PDA

View Full Version : "Shoot selfies not amamals" face boo

WWBC
08-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Has anyone else been enjoying this hijacked PITA campaign all over face book? PITA's idea was to have face book users use their "frame" to spread an anti hunting message.

It seems to have backfired....

Blainer
08-24-2017, 03:56 PM
I'm seeing it

WWBC
08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Link because I don't know how to post pictures

http://theresurgent.com/hunters-epicly-troll-petas-shoot-selfies-not-animals-facebook-filter-with-wild-game-pictures/

Wentrot
08-24-2017, 04:00 PM
Didnt back fire one bit. They are getting their name spread like wildfire.

Bugle M In
08-24-2017, 04:34 PM
Maybe we should be posting up pictures of a "whole in the ground, with an animal standing there, looking like
it just lost it's home, and a bike beside it saying, you don't get this without doing that"!??

Beachcomber
08-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Didnt back fire one bit. They are getting their name spread like wildfire.

I suppose that is true in the sense that the only thing worse than people saying bad things about you is people saying nothing about you. But hard to argue that peta will be pleased with this outcome.

VFX_man
08-24-2017, 04:42 PM
The dirty secret they don't want you to know . . .

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Bugle M In
08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Keep supporting the "Paleo Diet"!
Show that being Vegan, is not as healthy as they think......

caddisguy
08-24-2017, 09:36 PM
I agree with Mr Wentrot.

As humorous to us as it is, we need to look at it from a neutral point of view, which is "make it or break it" for hunting. And when we look through said view, I can see how it is promoting PETA and giving them high ground for those who do not understand science and conservation (the vast majority as we observed recently with the new grizzly policy which was admittedly based on "social acceptance in 2017" rather than science)

It is funny to us yes and it might feel like one is "sticking it to PETA" in doing so, but it is quite the opposite. It is PR gain for them. There are much better ways to destroy PETA, namely scientific biological facts. That is where we have the moral high ground as nature lovers and true conservationists and it is the only way to keep the upper hand. Let's not lose our composure and slide backwards in the eyes of neutral observers.

Keep in mind, we live in a world now where the masses think it is a positive thing for companies to hire 50-75% of employees out of 2% of applicants based on race and gender (*cough*google*cough*) and to suggest "otherwise" is racist/sexist. That is how brainwashed and backwards we are going. It is ALL about PR. We need to understand the social and political environment we are dealing with. It is not favorable. We need to be more strategic in our message. A dead animal framed with a PETA advertisment is about as far as you can get from strategic. PETA scored with these pictures and is already using them to their advantage. I am quite certain they will be able to pull off mainstream news publicity from it. Imagine how good this frame battle will look when globalist propaganda outlets whether it be the Vancouver Sun, CBC or CNN cover this fiasco with their usual social engineering spin?

bigwhiteys
08-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Comical yes, but from an Internet Marketing point of view (this is what I do for a living) they are getting massive exposure and link popularity out of this, and even worse (for us) the photos will offend some of the anti-crowd enough that if they haven't heard of "P" yet, they surely have now and may even give them money. We need to make our own frame for People Eating Tasty Animals. I have a programmer and a designer who can do it, lol.

Piperdown
08-25-2017, 06:48 AM
Comical yes, but from an Internet Marketing point of view (this is what I do for a living) they are getting massive exposure and link popularity out of this, and even worse (for us) the photos will offend some of the anti-crowd enough that if they haven't heard of "P" yet, they surely have now and may even give them money. We need to make our own frame for People Eating Tasty Animals. I have a programmer and a designer who can do it, lol.

Great idea i say go for it

WWBC
08-25-2017, 07:12 AM
Hey Caddis guy,

Well written....& from a 10,000 foot view of the situation I think your correct.
Trouble is-- At the surface I think the motivation is mostly people seeing a novel way to share their hunting pictures and take a funny jab at pita at the same time. It's tempting not join in and feels good I'm sure. Interestingly, I saw more supporting comments/ likes from people I'd never expected would support or accept hunting than not. Actually zero negative. So there seems to be an appetite and curiosity out there. Maybe if the message was more tackfull it would be positive PR....

caddisguy
08-25-2017, 12:24 PM
While I do agree that there will be some positive feedback as many will have supportive friends (though disgusted friends tend to stay silent and avoid controversy) I still believe it is causing a lot more collateral damage with the silent majority.
Should this gain exposure from a high level (mainstream news) it will be a carefully crafted hit piece, using the most unappealing photos among the thousands that have been provided.

There is certainly merit to what you are saying but overall I still believe it was more damaging than good. I could be right or wrong, but either way I am glad we are discussing it.

BCHoyt
08-26-2017, 07:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fSf6XXV.jpg

IslandBC
08-26-2017, 07:37 AM
While I do agree that there will be some positive feedback as many will have supportive friends (though disgusted friends tend to stay silent and avoid controversy) I still believe it is causing a lot more collateral damage with the silent majority.
Should this gain exposure from a high level (mainstream news) it will be a carefully crafted hit piece, using the most unappealing photos among the thousands that have been provided.

There is certainly merit to what you are saying but overall I still believe it was more damaging than good. I could be right or wrong, but either way I am glad we are discussing it.
Yep ! Agreed .. the only ones who will find it funny are hunters. The general public who don't know anything about hunting will see it as if PETA took someone's hunting picture and through a "shoot selfies not animals (like this asshole)"..