PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan River kootenays access.

uraarchr
08-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Buddy wants to go up there is the Sullivan or Sullivan Bush far open to there?It's been at least loong time since I was there

uraarchr
08-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Oops.the Sullivan FSR

uraarchr
08-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Nobody been in there lately?

Seeker
08-28-2017, 12:31 PM
I was up there 2 years ago for a grizzly draw. A long ways back. This may sound like common sense, but if you chose to go, make sure you have extra fuel and spare tire(s). There is a road that allows access to the Sullivan river drainage, but it is not the old road that travels along Kinbasket, that one has been damaged by ground water and a huge section has sank 4 ft down the bank right as the roads begins to swing around into the Sullivan arm. People have accessed it with quads, but one look says not a good idea for much heavier vehicles. The road may not even be there now. Regardless if you check out google, there is a bye pass route a few kilometers back that goes up and over. I would be shocked if you saw anyone in there. Good luck.

uraarchr
08-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Thanks Seeker for the info.I went in there years ago and so did my buddy.ya it's a long haul

Greenthumbed
08-28-2017, 08:57 PM
The Bush FSR was deactivated at the 115 km in 2005. The Sullivan FSR is at the 145km. The Bush FSR is a great road to the Harbour at about the 40 km. Beyond that it eats truck tires for breakfast! Bring at least two spares if you are heading up there. It's wild country up there. Absolutely beautiful! I used to work up that way a bit.

Salvelinus
08-29-2017, 02:01 PM
I've seen people barging quads across from red rock, but not sure if they were going up the Sullivan.

Bugle M In
08-29-2017, 02:39 PM
does this link help???
http://www.explor8ion.com/hikes/king-edward-approach.html