PDA

View Full Version : Help for my last grizzly hunt 7-2

GWG
08-14-2017, 05:57 PM
If anyone could please give me any information on grizzly in 7-2. I would really appreciate it. I have a boat if that helps me. Normally I would just do as much ground work as I can but with the ban now in effect I really need some help. Thanks

Rampager
08-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Are you aware that grizzly hunting will remain legal as long as you take the meat?

08-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Are you aware that grizzly hunting will remain legal as long as you take the meat?

Wrong. The hide will rot the on the ground

srupp
08-14-2017, 08:03 PM
If anyone could please give me any information on grizzly in 7-2. I would really appreciate it. I have a boat if that helps me. Normally I would just do as much ground work as I can but with the ban now in effect I really need some help. Thanks

I have some experience with grizzlies..send a pm with phone number..I will call and try to help.
Cheers
Srupp

tikkahunter
08-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Take Srupp up on his offer!!!! I have spent a fair amount of time hunting 7-2. Tough area to hunt. Seen a few grizz around, just never been able to get to them due to being across rivers. A huge number of roads shown on maps no longer exist, and bridges washed out. I'm sure srupp knows more than I do .

Wild one
08-15-2017, 08:48 AM
Know the area well and have hunted grizz there multiple times

Quad is a big help as access is limited beyond what maps show

Boat is good if you time the Kokanee run

when get home in a couple days I will PM you

F you NDP

Wild one
08-21-2017, 09:50 AM
PM sent good luck

snipersights
08-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Hope you get one post some pics good luck man. I'll still continue to enter the leh even if it's meat only.

srupp
08-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Hmm called 4 or 5 times..left messages.

Wild one
08-21-2017, 12:13 PM
Hmm called 4 or 5 times..left messages.

Hope you reach him as your grizz knowledge is valuable. Always happy to see your offers helping with grizz. Talking with you years back gave me a real jump start on understanding grizz. Got to give you credit Steve and thanks for my start

Sent him info on the area and spots for grizz. More than I normally would give up do to the new laws I was generous lol

If he can combined info from the 2 of us and invests the time I would say success rate should be high