PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Binoculars

Seth
07-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Anyone own these and have an opinion on them? I'm looking at the Magellan which as far as I can tell are there top of the line model. I was comparing them to the Nikon, and even though the Nikon were $100 more I honestly found the clarity of the Nikon to be worse than the Olympus.

propfwd
08-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Nikon and Olympus are the Japanese equivalents to Ziess and Swarovski in Europe when it comes to optics as they are the big two for industrial, camera, sports glass. I am not saying wheather they are equal in quality but if they are selling as much optical equipment to labs and industrial inspection companies they are good. Their are only I beleive three optical lense manufacturers in Japan and they are two of them.

Seth
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Yaeh, I went ahead and bought the Nikon Monarch's in 10x40 from the states beacuase they were $140 cheaper than here. I couln'd be happier with them.

Bow Walker
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I just bought a pair of Vortex binos - 8.5x50 - for $300.00 Cdn. Brand new. Here in Victoria. Better price than south of the 49th.

And - it was their regular price to boot, not a sale price.

8.5 power binos are the highest legal power that is allowed at sanctioned 3D shoots.

These 8.5x50 binos are very bright and clear. I suggest that they are every bit as good as my 10x42 Bushnell pair that I no longer use.