PDA

View Full Version : Elk in MU 4-20

BCKiwi
09-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Hey Guys,

Pretty new to elk hunting and drew an LEH for MU 4-20 Zone X; could anyone offer some tips, or good places to check out for this area?

LEH is for the first week in October.

Cheers!

tenrag
09-08-2017, 02:58 PM
All crown land in the area is currently closed with low probability it will open by early October. Unless you find private land with permission you could be out of luck.

BCKiwi
09-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I did see the area was closed off, I'm hoping it reopens between now and October. Any suggestions for when it reopens?

boxhitch
09-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Open or not , skirt the edge of the private, carry a good pack

Bobfl
09-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Take money, Locals wont let you hunt there land with out paying for a shit shack to stay in. Good luck, It'll be the first and last time you hunt the LEH, It's a shit show

LBM
09-10-2017, 09:29 AM
Hey Guys,

Pretty new to elk hunting and drew an LEH for MU 4-20 Zone X; could anyone offer some tips, or good places to check out for this area?

LEH is for the first week in October.

Cheers!

Go down to skookumchuck and hunt the Torent back towards the north

tenrag
09-10-2017, 04:55 PM
If the bush is open there are some great spots around Torrent over the river and further south by St Mary river. It is a shit show like someone else said so be careful!! I personally stay away from the gong show. A friend described it as sounding like being in a popcorn machine because their are so many people shooting....not my cup of tea.

LBM
09-10-2017, 05:34 PM
If the bush is open there are some great spots around Torrent over the river and further south by St Mary river. It is a shit show like someone else said so be careful!! I personally stay away from the gong show. A friend described it as sounding like being in a popcorn machine because their are so many people shooting....not my cup of tea.

I don't apply for the cow draw but looking in the synopsis there is 5 tags for the time he has a leh for shouldn't be a shit show as you guys are mentioning, bulls are still open
so others will be after the elk as well.

Vader
09-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Bush is closed on crown land.. No rubber tires, no boots.. private land is only access.

quackhead
09-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Looks like you're back in business, buddy. http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2899

blackbart
09-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Good luck. You will love the area, getting an elk would be a nice bonus.