PDA

View Full Version : Looking to rent high end cooler like yeti

On my two feet
09-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Going on a backcountry goat hunt and would like to keep some frozen milk jugs frozen for a week to 10 days just can't swing buying a nice cooler this trip. Does anyone know where I can rent one or is anyone willing to rent one? I live on VI and I'm goin to east kootenays so can stop in lots of place on way.

Thanks for your help!

sako79
09-04-2017, 09:46 AM
When are you planning your trip to the east Kootenays

On my two feet
09-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Leaving sept 15 after work on ferry returning sept.23-24

sako79
09-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Better check with the restrictions before you pack and catch that fairy because right now you're not allowed to go in the East Kootenay backcountry. As of September 2nd at noon this restriction went into effect

On my two feet
09-04-2017, 09:57 AM
My draw is in 4-01a and I can actually get to it from Waterton Alberta u can access the Akamina - Kishinena Provincial Park which u can hunt in so that's my backup plan and hope for lots of rain. Already have time booked and can't turn back

Ron.C
09-04-2017, 10:48 AM
My draw is in 4-01a and I can actually get to it from Waterton Alberta u can access the Akamina - Kishinena Provincial Park which u can hunt in so that's my backup plan and hope for lots of rain. Already have time booked and can't turn back

Sorry my friend, I don't think ice will be your issue. I'm not trying to be a dick, but the current backcountry closure covers the entire SE forest district from the US/Alberta Border clear up to Golden. Doesn't really matter how you access it.

Like I said, not trying to be a dick. Check the BC parks webpage, the Akamina-Kishinea is on the closed list.

sako79
09-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Sorry my friend, I don't think ice will be your issue. I'm not trying to be a dick, but the current backcountry closure covers the entire SE forest district from the US/Alberta Border clear up to Golden. Doesn't really matter how you access it.

Like I said, not trying to be a dick. Check the BC parks webpage, the Akamina-Kishinea is on the closed list.

I don't think you're being a dick I think you're saving some Hunter a lot of wasted time if he went on this hunting trip and it was all closed

On my two feet
09-04-2017, 12:10 PM
No your not being a dick I thought it was vehicle restricted but you are correct it is all access. Both of us are trying to reschedule the time off. How long does everyone think it will be closed?

monasheemountainman
09-04-2017, 12:14 PM
way too many dicks around here

REMINGTON JIM
09-04-2017, 12:58 PM

Including YOU ! :lol: lmao RJ

backcountrybowhunter
09-04-2017, 01:01 PM
I have heard October 2nd From several people

monasheemountainman
09-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Including YOU ! :lol: lmao RJ

for sure! biggest one around!

Lastcar
09-04-2017, 01:34 PM
I was going to give you my address in Vancouver to pick up my two RTIC 65's on your way up.

But our goat hunts may overlap now.

Depending on the timing it may still work out.

PM me your dates once you know. We've got October 16th to the 24th on the calendar as of now.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/roto-molded/RTIC-65-White

Rhyno
09-04-2017, 02:27 PM

I would tend to agree, but don't see an issue on this thread.

As far as I have heard the closure is set to end Oct 2, this is pretty abriturary though...if it's still hot and dry it will be extended, if it rains or really cools off it could end early. Kinda have to wait and see what happens.

steveymoe
09-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Hello
Build yourself a plywood box lined with 2 inch styrofoam. Size this to fit a regular cheap cooler. I did this once and it kept the beer cold for seven days with regular bagged ice in it

Travalanche
09-04-2017, 04:09 PM
No your not being a dick I thought it was vehicle restricted but you are correct it is all access. Both of us are trying to reschedule the time off. How long does everyone think it will be closed?

Been told by my local logger buddy (they are always in the know) that it will be closed until snow stays on the ground. Ministry isn't taking any chances.

srupp
09-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Better check with the restrictions before you pack and catch that fairy because right now you're not allowed to go in the East Kootenay backcountry. As of September 2nd at noon this restriction went into effect

Hmmm heads up save.good on you for catching this and caring enough to speak up well done Sir.
Cheers
Steven

sako79
09-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Hmmm heads up save.good on you for catching this and caring enough to speak up well done Sir.
Cheers
Steven

Yep I have buddy that went up to the east Kootenays for bow season for them to be up there already and then tell them they can't hunt anymore. As far as my opinion goes the government should have been smart enough and put the restrictions on on August 30th not September 2nd

tuner
09-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Yep I have buddy that went up to the east Kootenays for bow season for them to be up there already and then tell them they can't hunt anymore. As far as my opinion goes the government should have been smart enough and put the restrictions on on August 30th not September 2nd

This an NDP government were talking about here, smart plays no part in the equation.

Andrewh
09-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Find the largest 'cheaper' cooler you can find. Coleman extreme etc...

Line it with 1" pink foam and weather stipper from home depot and you are similar to a yeti for a fraction of the cost. Quite a few reviews/comparisons of this set-up compared to a yeti; keeping ice etc - they are basically the same.

Sorry yeti guys and gals:)

jlirot
09-05-2017, 09:00 AM
I've got an RTIC 65 in Vancouver. As long as it comes back in one piece and not too beat to hell I'm happy to lend it to you for a couple chunks of meat (if you're successful) and a decent six pack. Just send me a PM when you know you're schedule. I don't have any goat hunts planned. :lol:

rimfire
09-05-2017, 09:02 AM
for sure! biggest one around!

That's what she said.