PDA

View Full Version : Lower mainland goose hunting

Livewire322
09-03-2017, 11:16 AM
I imagine most of the hardcore guys will be in their blinds hunting for Canadian geese by now.
I usually hunt ducks on boundary bay. I went out last evening for a wander with my shotgun and binoculars looking for honkers but someone was occupying my usual spot and it didn't look like there were and geese flying anyways.
I did hear people shooting but not on the bay.

I've been looking at the maps and was thinking about hunting the south west side of Westham but from what I've read the dykes are private, is that true?

I would go to Pitt marsh but I don't have waders or a skiff, can one access the shooting areas without either?

f350ps
09-03-2017, 07:51 PM
You are correct, the dykes on Westham are private. K

sparkes3
09-04-2017, 07:18 PM
use a boat and set up outside the dykes

BigD_83
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM
I imagine most of the hardcore guys will be in their blinds hunting for Canadian geese by now.
I usually hunt ducks on boundary bay. I went out last evening for a wander with my shotgun and binoculars looking for honkers but someone was occupying my usual spot and it didn't look like there were and geese flying anyways.
I did hear people shooting but not on the bay.

I've been looking at the maps and was thinking about hunting the south west side of Westham but from what I've read the dykes are private, is that true?

I would go to Pitt marsh but I don't have waders or a skiff, can one access the shooting areas without either?

I wouldn't hunt out at Pitt without some sort of boat or a dog. There is not enough land out there, and 95% chance your bird is going to land in water.

kbob
09-11-2017, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't hunt out at Pitt without some sort of boat or a dog. There is not enough land out there, and 95% chance your bird is going to land in water.

I would agree, the past two weekends, it was a battle getting geese to decoy close enough to the river edge to retrieve easily.
Was definitely jealous of the people who had private access in the area, most of the action seemed to be around farms in the WMA and not along the river sadly.
Delta and Ladner was much more fruitful.