PDA

View Full Version : New Hunting Licence

greybark
08-01-2007, 07:12 PM
:icon_frow Damn it , Some things never change the newby clerk knew nothing about checking the Bowhunter Box .
:-D But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

Bow Walker
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I doubt that they even know about the 'box'. I've always had to mention it to the clerk.

Woodrow
08-01-2007, 07:30 PM
what does checking the box tell the government,

newhunterette
08-01-2007, 07:31 PM
there's a box?

08-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Always thought it was the govt's way of getting a rough count on archery hunters.

Jagermeister
08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
If you're out hunting in the bow season and you do not have the box checked, they'll tag you for hunting out of season although I don't think they have ever enforced it yet, but the possibility is there.

todbartell
08-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I write alot of licenses, and only ask if they hunt with a bow if they have all their teeth

Sako_Halfcok
08-01-2007, 11:48 PM
We ask the customer if they do any bow hunting becase the gov gets an approxamite of how many poeple are bow hunting so they can add or remove bow seasons accordingly. ;)

Sako_Halfcok
08-01-2007, 11:49 PM
If you're out hunting in the bow season and you do not have the box checked, they'll tag you for hunting out of season although I don't think they have ever enforced it yet, but the possibility is there.
they wont fine you , as if they would trace it back to victoria because the dip s**t clerk didnt scribble his penicil in the box

todbartell
08-02-2007, 12:20 AM

the achery check only goes on the license copy that the store sends to the government. Besides, you can hunt with a bow in any open season, they cannot charge you for hunting with archery equipment in an open season..:-?

Fisher-Dude
08-02-2007, 07:56 AM
The clerks at Bear Creek check everyone's box it seems, bowhunter or not! Happened to several people that I've spoken with that don't bow hunt. Being as they sell lots of archery gear, do you think they want the government to think there is an excess demand for bow only seasons? :???:

The Hermit
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I write alot of licenses, and only ask if they hunt with a bow if they have all their teeth

:mrgreen: Too funny!

Wildfoot
08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
when i got my lisences at the wal mart in kamlooops. the girl gave me grief for buying a bear tag. then she gave me huge grief when i asked her to check the bowhunter box. I told her she should go get a job in housewares if she didnt like hunting.

greybark
08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
:-D AAHH, F-D , Several is everybody ? This is a rerun :-D
8) I guess the forgotten ones and added ones even out:wink:

Fisher-Dude
08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I guess the forgotten ones and added ones even out:wink:

Yeah GB, I agree, unfortunately I think the stats that our game managers use are wacked out at the best of times. How about this: we make harvest returns MANDATORY (ie no tags/license available the next year to those who don't return them), and have space to indicate if we hunted with gun or bow for the days we report? AND, we can report online (we are all internet whores anyways :redface: ).

My feeling is, better/more complete information will (should?) lead to better game management decisions. Do you concur?

greybark
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
:-DHey F-D ," Yup I agree" I wonder how the Turkey hunt is factualy planned . The Gov is actually turning down revenues from turkey tags and ignoring the ready made chance for harvest and resourse figures for proper management .

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On -

Fisher-Dude
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I think they are managing turkeys as an "invasive alien" species. Game managers hate calls from Grandma when a turkey shits on her car and burns a hole in the paint, after it has cleaned her garden out. Go figure!

Stone Sheep Steve
08-02-2007, 03:29 PM
when i got my lisences at the wal mart in kamlooops. the girl gave me grief for buying a bear tag. then she gave me huge grief when i asked her to check the bowhunter box. I told her she should go get a job in housewares if she didnt like hunting.

Should have got her fired:neutral:.

I went to the local license shop today to buy a sheep tag and the guy said that they only want to know who's a bowhunter in case they need to contact you for any changes in bow seasons. Don't know if it's true or not....................

SSS

Sako_Halfcok
08-02-2007, 05:07 PM
The clerks at Bear Creek check everyone's box it seems, bowhunter or not! Happened to several people that I've spoken with that don't bow hunt. Being as they sell lots of archery gear, do you think they want the government to think there is an excess demand for bow only seasons? :???:

Im quite sure the gov, dont care if you bow hunt or not:)

jessbennett
08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
get fined for hunting with a bow, in a bow season???:???::neutral:...... okay........

YukonJack
08-02-2007, 07:47 PM

Heh-heh-heh....good one:-D

xtremearchery
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Only you:)