PDA

View Full Version : Bag Limit Question region 8

Phoneguy
08-01-2007, 11:54 AM
On page 86 of the regs it reads:

"Deer. The combined limit for deer is 2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one antlerless deer of each species may be taken. The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless mule deer are available only through Limited Entry Hunting. The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, with only one of each sex allowed. Antlerless white-tailed deer are available through Limited Entry Hunting or the late bow only season"

On page 87 under the tables, white tail section it says bag limit is 1 (except for bow only season), mule deer section limit is 1.

So I have an LEH for a whitetail doe in 8-8. Which one do I go by? The way I read this I should be able to take both sexes of whitetail, or one white and a Mule buck.

A little confusing?

Thanks
James

talver
08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
you need to get 2 whitetail tags and a mulie tag if you want to take a doe whitetail, and a buck whitetail, and a mulie buck in that region
my bad this should have read
you need to get 2 whitetail tags and a mulie tag if you want to take a doe whitetail, and a buck whitetail, and just take a mulie buck in another region

palmer
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
you need to get 2 whitetail tags and a mulie tag if you want to take a doe whitetail, and a buck whitetail, and a mulie buck in that region

I think not...you can only take two deer...both can be whitetails with one being anterless or a whitetail and a mulie....but I am sure you can't kill three deer in region 8.

Wildman
08-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Only two as palmer said above.

Fisher-Dude
08-01-2007, 02:02 PM
On page 86 of the regs it reads:

"Deer. The combined limit for deer is 2. Both deer may be antlerless, but only one antlerless deer of each species may be taken. The bag limit for mule deer is 1. Antlerless mule deer are available only through Limited Entry Hunting. The bag limit for white-tailed deer is 2, with only one of each sex allowed. Antlerless white-tailed deer are available through Limited Entry Hunting or the late bow only season"

On page 87 under the tables, white tail section it says bag limit is 1 (except for bow only season), mule deer section limit is 1.

So I have an LEH for a whitetail doe in 8-8. Which one do I go by? The way I read this I should be able to take both sexes of whitetail, or one white and a Mule buck.

A little confusing?

Thanks
James

You can shoot one whitey (LEH doe or buck) and one muley, or a whitey buck and an LEH whitey doe. The p 87 GOS tables (besides bow) are for one buck limits in buck GOS seasons only. Your LEH allows you to take a second whitetail (must be your LEH doe) in addition to one GOS buck of either species. The regional bag limit is 2 deer, not 3. Confused? Here are your options:

One WT buck, one WT doe
One WT buck, one MD buck
One WT doe, one MD buck

Good luck with your draw.

Caveman
08-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I think not...you can only take two deer...both can be whitetails with one being anterless or a whitetail and a mulie....but I am sure you can't kill three deer in region 8.

Correct..... The second Whitetail would have to be taken in another region.

Phoneguy
08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I just got off the phone with Bob Hamilton, CO in Penticton.

The answer re General Open Season is correct. General Open Season is just that, for General. The bag limit for the region is as I typed out. Maximum 2 Whitetail, or one White and one Mule. (Maximum 2 deer out of region 8)
So the LEH draw gives me permission to harvest (to a region maximum) above the GENERAL bag limit.

Like Fisher-Dude said.

Thanks for the replies.

James

hannibal
08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
But remember you can take a 3rd deer in another region, because the provincial limit is 3 deer. Take a WT doe and buck in region 8, then take a Mule in region 2 or 3.

Fisher-Dude
08-02-2007, 10:59 AM
But remember you can take a 3rd deer in another region, because the provincial limit is 3 deer. Take a WT doe and buck in region 8, then take a Mule in region 2 or 3.

Actually, one can also shoot 3 whitetails provincially. Phoneguy could shoot 2 in 8 and 1 elsewhere. Those of us without LEHs can shoot 1 in 8, 1 in 3, and 1 in 4/5/6/7A/7B.

Can you imagine having a freezer full of doe and basket whitetail buck meat? 300 pounds of delicate morsels! Yum! :mrgreen:

Walksalot
08-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Boy, getting a LEH draw can make it a bit confusing . Maybe it's best I got FA again this year.

sparkymacker
08-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Boy, getting a LEH draw can make it a bit confusing . Maybe it's best I got FA again this year.

Hahah...yes life is so much simpler when you are hunting the "NIL"