PDA

View Full Version : pissing rain!!!!

scotty30-06
09-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Im here in delta and finally its dumping...got a little last night but this is a true damn rain.... finally....can almost smell fall in the air....sitting in sweat pants ...and needing a hoodie is a long and waited feeling....for all you folks inland and upland from the coast....its on its way folks...I hope this system builds and keeps rolling inland for the fires...hats off to the folks still fighting ...hang in there

vanislerev
09-09-2017, 03:43 AM
Been dry all night up here in the cariboo

hunter1947
09-09-2017, 04:33 AM
You can send some hereto the EK

tigrr
09-09-2017, 07:19 AM
So far it has missed Horsefly too. 99% humidity though.

mcmullmar
09-09-2017, 08:21 AM
the rain feel good doesn't it

TimberPig
09-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Been dry all night up here in the cariboo

I'm also at 150, but got some showers last night- evening and overnight. Not what I work call passing rain, but hopefully more is coming and over more of the province.

Greenthumbed
09-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Rained pretty good this morning for a while in Golden. It's stopped now though. Here's hoping for some more!

604ksmith
09-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm surprised you missed the rain Vancouver got yesterday. It pissed rain from 8am-10am with the entire parking lot of my office being "flooded" as the drains were surely all clogged up with summer debris.

landphil
09-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Had some decent showers here last evening and overnight, we certainly need more, but it did knock some of the smoke out of the air, and dampen the ground. More in the forecast too.

ian745
09-09-2017, 09:18 AM
im in courtenay rained last night and its nice and cool and still spitting love it!!!,

Iron Glove
09-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Sitting in Tulameen, just had a rain storm pass through, must've been at least 4 or 5 drops. :-(
Might head off into the hills on the quad, sit around a campfire shooting surplus ammo at some Tannerite. :roll:

HarryToolips
09-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Getting some decent rain here in the west part of R8...

Bugle M In
09-09-2017, 11:06 AM
You can send some hereto the EK

So...nothing falling in Cranbrook huh....is that the case for most of the EK right now?

scotty30-06
09-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Still pouring rain in van......there will be some coming your ways guys....just hang in there

scotty30-06
09-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Sitting here at work with hoody on watching the rain pouring from my dry spot in mt
Y Cat cab.....damn feels good .....feels like fall

russm
09-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Not sure what time it started but it's been raining all day in Langley, got a little bit yesterday too, about damn time.

New Bow Hunter
09-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Rained off and on for the last two days in Prince George. Leaves are still green on the trees. There's no fire ban. Rain puddles are great.

Fella
09-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Is blacktail weather here on the island!

mastercaster
09-09-2017, 12:25 PM
No rain forecasted for Merritt, Princeton, or Kelowna area this weekend at all. Region 8 continues to be bone dry!

scotty30-06
09-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Im going out first time this season tomorrow after blacktails....god im glad it rained

DeepJeep
09-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Finally some rain in Castlegar.

Iron Glove
09-09-2017, 02:34 PM
No rain forecasted for Merritt, Princeton, or Kelowna area this weekend at all. Region 8 continues to be bone dry!

Phew, I thought the stuff pouring down on me now was rain, must be wet ash or something. :confused:
Doesn't look like it's gonna last for long.

The Hermit
09-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Okay it rained. Great now it can bugger off for another 90 days here on the coast. I've just dried out from the Oct - July downpour last year! And other than when the fires threaten towns, and ranches and such - let it burn! Good for habitat! Burn baby burn!

huckleberry
09-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Just got 5 drops of rain in Kimberley. Bush should be open any time now(yeah right)

REMINGTON JIM
09-09-2017, 03:05 PM
We are getting a few drops here in Kammy but NOT much at all ! RJ

srupp
09-09-2017, 03:18 PM
It's starting to dribble a bit.....hold it wait.im under the kitchen sink installing new drain..it's dishwater lol.

Steven

RiverOtter
09-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Rained most of the day east of Vernon. There's actually mud, instead of dust, wow.

saskbooknut
09-09-2017, 03:30 PM
When you are done with the rain, send it on to Saskatchewan. We need it too, in the south of the grainbelt, but I am sure some harvesters would like to be done before it arrives.
Me, I'd like to not have to worry about fire when hunting Sharptails and Huns in a week, and I am sure that landowners will be more welcoming if they don't have to worry so much about fire too.

sawmill
09-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Just got 5 drops of rain in Kimberley. Bush should be open any time now(yeah right)
Damn, I was downstairs and missed it.

hunter1947
09-09-2017, 03:41 PM
So...nothing falling in Cranbrook huh....is that the case for most of the EK right now?

Yes it is nothing falling I the entire EK ,,come on big man send some of that rain to the EK..

hunter1947
09-09-2017, 03:42 PM

LOL not for a while

hunter1947
09-09-2017, 03:46 PM
They say 80% chance of rain here in cranbrook next week on thursday 5 to 15 mm will see if this unfolds

yama49
09-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Rained most of the day in salmon arm today, feels good to see a puddle!

Salty
09-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Between spits yesterday and on and off rain today I think close to an inch has fallen in Hope. Not enough to soak the bush and soil like it needs but I'll take it, nice and cool too in the teens today. They're calling for chance of showers mid week too for 3-4 days. I do believe we may have turned a corner :mrgreen:

tigrr
09-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Well we got an inch so far. 3 more needed and they will open the bush for atv's. The forestry wants 100mm before they will consider letting atv's back in the bush.

Bobfl
09-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Kamloops not enough to make a difference,

hunter1947
09-11-2017, 04:53 AM
There still saying 80% rain here in the cranbrook region this upcoming thursday 10 to 15mm,,it shows low temperatures from Wed Sept 13 on through to sat Sept 16 high temp will be 10 to 18c the lows near freezing this low system coming in will be a big help on putting out the firs in the EK regions..

In Cranbrook the outside temperature as I post this message is 4c this is the lowest temp we have had this summer early fall

Dog_River
09-11-2017, 05:31 AM
We need some rain around Savona. We had some showers over the last few days but not measurable. Lots of heavy dark cloud cover over the weekend so I hope it come's soon.

caddisguy
09-11-2017, 07:05 AM
Got nice rain on Saturday while I was bow hunting and it was warm enough to walk around soaked in thin cotton gear. The animals were loving it. I got within bow range of 3 deer (all does) on Saturday and saw 6 total over the weekend. Probably 20 or so grouse but damned if I can hit one with the bow.

Fallkniven
09-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Got nice rain on Saturday while I was bow hunting and it was warm enough to walk around soaked in thin cotton gear. The animals were loving it. I got within bow range of 3 deer (all does) on Saturday and saw 6 total over the weekend. Probably 20 or so grouse but damned if I can hit one with the bow.

Thats because you have to hit it with the arrow...not the bow.......I tried it that way round it just doesn't work...:p

Bugle M In
09-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Hear you folks in the EK are going to get some rain!!??
Wondering if it will make any difference or changes to the Fire Restriction that has been in effect since Sept 2nd.
Honestly, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that it opens before the elk season ends.
Anybody hearing anything about?

VFX_man
09-12-2017, 11:28 AM

Bought some of these https://www.3riversarchery.com/judo-small-game-screw-in-point.html

A few years back for rabbit hunting in a firearm restricted area. They worked great at not losing the arrows, but [I] sucked at hitting the bunnies.

-VFX

caddisguy
09-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Bought some of these https://www.3riversarchery.com/judo-small-game-screw-in-point.html

A few years back for rabbit hunting in a firearm restricted area. They worked great at not losing the arrows, but [I] sucked at hitting the bunnies.

-VFX

I used a couple of those (or very similar) ... they definitely work better for recovery. This week I am leaving the bow at home and will harvest the grouse the way nature intended, with a shotgun. I imagine there will be a lot less grouse this weekend with mostly the paranoid/spooky ones left. That's usually how Region 2 goes. I should still get a few of them though.

VFX_man
09-12-2017, 02:30 PM
I used a couple of those (or very similar) ... they definitely work better for recovery. This week I am leaving the bow at home and will harvest the grouse the way nature intended, with a shotgun. I imagine there will be a lot less grouse this weekend with mostly the paranoid/spooky ones left. That's usually how Region 2 goes. I should still get a few of them though.

Someone used an 18 wheeler grill to harvest one up north . . .
The set-up: Told the wife look there's a Grouse on the road. Oh shit, keep an eye on it because there is a semi heading right at it. Boom, exploding pile of feathers ensued . . . At least it was probably cooked when he stopped the rig later.

J_T
09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Hear you folks in the EK are going to get some rain!!??
Wondering if it will make any difference or changes to the Fire Restriction that has been in effect since Sept 2nd.
Honestly, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that it opens before the elk season ends.
Anybody hearing anything about?Doesn't look good. High winds yesterday caused the Kenow Mtn / Flathead fire in the Akimina Kishenina area to almost double in size. It's moved into Waterton park and into Alberta. Word is, Pincher Cr is now on alert. Other fires down there grew in size as well. Talking to guys working on the fires, it's middle of October before they think they'll be close.

hunter1947
09-13-2017, 04:47 AM
Whether personal are wrong again said last night and showers today it has not happened,,,they change their minds like I blink my eyes..

hunter1947
09-13-2017, 05:15 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/1297.jpg http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/2202.jpg

From the local weather personal here in Cranbrook ,,if they are correct its going to get real cool here in the EK starting today..

swamper
09-13-2017, 07:38 AM
Woke up to frost here in Quesnel. Fall is definitely here.

Bugle M In
09-13-2017, 09:14 AM
H47/JT,

Thanks guys for the updates.
I saw (weather forecasts) that there was to be rain last night and this morning (Revelstoke 15mm and Calgary 30mm).
Just because they say that, doesn't mean that is what actually happened (although, the EK forecast are way more accurate then down here on the coast....long term forecast that is)
I see it is getting colder, just like down here where I am.
Hoping that your forecast is correct H47, as it looks like some rain during the following week.
Don't know what the fire marshall/ministry is looking for in the regards of "how much rainfall" they feel is needed to
lift the EK closure......
Appreciate if some of you who live up there can keep us posted to what is "actually happening" in terms of rain, compared to some of us having to guess because we are not there and can only follow the forecasts.
I think I may be changing plans for the beginning of Oct (ban lifting??), rather then the last week of Sept (my usual time).
Maybe that is wishful thinking, and the ban wont lift til mid Oct, which means the elk season will be about 1 week long this
year!!!!???
Anyways, appreciate keeping the rest of us down here informed, and hope you can continue to post if time allows, to let us know what is "actually going on"...
Thanks boys....appreciated.