PDA

View Full Version : Drive to Fort Nelson

Crazy_Farmer
08-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Just checking how the highways have been through region 5 and northbound ? Will be going from Fraser valley to fort Nelson in a week.

Did the drive before in a day left at 4am and pulled into town 9pm. But considering the fires and highways wanted to see if anyone had done the same drive.

Thanks guys!

squamishhunter
08-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Some rough sections, minor delays, and construction between John and nelly. Been noticing more deer just north of sikanni than usual. Keep your headlights on.

Johnny G1
08-24-2017, 09:26 PM
They tell me that there will be paving @ Pink Mountain next week, other than that good road except for a gravel section north of Dawson, took my windshield out in June of this yr.

RiverOtter
08-24-2017, 10:20 PM
Go the Chetwynd/Hudson Hope route. Was smooth sailing a couple weeks ago. Was seal coating construction between John and Nelson.
We did the Yellow Head through Valemount, so no idea on your route to Prince.

f350ps
08-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Just checking how the highways have been through region 5 and northbound ? Will be going from Fraser valley to fort Nelson in a week.

Did the drive before in a day left at 4am and pulled into town 9pm. But considering the fires and highways wanted to see if anyone had done the same drive.

Thanks guys!
Yer not leaving before next Saturday are you Adam? :) K. If so, I'll cover ya! :)

Crazy_Farmer
08-25-2017, 05:39 AM
Thanks guys.

And Kelly, no we leave Monday so we'll be here for opener. How's the bog geese doing.

Angus
08-25-2017, 09:44 AM
If you are driving from Chetwynd towards Dawson, cut off the 97 at the Braden Road (259 Road). Head north on the Braden and it spits you out north of Dawson, north of the Kiskatinaw River bridge, on the way to Fort St. John. Saves at least 30 to 45 min of travel time. The Braden is paved and takes you through the Sunset Prairie area.

f350ps
08-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys.

And Kelly, no we leave Monday so we'll be here for opener. How's the bog geese doing.
No shortage of birds but hard to pin down, the barley is coming off everyday, they're just following the combines! K

f350ps
08-25-2017, 10:47 AM
If you are driving from Chetwynd towards Dawson, cut off the 97 at the Braden Road (259 Road). Head north on the Braden and it spits you out north of Dawson, north of the Kiskatinaw River bridge, on the way to Fort St. John. Saves at least 30 to 45 min of travel time. The Braden is paved and takes you through the Sunset Prairie area.
Thanks Angus, I'll give that a whirl when I head up there next month! K