PDA

View Full Version : Fraser valley licence for youth

stugatz
08-27-2017, 01:36 PM
My son is 14 years old....got his C.O.R.E done last year and has learned to shoot a 20 real well.
So yesterday we decided to get our fraser valley and migratory out at wholesale in Langley.
So I did mine (fraser valley) and migratory......when it was my sons turn to do, it the young
lady said.....sorry he cant have one, migratory yes but bit not Fraser Valley...besides the fact
she sounded annoyed with my constant questioning of that decision....she didn't have any proof.
Anyways, does anyone know the rules regarding a person younger than 18 that is being accompanied
by an adult being able to get a fraser valley licence?

cheers

John

walks with deer
08-27-2017, 02:08 PM
I had mine when i was young and had to produce it..

I aquired it through my dads insurance..

If your a member of a club you should be able to go through their insurance.

stugatz
08-27-2017, 02:12 PM
he is ......the wholesale sports people didn't want to give him one, despite the fact that he is covered....in fact he read a part in the back of the fraser valley brochure that said that he didn't need it.... I don't know i am confusedi

MichelD
08-27-2017, 04:50 PM
It is spelled out on your FVSAH brochure that you picked up when you got your FVSAH licence.

hoochie
08-27-2017, 05:03 PM
A licenced hunter under the age of 18 does not have to obtain a special area hunting licence, but must possess a valid provincial hunting licence, as well as an “Acknowledgement of Responsibility” signed by his or her parent or guardian. Hunters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a licenced hunter 18 years of age or older, and who holds a FVSAH licence and has insurance, but does not (necessarily) have to be the specific person who signed the “Acknowledgement of Responsibility” form.

He falls under your insurance. You're good to go.

stugatz
08-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Well ok.... I figured..... but different sporting goods stores have a different opinion.... that's why I asked thanx