PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Poll - Let your voice be heard

Derp
08-15-2017, 11:14 AM
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/daily-poll-are-you-happy-with-b-c-ndp-plan-to-ban-grizzly-trophy-hunt

Show your support for the hunt! I was fortunate to get my first grizz this spring and would hate to see this sustainable hunt be destroyed based on emotions. Might be too late for now until the next election, but let's not go down without a fight.

monasheemountainman
08-15-2017, 11:20 AM
its a biased ****in poll too just a bunch of horse shit

Stone Sheep Steve
08-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Man, that's dumb wording for a yes or no poll.

Derp
08-15-2017, 11:29 AM
yeah it's not the greatest worded poll but at least something.

Perhaps a better fight would be for the hunting community to start a new religion that calls for the hunting of grizzlies (for keeps/ no meats). The NDP don't want to look like bigots do they?

BCBRAD
08-15-2017, 11:36 AM
I guess when governments cut the funding for good wildlife resource management......this is what you get, conservation/wildlife science run by special interest groups that have PHD's in emotion that are bent on everyone sharing their skewed sense of reality.

The NDP are now posed to take full advantage of of decades of poor funding (which begets lack of solid scientific knowledge of the wildlife resource and its sustainability that leads to many people 'believing' in emotional based reporting that is generally fact free).

This day has been coming a long time, the lack of adequate funding is now bearing fruit, as public opinion has not been given the facts.

The percentage of vegans in the mix is low. So these pork thingy chompers need to look up into the mirror to see the hypocrites as they are.

rimfire
08-15-2017, 11:53 AM
The province will close “loopholes” by forbidding a meat hunter from possessing the paws, head, and hide of a grizzly to ensure trophy hunts are not conducted under the guise of a meat hunt, he added.

So you have to leave it in the bush to rot? That seems like a huge waste. At the very least they could allow us to take it out and donate it or something.

So where does this leave black bears?

This sounds a helluva lot like political meandering and not logical, scientific decision making. And the left likes to say the other side is the anti-science party...

sapper
08-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Discussion on the issue right now on CBC radio. These comments by Minister Donaldson are what concerns me, "... a broader consultation process on a renewed wildlife management strategy for the province." Rather nebulous.
Andrew Weaver right now calling out the NDP on it being a political ploy and that the NDP have not consulted with BCWF and FN groups.

BCBRAD
08-15-2017, 01:27 PM
So you have to leave it in the bush to rot? That seems like a huge waste. At the very least they could allow us to take it out and donate it or something.

So where does this leave black bears?

This sounds a helluva lot like political meandering and not logical, scientific decision making. And the left likes to say the other side is the anti-science party...

They are NEXT

rimfire
08-15-2017, 01:37 PM
They are NEXT

Better get my rug this year then!

WWBC
08-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Brutal Options... It's not a money/Jobs issue.

I'm against the new ban because it's based on emotions not science. Also, food hunting and not being allowed to utilize the pelt is wasteful. The animals deserve better.

twoSevenO
08-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Food hunting? People actually eat grizzly bears?

Ride Red
08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Food hunting? People actually eat grizzly bears?

Great hams and sausage/pepperoni.

bloody bellies
08-15-2017, 03:39 PM
the NDP make absolutely no sense, why would one leave the pelt and the head? if you must take the meat, why would you not take the hide and head, taking this generates more jobs and money back into society, for example getting the rugs and mounts done creates jobs, what a bunch of CLOWNS

rocksteady
08-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Most voters do not understand the dynamics of a sustained harvest in order to keep a healthy thriving population. They just see the cute cuddly griz and think it's endangered (cause that is what Sierra Club, Peta, Paul Watson) has been saying...

Look at the blowback from Cecil the lion being killed..

Public response is knee jerk reactions without analysis or understanding.

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
08-15-2017, 06:04 PM
its a biased ****in poll too just a bunch of horse shit

I guess when governments cut the funding for good wildlife resource management......this is what you get, conservation/wildlife science run by special interest groups that have PHD's in emotion that are bent on everyone sharing their skewed sense of reality.

The NDP are now posed to take full advantage of of decades of poor funding (which begets lack of solid scientific knowledge of the wildlife resource and its sustainability that leads to many people 'believing' in emotional based reporting that is generally fact free).

This day has been coming a long time, the lack of adequate funding is now bearing fruit, as public opinion has not been given the facts.

The percentage of vegans in the mix is low. So these pork thingy chompers need to look up into the mirror to see the hypocrites as they are.

Brutal Options... It's not a money/Jobs issue.

I'm against the new ban because it's based on emotions not science. Also, food hunting and not being allowed to utilize the pelt is wasteful. The animals deserve better.

Pretty much everyone here has it right! "trophy hunting" is a lieberal term antis use to control the debate, not real or legitimate terminology.

This is horrible news and is simply unilateral bullshit.. Of course the VS is fake news so maybe the leaving the pelt to rot thing won't transpire. Plenty of folks right here on HBC saw this coming WAY ahead and spoke out vehemently against the alt-left running BC. Well you voted for them so enjoy the ban! I am extremely disappointed, cuckada and BC are now more cuck'd than ever before with no sign of relent.