectly legal activity turns my stomach.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full

Here is one paragraph....

Addressing these limitations, recent research has studied hunter satisfactions using an innovative data source: social media. For example, Child and Darimont (2015 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full#wsb796-bib-0004)) investigated multiple satisfactions of trophy hunters by analyzing facial expressions of hunters when posing with their prey, using photos collected from online forums and other websites. Their results indicated that the odds of true “pleasure” smiles are greater when hunters pose 1) with versus without prey; 2) with large versus small prey; and 3) with carnivore versus ungulate targets (among older men). Child and Darimont (2015 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full#wsb796-bib-0004)) offered a generalizable achievement-oriented hypothesis, proposing that the prospect of displaying achievement associated with killing large and dangerous prey at least in part underlies the behavior of many contemporary hunters.

You pieces of sh*t are "studying" us???? You want to make determinations on wildlife management based on you "identifying and understanding 'hunter satisfactions' "??? Based on the "odds of 'true pleasure smiles' " from huntersin a picture"?? You motherf*ckers have letters behind your names and have attended a university??
I can't believe that any school would put up with this dogshit.

To me it's (at best) disgusting, egregious, deserving of revokation of any degree....and potentially worthy of charges of fraud.

****ing shame on you.

To those of us who hunt.....let's never underestimate the lows our enemies will go.

My apologies to the mods on here, but this has pissed me off beyond belief.

Lozzie
09-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Meet a chick with hairy pits that smells like pachouli and B.O.? Seriously dude you might want to raise your standards. Lol

It would be worth attending. Chat with folks who have different viewpoints; maybe change a mind, or have a few laughs, maybe meet a chick.

Whonnock Boy
09-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Well... we all kinda had a feeling the sniff test wasn't passing. I have no issue with "anti" whatever people being on the site, and speaking their minds provided the rules are followed, but...... hiding your true identity with ulterior motives is kind of a chicken $hit way of doing things. Now I could understand if like minded folks as Jassmine and Kbob were getting the boot for no more than speaking their minds, then there would be some justification in the secrecy. Hell, I've played a part or two attempting to make some headway elsewhere, but was kicked regardless. End of the day, stand up for what you believe in, and you don't do that by hiding behind a user name.

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Meet a chick with hairy pits that smells like pachouli and B.O.? Seriously dude you might want to raise your standards. Lol

You're right. Admittedly, i occasionally hit up the Carlton Club.

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 08:46 PM
We still don't know anything with certainty. However, if true, there might be a research ethics violation with this. Informed consent is likely a requirement for research subjects.

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 08:48 PM
http://www.uvic.ca/research/conduct/home/regapproval/humanethics/index.php

Keta1969
09-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Have to say thanks to those that kept at her,him or whatever. I tended to just skim over the B.S. Quite the fail on on her, his part. Ourea got under her skin and she buggered up. Funny but friggin pathetic really. Like to say good riddance but who knows what they will be hiding behind now. Suggestion for her next avatar, a rock with slime oozing out from underneath. Then we know what we're dealing with.

scoutlt1
09-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Just as an explanatory fyi on my post....

I am not directing anything at anyone on here, or they may or may not be. It is strictly a statement of my utter frustration and anger at the anti-hunting movement, and, based on information, how low they will clearly go to bring an end to hunting as we know it.

"If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril."

f350ps
09-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Hahaha.....that's a classic signature line, thanks for the laugh! K

IslandWanderer
09-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Hahaha.....that's a classic signature line, thanks for the laugh! K

If you think that's funny, check out what you recently wrote:

I've actually enjoyed her posts for the most part, the majority are very factual, the others are defending her position which she really shouldn't have to if you have the ability to read or can focus long enough to understand what the articles she posts are actually saying! Don't let a few discourage you Jazzy, some of us are listening AND learning! K

f350ps
09-18-2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up Oureo, after some looking back I'm pretty sure you've nailed it! The only one I'm still struggling with is kbob, he's posted in the Tinder of Hunting Buddies section looking for a partner, somebody should take him up on his request! What I'm finding kind of puzzling is that if these freaks are walking amongst us why are they not nuked, mods have access to IP addresses! Mind you, if they are registering at different gay bars there would be different addresses so I guess it's tough to track! K

Ourea
09-18-2017, 10:30 PM
If you think that's funny, check out what you recently wrote:

I've actually enjoyed her posts for the most part, the majority are very factual, the others are defending her position which she really shouldn't have to if you have the ability to read or can focus long enough to understand what the articles she posts are actually saying! Don't let a few discourage you Jazzy, some of us are listening AND learning! K

Numerous people have been doped, "we" need to move on and up.
Learn and grow.

Ourea
09-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up Oureo, after some looking back I'm pretty sure you've nailed it! The only one I'm still struggling with is kbob, he's posted in the Tinder of Hunting Buddies section looking for a partner, somebody should take him up on his request! What I'm finding kind of puzzling is that if these freaks are walking amongst us why are they not nuked, mods have access to IP addresses! Mind you, if they are registering at different gay bars there would be different addresses so I guess it's tough to track! K

Bigger picture....we have people/organizations being deceitful, lying, in our den, manipulating for their self gain.
We need better radar.
I was accused of not being very "quick" by a raincoast affiliate......
I am quick enough to pick out rats when I see them.

finaddict
09-19-2017, 08:39 AM
I have noticed that Alena (Jassmine) has not posted on this topic since she was identified for what she really is. C'mon Alena, time to grow a pair and show us that you actually do have some self-respect and integrity. Looking forward to how you try to justify your "research" and how you plan on having it pass the UVic Ethics committee.

Time to suck it up, buttercup and show us your medal.

Wild one
09-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Only one who hit my ignore list

Many post Jasmine made did not add up. True motives were not completely clear but enough red flags to make me ?

TreeStandMan
09-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Now I know why she was so upset when I called out "Wildlife Society Bulletin" as a garbage publication on a previous thread... And this so called "research paper" is another extremely flawed piece example of what passes for scholarship at Raincoast. There's so much selection bias, cherry picking, and false or assumed inference, that the thing is worthless. It's not science--at best it's poor social science. The problem is that the war Raincoast, Darimont, and Elebing-Schuld are fighting isn't one of science, it's a war of public opinion, and we need to be very careful about public opinion, because that's how we lost the grizzly bear hunt.

Seeker
09-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Maybe require sponsorship from a dedicated member(s) on the forum for new people. Greater than X# of posts required. Photos of hunting experiences. Sorry Whonnock, intentions have been quite clearly illustrated and a time comes when we need to protect ourselves. The respect was never there.

rimfire
09-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Maybe require sponsorship from a dedicated member(s) on the forum for new people. Greater than X# of posts required. Photos of hunting experiences. Sorry Whonnock, intentions have been quite clearly illustrated and a time comes when we need to protect ourselves. The respect was never there.

Then I wouldn't have been here as when I started hunting, I didn't know anyone on this forum.

RiverOtter
09-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Then I wouldn't have been here as when I started hunting, I didn't know anyone on this forum.
You'd be surprised.....

rimfire
09-19-2017, 10:47 AM
You'd be surprised.....

True story, I'm sure!

RiverOtter
09-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Tough call on heavier filtering. Be a shame to see this place end up like big shots, where hurt feelers for getting called out for talking out your rectum rates a suspension/ban. Besides, the mods/admin here already work way beyond their pay scale.

That said, after this recent debacle, there is definitely a sound case for shifting the line in the sand a smidge. Tough to win a fight when you're morally forced to wear gloves and hit above the belt, against an opponent who doesn't even know what morals are.

Seeker
09-19-2017, 11:06 AM
100% agree.

Wild one
09-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Tightening requirements on HBC won't prevent antis from joining or trolling. A good example is the trapperman forum they require more personal info and add trapping related? To sign up and still get antis

Hiding does nothing to help the hunting community. Our true issue is the public is hearing the anti side 100 times to our 1.

Our silence is where antis gain their power to use miss information. We all would like to just go hunting and be left alone but that is not helping our stance

Bugle M In
09-19-2017, 11:44 AM
I don't think there is anyway to avoid this kind of person from showing up here.
Even if they want to argue the "other side" so to speak....let them...won't change my mind.
But, the real problem I have after this was all said and done....is that "crap literature" she/he/it put out!!
If you have taken the time to read it...you should!! cause it is "out of this world"! ridiculous, but none the less,
it hangs out it the "cyber world" now.....
To say, based on a photograph of ones smile, is only indicative of one posting their pic with a successful animal harvest,
and that we only smile big when we have something to show!!...that's a study...
Are there comparison of that same person with and with out smile...
Have the stuff that has me rolling on the floor in laughter while I am out in the field with friends/family is stuff I either don't carry a record of, or, would I want to post it on here.
But I can tell you this....I have had some great happy smiles and laughter, and it did not require me to have game laying
in front of me......not even close!
The one thing I look forward to when I am out there, is hunting along with my friend, who can make me laugh all long...
Or watching my daughter trying to spot game, or taking pictures and having to eventually drag her away so we can move on.
"Satisfaction only comes from me when I have been successful, and it shows thru the pic and my smile"!
That's it...that's all you got...god, I sure hope you didn't spend much on that education!
Actually, hope you did...cause it will take you a lifetime to pay it off....cause nobody who pays well will hire someone
like that....not for long.
Anyways....enough...."gotta go out there and get my SMILE ON"

RiverOtter
09-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Heck, I had a grin on before I even got out of bed this morning; watching a doe grazing outside my bedroom window. Guess that must prove intent. LOL.

Spy
09-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Sorry boys I had "it" pegged many moons ago, Im glad to see everyone now sees "it's" true colures. I always thought "It" was a paid instigator & only here to ruffle our feathers.. "It" is not part of the hunting family and I agree is an impostor here on HBC...

Travalanche
09-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Screw it, I'm still asking her out.

Fisher-Dude
09-19-2017, 02:16 PM

Post up a selfie taken when you see "her" for the first time.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aFKMZcr7ai4/hqdefault.jpg

Travalanche
09-19-2017, 02:22 PM

Just puked in my mouth a little. I'm in the middle of a divorce and my fitness watch says I've masturbated five miles this week, but I'm still not that desperate. Date cancelled.

Wild one
09-19-2017, 02:23 PM

Worth a shot might be able to convert her with the right piece of wild meat ..... if she is even a she lol

RiverOtter
09-19-2017, 02:29 PM

The need for 2 separate user accounts all of a sudden makes perfect sense. Haha.

Travalanche
09-19-2017, 03:03 PM
"mommmmm!! Bring some more meatballs, i'm activisting!!!!

Bugle M In
09-19-2017, 03:36 PM
I guess when you get to that point (and lets face it, I doubt he get smany dates), it's impossible to even find it,
and lose a few calories "manually"....so eating is the only form of "self pleasure" at that point!

Beachcomber
09-19-2017, 04:04 PM
We still don't know anything with certainty. However, if true, there might be a research ethics violation with this. Informed consent is likely a requirement for research subjects.

They seem to have considered the research ethics side of things: "Additionally, we selected forums where no login was required to access hunting “stories” (i.e., hunt narratives) and demographic information of members. All data were therefore publicly accessible, which was a criterion for ethics clearance (University of Victoria, protocol #12-363)."

Perhaps simply requiring that members log in to view site content will prevent - or at least limit - this sort of thing in future?

IslandWanderer
09-19-2017, 05:08 PM
They seem to have considered the research ethics side of things: "Additionally, we selected forums where no login was required to access hunting “stories” (i.e., hunt narratives) and demographic information of members. All data were therefore publicly accessible, which was a criterion for ethics clearance (University of Victoria, protocol #12-363)."

Perhaps simply requiring that members log in to view site content will prevent - or at least limit - this sort of thing in future?

I think you have a good idea about requiring login to view content on HBC. Any moderators reading this who might have an opinion?

Ourea
09-19-2017, 05:25 PM
I think you have a good idea about requiring login to view content on HBC. Any moderators reading this who might have an opinion?

What!!?
And take away all my fun hunting these type of folks down!?
There goes my fun!!

Bugle M In
09-19-2017, 05:27 PM
What!!?
And take away all my fun hunting these type of folks down!?
There goes my fun!!

Well, when you "tag one out" make sure you have decided what "smile" to have....just for the records..

Beachcomber
09-19-2017, 05:38 PM

Actually, having thought about it, could it be argued that the ethics breach occurred not when they viewed the posts without logging in but rather when they logged in, viewed posts, and engaged hunters on the HBC forum (if that is indeed what the authors did)? Pretending to be a member of this community in good standing while engaging hunters in conversation here is disingenuous at best and perhaps tantamount to a breach of the "ethics clearance" they cite in their "research".

IslandWanderer
09-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Actually, having thought about it, could it be argued that the ethics breach occurred not when they viewed the posts without logging in but rather when they logged in, viewed posts, and engaged hunters on the HBC forum (if that is indeed what the authors did)? Pretending to be a member of this community in good standing while engaging hunters in conversation here is disingenuous at best and perhaps tantamount to a breach of the "ethics clearance" they cite in their "research".

You could send an email. Also, I suspect that research shouldn't be a source of discomfort for its unwitting subjects.

Spy
09-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Give them enough rope and maybe we can get a class action going, that should ruffle thier feathers.

tuner
09-19-2017, 07:00 PM
I think you might be referring to our very own imbedded Raincoast activist, aka Jassmine:shock:

rimfire
09-19-2017, 07:01 PM

Not all of HBC is publically accesable though.

bearvalley
09-21-2017, 09:35 AM
This thread exposes who thinks the management of wildlife should be molded to suit their cause and to what depths they will go to accomplish the mission they have laid out.
Base camp seems to be UVic.
Raincoast is driving the bus with their installed henchmen like Darimont, Paquet, Child and Ebeling-Schuld.
With his UVic ties where does our "Partial Premiere Weaver" fit into this present anti hunting movement that is going on?

Spy
09-21-2017, 09:47 AM
This thread exposes who thinks the management of wildlife should be molded to suit their cause and to what depths they will go to accomplish the mission they have laid out.
Base camp seems to be UVic.
Raincoast is driving the bus with their installed henchmen like Darimont, Paquet, Child and Ebeling-Schuld.
With his UVic ties where does our "Partial Premiere Weaver" fit into this present anti hunting movement that is going on?
Weaver is not anti hunting and has had numerous arguments on radio with Falconer of Rain =coast.......

bearvalley
09-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Weaver is not anti hunting and has had numerous arguments on radio with Falconer of Rain =coast.......
Go for it Spy.
Weaver has shown his true colours.
You would expect a career scientist to support science driven wildlife management based on the unbiased findings of biologists to whom we have entrusted the management of our provincial wildlife.
Instead both Weaver and Horgan have thrown science to the wind....all for their own personal gain of votes.

Spy
09-21-2017, 10:11 AM
Ok BR Weaver came out publicly in support of a wolf cull backed Resident Hunters when you guides stole from us and has always said he would take a scientific approach to game management. If you are referring to the Grizz hunt you got me as I don't know how he stands on it. But too label him an anti is a bit far fetched. Let's not muddy the waters with someone that could actually help "us" is all I'm saying.

Fisher-Dude
09-21-2017, 10:23 AM

Well, he did call us hunters "barbarians," so I think his fat ass is smack dab in the middle of Darimont's camp.

Those who support him are about as smart as those who wanted to have sex with that guy named Jassmine. Duped.

bearvalley
09-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Ok BR Weaver came out publicly in support of a wolf cull backed Resident Hunters when you guides stole from us and has always said he would take a scientific approach to game management. If you are referring to the Grizz hunt you got me as I don't know how he stands on it. But too label him an anti is a bit far fetched. Let's not muddy the waters with someone that could actually help "us" is all I'm saying.

Spy, if I thought arguing with you would be of any gain I would dig right into your bullshit.
In my opinion you have very little knowledge as to what goes on behind the scenes in the provincial wildlife hinged tug of war.
You yap what you have been brainwashed into believing....and that goes beyond wildlife issues.
Follow along with Weaver and watch your world crumble when he digs up the scientific garbage he needs to bend current policy.
Do you think it will take Darimont & Co long to come up with a study that says wolves are being exploited and our 2 Premiers put the brakes on the wolf cull?

Spy
09-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Oh well you boys seem to have it all figured out, keep on alienating everybody and soon you will have nobody standing behind you. With your attitude the antis have already won. Instead of trying to build bridges with the very powers that be, you love blowing them up. But hey you and FD always know what's best for Hunters ;-)

Beachcomber
09-21-2017, 11:38 AM
Here (https://www.straight.com/news/572766/andrew-weaver-we-need-end-trophy-hunt-british-columbia) is what Weaver said in a Georgia Strait article 2 years ago. He is clearly not a fan of "trophy" hunting (which he apparently defines as non-residents coming to BC to hunt for a "prize" - his words, not mine, so don't go apeshit on me for citing him please). He, on the evidence of this piece, is not anti-hunting but seems to feel the need to make the distinction between "trophy hunting" vs hunting generally. I get though that he is a politician so his views are malleable and subject to change (ie his stance (https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/site-c-the-bc-green-partys-big-dam-dilemma/article35386000/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&) on Site C). Personally I am neutral on the man but this op-ed piece at least provides a record of his views on the issue.

bearvalley
09-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Beachcomber, I get what you're saying.
The problem with the un-educated stance that Weaver took up on the "trophy" hunt is the unintended consequences that will follow if he or like minded individuals succeed in eliminating one segment of hunting in BC.
Once the dam cracks the flood follows.
Weaver needs to sit down with all the players in the wildlife game if he is going to attemp to pass sound judgement calls.
There are a lot more involved than a handful of resident protestors on a Victoria lawn, a small group of Coastal First Nations and the Raincoast Foundation.
I'm damn sure he will hear a different message.

bandit
10-02-2017, 02:16 PM

I contacted UVic ethics department. They assured me that although one of the researchers is a member of this site, their account is dormant and they do not take part in discussions.

They also claim that since the discussions are viewable by non members / general public, there are no ethics issues with using content of this site for research.

Mods, it may be time to change that.

Spy
10-02-2017, 02:21 PM
I contacted UVic ethics department. They assured me that although one of the researchers is a member of this site, their account is dormant and they do not take part in discussions.

They also claim that since the discussions are viewable by non members / general public, there are no ethics issues with using content of this site for research.

X2 totally agree

Ourea
10-02-2017, 02:34 PM

Which leads to the question......who is that hbc member that is posing on this site involved in their research.
I've been smelling bullshit for quite some time.

Spy
10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Which leads to the question......who is that hbc member that is posing on this site involved in their research.
I've been smelling bullshit for quite some time.
I think we all have a pretty good idea.

jassmine
10-03-2017, 07:33 AM
I think we all have a pretty good idea.

Do tell.....

ducktoller
10-03-2017, 08:05 PM
This makes me sick. Completely sick.

To know that there are people illicitly gathering information about honest, law-abiding people who are engaged in a perfectly legal activity turns my stomach.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full

Here is one paragraph....

Addressing these limitations, recent research has studied hunter satisfactions using an innovative data source: social media. For example, Child and Darimont (2015 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full#wsb796-bib-0004)) investigated multiple satisfactions of trophy hunters by analyzing facial expressions of hunters when posing with their prey, using photos collected from online forums and other websites. Their results indicated that the odds of true “pleasure” smiles are greater when hunters pose 1) with versus without prey; 2) with large versus small prey; and 3) with carnivore versus ungulate targets (among older men). Child and Darimont (2015 (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wsb.796/full#wsb796-bib-0004)) offered a generalizable achievement-oriented hypothesis, proposing that the prospect of displaying achievement associated with killing large and dangerous prey at least in part underlies the behavior of many contemporary hunters.

You pieces of sh*t are "studying" us???? You want to make determinations on wildlife management based on you "identifying and understanding 'hunter satisfactions' "??? Based on the "odds of 'true pleasure smiles' " from huntersin a picture"?? You motherf*ckers have letters behind your names and have attended a university??
I can't believe that any school would put up with this dogshit.

To me it's (at best) disgusting, egregious, deserving of revokation of any degree....and potentially worthy of charges of fraud.

****ing shame on you.

To those of us who hunt.....let's never underestimate the lows our enemies will go.

My apologies to the mods on here, but this has pissed me off beyond belief.

Always lol when I see studies like this, got in some fun arguments about it in my very left winger degree too. It's like they forget that people can feel two or more things at once? Pride in your kill, and meat, sense of accomplishment, sadness for the loss of life, etc. etc. etc.
If you didn't smile they'd say it was proof you were an emotionless killer?
It's a social more to smile in pictures so we all do it!
If i shot a bear right now I'd be smiling purely because I wouldn't have to see my wife make that "so you didn't get meat" face.

Ourea
10-03-2017, 08:48 PM
On that note.....
Can't wait to see Jassmine post up her first buck.
(like that will ever happen)
Her sharing healthy organic venison for her Raincoast anti hunting friends while they continue to systematically chip away at hunting in general ..... f*ck them.

I can't wait for Oct 10th, going to put a WT doe down, best meat on God's green earth.
My family will enjoy every ounce.
Will post the video of the kill just for her and her colleagues.

Ohwildwon
10-03-2017, 11:26 PM
On that note.....
Can't wait to see Jassmine post up her first buck.
(like that will ever happen)
Her sharing healthy organic venison for her Raincoast anti hunting friends while they continue to systematically chip away at hunting in general ..... f*ck them.

I can't wait for Oct 10th, going to put a WT doe down, best meat on God's green earth.
My family will enjoy every ounce.
Will post the video of the kill just for her and her colleagues.

Amen to that!

10-04-2017, 05:36 AM
Do tell.....

still haven't supplied them hunting pics you so called grew up with eh Jazzy . Dam hypocrite.

Go away you troll ....... You've been exposed ........ Your opinion means nothing here if you haven't noticed.

scoutlt1
12-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Just kicking back with a few beers, holding down the couch, and going through some older threads.

Figured this one might be worthy of a "bump".... :)

walks with deer
01-02-2018, 08:11 PM
i was walking by patagonia today at sunpeaks and was thinking i should at least bring some bear jerky in there for snacks.. and just have some general discussion.

i agree scoutlt 1 we need to figure something real i was on raincoast website and listening to there speaches..there goals go way past gbears and the coast.