PDA

View Full Version : Peace Region

aaron_smyth101
08-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Hi there,
I'm considering bringing my family up to the Peace region to go on a week long hunting trip. I live in Merritt BC, region 3, and am considering making the trip up to the Laird River area either this September or next, most likely next so I can make a couple of solo trips to kind of get a bearing on the area. So, my question is what type of area should I be looking for to hunt moose or caribou. I only hunt deer so I was thinking of going to an area where the moose population is a little larger might give us a better chance to atleast see a moose, even if we don't bag one. I was browsing the regs and saw that there was also a caribou season so I figured I might as well ask about them too. Any suggestions on what type of area I should be looking into would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any information.
Aaron

camo-redneck
08-24-2017, 09:34 PM
Hey there. Just a heads up. This site used to be good. People used to help each other. It's kinda like the theme of workplace .,, everyone wants to hire someone with experience but no one wants to give anyone any experience. Pm me and I can help out you in the right direction.

08-24-2017, 09:39 PM
People still willing to help ....... Check your PMs

f350ps
08-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Hey there. Just a heads up. This site used to be good. People used to help each other. It's kinda like the theme of workplace .,, everyone wants to hire someone with experience but no one wants to give anyone any experience. Pm me and I can help out you in the right direction.
Seriously, you've been on this site for five years and have 24 posts and most are asking for info and you respond like that?? Thanks for building the rapport! K

camo-redneck
08-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Yes your right. Pm'd many people. Had MANY people from this site shoot moose and deer on MY property. Took many first timers out and helped them harvest their first animal......

Quince
08-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Havent hunted up there but did a winter trip that was awesome with seeing moose, elk, caribou, wolves and the biggest ram ive ever seen. Hotsprings are a good side trip with family if you have a chance. Oh and watch out for the bison on the road as their eyes dont reflect at night

camo-redneck
08-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Pretty quiet now eh wise guy

Salty
08-28-2017, 06:23 PM
I think you'll find on most sites someone with more than one post that's contributed a bit will stir more comment. But thanks for telling the world how it is on HBC with your epic past record there camo :???:

I don't have any recent experience up quite that far aaron but this time of year look for water and sign of moose coming and going. A bench or two up from rivers, around swamps and lakes. Go from there ;)

campking
08-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi Aaron;
Don't worry about some of the negative stuff you will experience when you post it has happened to me numerous times!
I have been up that way on a fly in but we saw lots of game on the way up, find yourself a good vantage point overlooking a river or pond/slough and try calling for moose (don't over call)
and you may get lucky, saw lots of caribou right along the highway. We went past the hots springs a ways (around 1/2 hour) took a road to the right and saw several moose and a couple of hunters packing out game from the river.
I agree with Quince the hots springs are in my opinion a must if you have time your family will really enjoy them!
Good Luck!

eric
08-28-2017, 08:45 PM
Not to many places to get off the highway for hunting up around Liard.
There is a quad trail, past the bridge that crosses the Liard before the hotsprings to your right off the highway.
I have not hunted along there so can't give you any specifics.
Are you going to use a quad ?
This trail is in the Muskwa kechika managment area I do believe, best to double check before hand.
Good luck in your search for info.

danwar3
08-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Just heading back from 7-51 Muskwa Kechika Area today.. currently in a pub in fort Nelson.

I got all the best maps that show you the authorized trails that I'd be happy to share. Send me a PM with any questions I'd be happy to help.

Last 5 years my crew has pulled 8 moose from the Muskwa area including a 6x6 yesterday