after that rain Friday night
have they opened the bush to quading
hunting form a quad

swampdonkey
09-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Nope.........

RiverOtter
09-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Haven't lifted the campfire ban either, but I drove past a nice one last night in downtown Cherryville. LOL.

huckleberry
09-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Only if your a Guide/Outfitter. They can use them.

boxhitch
09-10-2017, 07:54 AM
grass is still crunchy, roads are dusty already, not much of a rain event

Rackmastr
09-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Only if your a Guide/Outfitter. They can use them.

Not in the East Kootenays

Bobfl
09-10-2017, 08:54 AM
as of sept 10 no atv or open fires. certified cga/ulc gas firepits with briquetts allowed, Access allowed. Bush is like walking on corn flakes. Only guide outfitters allowed to use atv . Gov say's its thier livelyhood. I say BS outfitter clients take your money elsewhere.

604redneck
09-10-2017, 09:02 AM
as of sept 10 no atv or open fires. certified cga/ulc gas firepits with briquetts allowed, Access allowed. Bush is like walking on corn flakes. Only guide outfitters allowed to use atv . Gov say's its thier livelyhood. I say BS outfitter clients take your money elsewhere.
Well regardless to how you feel its still their livelyhood.

Buckmeister
09-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Hunting in the bush is part of my personal livelihood.

Was out still hunting this morning. My shoes and socks got soaked. Dew everywhere. Mist and fog rising the hour before the sun rose. Even saw some mud puddles with water in them. Not a hint of dust anywhere. But it looks like it will be a beautiful sunny day today, so I am sure the wetness will dry up soon.

Oh yeah, I saw at least 8 deer this morning right off the bat, two confirmed white tail bucks, one at about 40 feet away. But I let them walk, they were still fairly young and smallish. Lots of season yet to find their big brother.

09-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Well regardless to how you feel its still their livelyhood.

who cares, fire risk us fire risk and complete BS that they can access and continue and the general public can't.
A hot exhaust us a hot exhaust, a spark from rocks is the same, be it resident or GO.
special privelage is BS, no different then nets in a river.

Throwaway
09-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Yep. Not just your quads though... your glutes, calves and hip flexors too!

BeerMan
09-10-2017, 05:54 PM
:arrow:
Yep. Not just your quads though... your glutes, calves and hip flexors too!
Awesome! That made me chuckle:biggrin:

twoSevenO
09-10-2017, 07:19 PM
A question from the uninformed here .... what kind of guiding is going on in reg 8 where they would use quads?

I always assumed guided hunts took place in areas where one couldn't just ride their quad into.

Are they guiding for elk? Deer?

I know i'd be pissed if I was a visiting hunter who hired a guide only to run into a bunch of locals on their own ATVs

xfactor
11-06-2017, 10:28 AM
bump…whats the latest on this fellas?

mike31154
11-06-2017, 09:05 PM
You'll be better off with a sled about now......with heated grips.

boxhitch
11-07-2017, 06:55 AM
This ban ?
Off-road vehicle ban to be lifted Wednesday Area restrictions remain in effect around larger fires
Recreationalists, hunters and off-road enthusiasts will be able to get their vehicles back out into the bush again. Effective at noon, on Wednesday, Sept. 20, the off-road vehicle ban will be lifted and vehicles will once again be permitted on Crown land across the province, according to a release by the BC Wildfire Service.

dougan
11-07-2017, 07:52 AM
who cares, fire risk us fire risk and complete BS that they can access and continue and the general public can't.
A hot exhaust us a hot exhaust, a spark from rocks is the same, be it resident or GO.
special privelage is BS, no different then nets in a river. its more of an accountability thing I would say. There are more ass clowns traveling about the general public who don't give too shart about anyone or anything but themselves,you can try to argue this but it only takes one ass clown to wreck it for all and I would say this is where we are at like it or not.