PDA

View Full Version : West Harrison Chehalis area

Billybird
09-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Evening everyone. Been along time since I've hunted the lower mainland, was thinking of hitting up somewhere around chehalis... Not much of a road hunter prefer to walk a bit. Fish the area hard, but haven't hunted it. Looking for some insight. Appreciate it.

Blainer
09-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Get on the power lines and walk. Pray for rain, the blacktails move in the rain.
Walk fringe of the bush and constantly look as deep in the bush as you can see.
Good luck

lip_ripper00
09-09-2017, 09:10 PM
park your truck and walk up. the further the better, look at googl earth find the draws that don't have road access.

twoSevenO
09-09-2017, 09:46 PM
I dont think you're gonna see anything near any Power lines around harrison. That area is HEAVYLY used for recreation and there are more and more ATV trails popping up every year.

In between 2008 and 2011 I made trips up and down west harrison at least once a week sometimes twice. I can count how many deer I've seen anywhere near that road on one hand.

There are deer around. But If I really wanted a buck out of there I'd be looking to Bushwack for at least 2-3 hours away from any road first.

Anyone who says sit and wait around the power lines does not understand just how busy harrison lake is.