PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cuervosail
08-14-2017, 03:05 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/plan-to-end-grizzly-trophy-hunting-in-bc-announced-1.4247060

cuervosail
08-14-2017, 03:08 PM
A few more details ...

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0232-001442

Steeleco
08-14-2017, 03:09 PM
You just had to know it was coming, NDP did way back right before they got punted. What's next is what concerns me?

Cyrus
08-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Moose will be next.

BigfishCanada
08-14-2017, 03:13 PM
****ing bullshit

Iron Glove
08-14-2017, 03:23 PM
So we knew they were going to end all grizzly hunting in the "Great Bear Forest" as did the Liberals, so it's the banning of the "Trophy" hunt that is the NDP's big play then, right?
Does the "Trophy Hunt" ban then mean that you must haul out the meat ?
Many even on this site seemed in favour of that ??

rimfire
08-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Official Government Release.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0232-001442

"While the trophy hunt will end, hunting for meat will be allowed to continue."

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

Asco
08-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Ok so the northeast hunt continues. So I can tell the wife I do need a 340 weatherby.

And the eco tourists over time will discover that the gentle giants no longer see humans as a threat and
a bunch of them as well as hunters and locals will get mauled in the ever expanding "great bear rainforest"

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 03:52 PM
And the attack on the rural lifestyle, resource livelihood and BC interior continues.

albravo2
08-14-2017, 03:52 PM
I was just thinking about how delicious some grizzly smokies would taste.

bloody bellies
08-14-2017, 03:54 PM
wonder if the people using GO will HAVE to take the meat, or will the GO give away the meat to the needy, betchya the meat does not go with the person shooting the bear.

hunter1947
08-14-2017, 03:55 PM
NDP are a bad they sit in the big rooms and don't know what is out in the woods ,,grizzly bears are on the increase ,,NDP will never get my vote and they say wolf are the next to be protected ,,they don't have a cleu on what the wolf population will do if there is a ban on wolf hunting ,,they the NDP need to ask montana wildlife management on what wolfs will do to decrease the prey,,BC gave a dozen wolves to montana wildlife department years back because there were no wolves within some parts of Montana it only took a decade for the wolf to populate in big number the game animals lowered to low numbers,,what is going to happen next ???? maybe they should go back to school to get educated on nature's way of life ,,man and women have screwed up the whole world so banning trophy grizzly bear hunts is one of them and wolfs next ??? guess we will have to take the meat out and eat it when we shoot and put down a wolf???and what's the difference on trophy hunting LEH grizzly hunt ???? no different in my books once a hunter shoots a bear of any type its dead only difference is that now a hunter does not have to take out any portions of the meat from a grizzly but have to take out the meat from a BB ,,if it is implemented that a hunter has to take out a percentage of the grizzly bear meat the hunter will dispose of the meat and keep it under there hat meaning cooking up the meat and giving it to their dogs or other ways to rid the meat without anyone knowing about it,,if they implement that the skull and hide has to be turned into management only meat was allowed for the hunter I as for one will not apply for an LEH grizzly hunt let's face it hunters want the skull and hide that's what harvesting a grizzly is all about,,no for me if this ruling comes in effect I will hunt elsewhere out of canada..I just don't get it..

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Good, grizzly bear hunting will continue. It'll just have meat retention rules.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:01 PM
So we knew they were going to end all grizzly hunting in the "Great Bear Forest" as did the Liberals, so it's the banning of the "Trophy" hunt that is the NDP's big play then, right?

yes, meat retention is a good thing.

Fisher-Dude
08-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Good, grizzly bear hunting will continue. It'll just have meat retention rules.

It will mean you can't keep the hide, skull, or any other part of the bear.

kebes
08-14-2017, 04:07 PM
yes, meat retention is a good thing.

Indeed. Perhaps coyotes and wolves next.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:10 PM
I'm very proud to be an NDP supporter today!

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Indeed. Perhaps coyotes and wolves next.

Good idea, I posted a recipe on here not long ago.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:14 PM

I know, and it's a good thing. We wouldn't want people pretending to be hunting them for the wrong reasons.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 04:18 PM
****ing bullshit
What's bullshit about that???

srupp
08-14-2017, 04:20 PM
WhileE=Fisher-Dude;1926877]It will mean you can't keep the hide, skull, or any other part of the bear.[/QUOTE]

While I believe that's where they are headed, the current legislative requirements declare that once tagged legally the wildlife ceases to be a crown item and belongs to the hunter.
Indeed 99.% but not all hunters would stop hunting IMO if the skull, hide had to be abandoned in the wild or turned in for fitted to crown for destruction?

Question..does this mean ALL guided hunts for residents, and non residents is now for meat only after Nov 30?
So guy drops $20,000 flies to BC from wherever just to only be allowed to take the meat home? Hide, skull gets turned in, destroyed?
Those hunts just became worthless..hunters will ignore BC and head to Alaska , Yukon.
Who was the complete dip $ hit cheering for NDP on hunting site.seriously?
Srupp

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:21 PM
What's bullshit about that???

Maybe because it's frustrating to not be able to keep the cape. It seems necessary though.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 04:21 PM
I'm very proud to be an NDP supporter today! I far from support the NDP, but I do agree with this one whole heartedly.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 04:25 PM
WhileE=Fisher-Dude;1926877]It will mean you can't keep the hide, skull, or any other part of the bear.

While I believe that's where they are headed, the current legislative requirements declare that once tagged legally the wildlife ceases to be a crown item and belongs to the hunter.
Indeed 99.% but not all hunters would stop hunting IMO if the skull, hide had to be abandoned in the wild or turned in for fitted to crown for destruction?

Question..does this mean ALL guided hunts for residents, and non residents is now for meat only after Nov 30?
So guy drops $20,000 flies to BC from wherever just to only be allowed to take the meat home? Hide, skull gets turned in, destroyed?
Those hunts just became worthless..hunters will ignore BC and head to Alaska , Yukon.
Srupp[/QUOTE]

I can't hunt and be an NDP supporter? Of course I can. NDP...woo-hoo!

Fisher-Dude
08-14-2017, 04:27 PM

Srupp

They'll use the same criteria as gall bladders to confiscate the head and skull, so that will override the transfer of ownership to the hunter.

08-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Oh but those NDPers living in there condos are happy and thats where the votes come from.The interior of this province is going to be completely forgotten.I feel the way about the LML as the west feels about Toronto

303savage
08-14-2017, 04:34 PM
I don't know anybody that have eaten grizzly, did natives eat them?

hunter1947
08-14-2017, 04:35 PM
I don't know anybody that have eaten grizzly, did natives eat them?

I know dogs will eat the meat..

Fisher-Dude
08-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Oh but those NDPers living in there condos are happy and thats where the votes come from.The interior of this province is going to be completely forgotten.I feel the way about the LML as the west feels about Toronto

Divisive politics. It's the modus operandi of the left.

The NDP turned public opinion strongly against hunters in return for votes in this election. A city slicker doesn't know the difference between a trophy hunter and a moose meat hunter, and the NDP (and Weaver) preyed on that by throwing us all under the bus. The city slicker was just reminded that all hunters are bloodthirsty savages.

Hell, even Weaver himself described us as "barbaric" yet some dopes on here were dumb enough to vote for him.

srupp
08-14-2017, 04:40 PM
I far from support the NDP, but I do agree with this one whole heartedly.

Hmm then you do not know some of the benifit s that come from hunting grizzlies..
Taking out old male bears saves countless young cubs that get killed so the female will come back into heat for passing his genes on..
Grizzlies have come to recognize negative impact of interacting with humans when hunting is in place..now grizzlies will come to realize no impact from humans with just 3 cameras strung around their necks..other than humans are delicious. .
In a eco system with grizzlies being top apex predator..they can live to 30 years..grizzlies do not do well in close contact with other bears., canabalism"..chasing younger bears out of older bears range into..? Certainly more conflict with humans..ranchers..rural populations..not anywhere NDP represent..
Populations should be based on a balance..not for economic benifit of couple coastal native groups.
There have been reported that there are in excess of 150 SURPLUS grizzlies over optimal carrying capacities in the lower Bella Coola valley..that dangerous situation will rapidly develop in all rural areas of bc that historically had grizzly populations..outside of downtown vancouver.
The first individual mauled or killed the familly should go after horgan. .basket weaver. .this decision is not science it is purely political.
Now the next election guides will have incentive to kick the no rain ers out.
Only positive is grizzly numbers will grow, animals will get older, bigger for when reason returns.
In the meantime moose, elk calves will die in greater numbers .
Spent 30 years amongst these magnification animals..this political grandiose decision is not in the bear's, nor humans interest.
Steven

Salty
08-14-2017, 04:41 PM
The list of people interested in hunting grizzly for meat only and not taking one of the biggest resources - the hide will be short. NDGreens have done what they wanted all along in an underhand manner and effectively killed the hunt, for no scientific reason simply to pander to uneducated emotions from urban ridings. Meanwhile in a few years the COs will be killing a hell of a lot of grizzly bears mark my words. In a couple generations and the apex predator will have zero fear of humans. The dumbest move these clowns have made unfortunately it won't be their last. Horgan and Weaver both lied their faces off at the allocation rally I was there and listened carefully. *******s.

lovemywinchester
08-14-2017, 04:48 PM
It will only take a few years before grizzly bears are being killed all over the province by COs, cops, ranchers due to the population increase I am sure. Place another 2500 boars in BC over the next 10 years and see what happens.

Were on the same page Salty.

willyqbc
08-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Damn Salty...its like we're sharing a brain...you just saved me a bunch of typing!

Chris

Ozone
08-14-2017, 05:03 PM
I might just apply, take the meat home, then dump it in the bush just to piss off the NDPeons all legal like.

Mulehahn
08-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Have they actually said you will have to leave the hide/skull? If so, what is the difference between a grizzly and every other animal? I can take a sheep's head, an elk head, a bison head, deer head, moose head, every other animal as far as I know, as long as I take the meat.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:06 PM
I might just apply, take the meat home, then dump it in the bush just to piss off the NDPeons all legal like.

Silly idea. Having a tantrum are we?

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Have they actually said you will have to leave the hide/skull? If so, what is the difference between a grizzly and every other animal? I can take a sheep's head, an elk head, a bison head, deer head, moose head, every other animal as far as I know, as long as I take the meat.

Lol, because grizzlies are largely hunted just for the hide. Are moose? Nope, therefore the rules aren't needed for moose.

.300WSMImpact!
08-14-2017, 05:10 PM

I see we have anti hunters on this forum now,

Salty
08-14-2017, 05:12 PM

That's what I heard on CBC radio news. The difference? People have bought into the spirit bear bullshit and other non scientific supported emotions that grizzlies are king or some bullshit, and they've sold it to the uneducated and the NDGreens are capitalizing on it. They're just another animal, and one that needs to be managed more than any other I can think of. So now you can kill one but not use the fur, that's cruel. WTF? A joke of all jokes of hunting regs world wide IMO

Ozone
08-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Not at all there jasmine.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Not at all there jasmine.

Lol, I'm not Jasmine, and I'm not anti-hunting.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Hmm then you do not know some of the benifit s that come from hunting grizzlies..
Taking out old male bears saves countless young cubs that get killed so the female will come back into heat for passing his genes on..
Grizzlies have come to recognize negative impact of interacting with humans when hunting is in place..now grizzlies will come to realize no impact from humans with just 3 cameras strung around their necks..other than humans are delicious. .
In a eco system with grizzlies being top apex predator..they can live to 30 years..grizzlies do not do well in close contact with other bears., canabalism"..chasing younger bears out of older bears range into..? Certainly more conflict with humans..ranchers..rural populations..not anywhere NDP represent..
Populations should be based on a balance..not for economic benifit of couple coastal native groups.
There have been reported that there are in excess of 150 SURPLUS grizzlies over optimal carrying capacities in the lower Bella Coola valley..that dangerous situation will rapidly develop in all rural areas of bc that historically had grizzly populations..outside of downtown vancouver.
The first individual mauled or killed the familly should go after horgan. .basket weaver. .this decision is not science it is purely political.
Only positive is grizzly numbers will grow, animals will get older, bigger for when reason returns.
Spent 30 years amongst these magnification animals..this political grandiose decision is not in the bear's, nor humans interest.
Steven you'll still be able to hunt them..

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 05:20 PM
I see we have anti hunters on this forum now, Well, in fairness, he was right! It's a silly idea and the guy is obviously upset about this decision! 😥

Walking Buffalo
08-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Lol, because grizzlies are largely hunted just for the hide. Are moose? Nope, therefore the rules aren't needed for moose.

Reflect on the ignorance of this logic....

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:21 PM
That's what I heard on CBC radio news. The difference? People have bought into the spirit bear bullshit and other non scientific supported emotions that grizzlies are king or some bullshit, and they've sold it to the uneducated and the NDGreens are capitalizing on it. They're just another animal, and one that needs to be managed more than any other I can think of. So now you can kill one but not use the fur, that's cruel. WTF? A joke of all jokes of hunting regs world wide IMO

I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Reflect on the ignorance of this logic....

Please explain it in detail. I'm curious to read it.

ROY-alty33
08-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Bad idea based on biased information. Same amount of bears will eventually be killed (if not more) by COs or by those living in remote rural places embracing the 3 S philosophy.

Blainer
08-14-2017, 05:25 PM
I'm very proud to be an NDP supporter today!Im happy for you, but not so happy for the hunting community. The hunting community has a better understanding of conservation, they also supply the biggest financial resources for conservation. They have studied the huge success in Africa and recognize the importance in of predator hunting. This is the first step for the NDP to manage conservation based on the emotion of the many that know little of conservation and the outdoors. It's only a matter of time until they get a love on for sheep, goats, cougar, wolves, coyotes and such. Although the meat is eaten from many of the noted animals, the govt implimented trophy status on some of the noted when hunting, male only, full curl and such.
We as hunters agree with many of these decisions as they were based on science, NOT emotion.
Im glad you feel so proud of your political party, as a hunter, I'm very disappointed, think I best have a cold beer, I'd invite you, but you would hate all the dead animals on my wall. I best call another hunter that likely has some great stories and pictures to share. Good luck this season.

Salty
08-14-2017, 05:27 PM
I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.

Its not about hunters and hunting, only that they are a tool in what's most important, and that's managing the apex predator in our ecosystems. This will cause imbalance and a lot of bears will die because of it. COs have to kill bears now they'll have to kill a hell of a lot more and there will be a lot of bad human encounters and for certain more deaths. Live in the interior or central coast for a spell it might come a little clearer for you.

cpwrestler
So they were concerned about the wastefulness of leaving meat behind so they introduce legislation that encourages wastefulness by forcing hunters to leave behind the hide, skull and claws.

Wolfdown
I think some hunters are making decisions based in emotion. Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes. Exactly my thoughts! I just don't get the outrage here.

180grainer
08-14-2017, 05:29 PM
It is a bewilderment that some on here think this is a good thing. In true leftist form, they believe the meat must be eaten therefore everyone must comply with their beliefs. What have they achieved? Nothing, but forcing a lot of guys to make an extra trip to the dump to get rid of the meat when they get home. The decision has nothing to do with game management. Nothing to do with protecting the species itself. Nothing to do with bettering our environment. It's virtue signalling and moralizing from the pulpit of false superiority, and it's repugnant to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

ROY-alty33
08-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Think it through, this seems like good policy. What are hunters really losing? The experience? No. The meat? No. Some decoration that hangs on the wall and is thrown in the garbage after we get old and go into a home? Yes.
What were you really missing with the long gun registry. You could still own guns you could still buy guns seems like a good policy...(This is sarcasm boys easy) The system isn't broke there is no need for a fix. Legislation not based on the facts of the issue is not good legislation, and will be overturned by someday by a government that is willing to do the research.

Wentrot
08-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Wow......stupid decision pandering to the ignorant.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:32 PM
So they were concerned about the wastefulness of leaving meat behind so they introduce legislation that encourages wastefulness by forcing hunters to leave behind the hide, skull and claws.

Why can't some of you understand the reason for this? It's to prevent people from lying about their intentions when they hunt grizz. Allowing the retention of these items provides an out for people who would be purely trophy hunting.

bearvalley
08-14-2017, 05:33 PM
There's still a lot of questions to be answered as to what they're calling the end of the grizzly trophy hunt.
If the change is implementing meat retention to bring the grizzly hunt into parallel with the current black bear regulations it can be looked as a win by all.
In the official announcement it reads that "During the fall months, Donaldson said the government will consult with First Nations and stakeholder groups to determine next steps and mechanisms as B.C. moves toward ending the trophy hunt".
One thing to keep in mind is that not all FN's want to see the grizzly hunt ended. Some have identified grizzlies as needing to be managed and hunting is a form of management.
Other stakeholder groups feel the same.
In a relatively small portion of BC there is high value in grizzly viewing and a closure makes some sense. As I've said before the bear viewing industry should assume the cost of managing these bears as they will become "essentially their bears".
In much of this province the bear viewing industry is not viable and a complete closure or meat only law will turn the grizzly bear into basically a nuisance.
In the end it will hurt the grizzly.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 05:38 PM
It is a bewilderment that some on here think this is a good thing. In true leftist form, they believe the meat must be eaten therefore everyone must comply with their beliefs. What have they achieved? Nothing, but forcing a lot of guys to make an extra trip to the dump to get rid of the meat when they get home. The decision has nothing to do with game management. Nothing to do with protecting the species itself. Nothing to do with bettering our environment. It's virtue signalling and moralizing from the pulpit of false superiority, and it's repugnant to anyone with two brain cells to rub together. Stay Salty

338win mag
08-14-2017, 05:38 PM

My son and I are reading this together and this is what he said to me^^^^^

Weird, I dont get it, if they said take the meat with everything else....I can understand that, but not the logic behind leaving the fur, skull, and claws....no logic here with this decision.

No logic because its about votes.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:40 PM

Weird, I dont get it, if they said take the meat with everything else....I can understand that, but not the logic behind leaving the fur, skull, and claws....no logic here with this decision.

No logic because its about votes.

Think it through. Why does this need to be this way?

LYKTOHUNT
08-14-2017, 05:43 PM

What hunters are losing is the ability to hunt, with a government like these clowns its just a step in eliminating all hunting, when you vote NDP you vote for no hunting.
They are just taking it one step at a time

Hunting guy
08-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Island Wanderer

Re: Grizzly Hunt Banned?

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by LYKTOHUNT http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1926920#post1926920)
Just saw that on CBC news,for those hunters that voted NDP here starts the erosion of our hunting heritage and rights, very sad

Hunting heritage? I thought we were supposed to make decisions based in science not emotion.

When in doubt, just pin it.

Your post from the other thread on this topic..... where is the science in a campaign promise?

Salty
08-14-2017, 05:45 PM
Why can't some of you understand the reason for this? It's to prevent people from lying about their intentions when they hunt grizz. Allowing the retention of these items provides an out for people who would be purely trophy hunting.

Why can't you understand why they hunt grizzly is irrelevant, setting sustainable hunting limits is all that matters.

I'm good with requirement to use the meat but not good with the requirement to waste the hide and skull.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Island Wanderer

Re: Grizzly Hunt Banned?

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by LYKTOHUNT http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1926920#post1926920)
Just saw that on CBC news,for those hunters that voted NDP here starts the erosion of our hunting heritage and rights, very sad

Hunting heritage? I thought we were supposed to make decisions based in science not emotion.

When in doubt, just pin it.

Your post from the other thread on this topic..... where is the science in a campaign promise?

I was being sarcastic. I actually think that public opinion does matter.

yamadirt 426
08-14-2017, 05:47 PM
This site is so full of antis and has gone completely PC. It's too bad management couldn't see it coming.

tigrr
08-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Old Moose hunters had a shoot on sight grizzly policy for many years in my area. They are mostly gone now and it is not uncommon to see 5 to 7 grizzly's a fall in the last few seasons. They come to the gut piles. Wish the old timers were still around. I like that 3 S's philosophy Roy.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Why can't you understand why they hunt grizzly is irrelevant, setting sustainable hunting limits is all that matters.

I'm good with requirement to use the meat but not good with the requirement to waste the hide and skull.

Because killing an animal solely for a trophy seems wasteful.

338win mag
08-14-2017, 05:50 PM
It doesn't.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 05:52 PM

No logic because its about votes. That is exactly what they're trying to avoid!!!!! If you allow hunters to take skull, claws, fur etc then it loses its entire purpose. They don't want you taking that stuff.. if you want to hunt a grizzly fine, but you're taking the meat and the fur isn't going on your wall. It's completely logical looking at it from their angle.

bearvalley
08-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Do we throw away all wolf, coyote, cougar, lynx and wolverine hides, skulls and claws?
Which of these species will become the next "icon".
My bet is it'll be the wolf.

IslandWanderer
It doesn't.

It's because some will simply turf the meat when they get home because all they really wanted was the trophy. This policy prevents that from occurring.

Salty

Its a legally harvested bear do you think he cares why he was killed? It just doesn't matter the bear is dead. I can understand requiring using the meat as was done with black bear some years back, but wasting the hide and rest of the animal is just stupid and an underhanded way of achieving the end of this hunt for no conservation or other scientific reason.

Wolfdown

Sustainable limits is fine! What benefit to you is the hide and skull?! I'd love to know.

Red_Mist
There's still a lot of questions to be answered as to what they're calling the end of the grizzly trophy hunt.
If the change is implementing meat retention to bring the grizzly hunt into parallel with the current black bear regulations it can be looked as a win by all.
In the official announcement it reads that "During the fall months, Donaldson said the government will consult with First Nations and stakeholder groups to determine next steps and mechanisms as B.C. moves toward ending the trophy hunt".
One thing to keep in mind is that not all FN's want to see the grizzly hunt ended. Some have identified grizzlies as needing to be managed and hunting is a form of management.
Other stakeholder groups feel the same.
In a relatively small portion of BC there is high value in grizzly viewing and a closure makes some sense. As I've said before the bear viewing industry should assume the cost of managing these bears as they will become "essentially their bears".
In much of this province the bear viewing industry is not viable and a complete closure or meat only law will turn the grizzly bear into basically a nuisance.
In the end it will hurt the grizzly.

Good post. Hopefully some common sense will prevail and hide/head can be retained. Otherwise there would no longer be CI, which would also hurt the species. The larger problem is this premise of meat retention being the center of logic to allow hunting. If it starts getting applied to all predators, well then all the ungulates are in trouble. This in effect is a re branding of what hunting is by anti hunters, with the ultimate goal being a ban on all hunting.

180grainer
08-14-2017, 05:55 PM
And you're entitled to your opinion. What you're not entitled to is forcing others to comply with your moral code. The hunt is sustainable and a valuable management tool. The hunt generates jobs and money for BC'rs and the government. If the NDP really wanted to protect the bear, they'd have designated all monies from the hunt to bear research and habitat enhancement. And they would designate funding to law enforcement. But what they really did is just force their moral opinions onto everyone else in an attempt to make themselves look good.

IslandWanderer
Do we throw away all wolf, coyote, cougar, lynx and wolverine hides, skulls and claws?
Which of these species will become the next "icon".
My bet is it'll be the wolf.

I think so too. Maybe this policy should include those critters as well.

LYKTOHUNT
I was being sarcastic. I actually think that public opinion does matter.

Hunting is our heritage , we need science to manage conservation.
I do not hunt grizzlies and do not plan to, however I do get "emotional " when I see deliberate and covert steps to end hunting

Ozone
08-14-2017, 05:57 PM
That is exactly what they're trying to avoid!!!!! If you allow hunters to take skull, claws, fur etc then it loses its entire purpose. They don't want you taking that stuff.. if you want to hunt a grizzly fine, but you're taking the meat and the fur isn't going on your wall. It's completely logical looking at it from their angle.
Wow, what bullshit new age thinking. Why would you not allow all the useful parts to be taken. You do realize mankind has been using furs since the beginning of mankind right?

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 05:59 PM
That is exactly what they're trying to avoid!!!!! If you allow hunters to take skull, claws, fur etc then it loses its entire purpose. They don't want you taking that stuff.. if you want to hunt a grizzly fine, but you're taking the meat and the fur isn't going on your wall. It's completely logical looking at it from their angle.

Someone agrees with me for once on this site?

Salty
08-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Sustainable limits is fine! What benefit to you is the hide and skull?! I'd love to know.

None to me I don't hunt bears personally but if you don't understand the value and use of fur I won't bother trying to explain it. You in to art? A bear skull is high art afaik but I'm the kind of guy that spent 4 hours in the NY Museum of Natural History and enjoyed it a lot.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:00 PM
It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Wow, what bullshit new age thinking. Why would you not allow all the useful parts to be taken. You do realize mankind has been using furs since the beginning of mankind right?
Sure, they used them to stay warm etc etc! Not to put on their walls! Got a picture of your grizzly hide coat to show me? I didn't think so.

srupp
Hmmm spirit bears..are not grizzlies. , they are a genetic abnormality of the black bear specpressure Hmm in rarity only to the blue glacier bear .
IslandWanderer. .you may have the wrong site..the granola knitters NDP society..is different than HBC..a hunting site.
Very little of taxpayers monies goes into wildlife, much of hunters monies goes to general revenues..plus elk groups sheep groups..etc do far more than governments..
Grizzly bears will expand at least 250 more per year..their growing numbers will dictate a need for more real estate..interactions between grizzlies and humans never ends well for either species.
150 years ago the most highly valuable animal in BC was not moose, deer..it was black bears..meat, fat..for cooking, candles, baking, waterproofing, sinew..hides..
We try and respect each animal we harvest..mule deer hair for flies..hide for leather..antlers for memories or crafts.ie" buttons
But that is a small inexperienced deer..
A majestic adult, mature grizzly. .is deserving of more than tossing the hide, head in the woods or turned in to be destroyed.
I have eaten mountain grizzly.lit was fine.fish fed coastal bears..not so much..
We shoot a large moose..we get a bit more burger material..but we get to keep the hide, antlers....
Grizzly numbers will grow, conflicts will increase..yes ranchers and taxpayers will foot the bill for what hunters paid the government to do keep the numbers in check as determined by Provincial wildlife biologists..for the safety of humans and the well being of bears.
I have been wrong so many times..lol even today...however the loss of revenue makes me think pressure by guides and outfitters will..should hold some sway. .no one is coming to BC for grizzly steaks and a photo.
Pretty great start..by basket weaver and horgan..no help for wildfire evacuees..ZERO..but he has added substantial money to lawyers fighting against pipeline revenues, hydro demands of the coming years now starting the fight with rural BC..first grizzlies..while kissing first nation (************)
A lot of guys were smart soon..it's started.......
Legally harvest a mature grizzly. .who benifit s by tossing the hide in the bush? How does that jive with the importance "of the grizzly as professed by FN..
If you don't get it fine..but please don't pretend to be a hunter...hunters would understand the respect..
Srupp

IslandWanderer
I'd be open to allowing the retention of the trophy portions, IF we could establish a means of ensuring it doesn't provide a loophole for people who are purely trophy hunters. Until then- no trophies.

Red_Mist
08-14-2017, 06:03 PM

It has a spiritual benefit to me. Also my taxidermist would be upset.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Sure, they used them to stay warm etc etc! Not to put on their walls! Got a picture of your grizzly hide coat to show me? I didn't think so.

Lol, nice one!

Salty
08-14-2017, 06:04 PM

You gotta lot of mouth for a newbie. Why did you come here again?

180grainer
08-14-2017, 06:05 PM
I think so too. Maybe this policy should include those critters as well.
I wonder what your supporter in this thread "wolfdown" has to say about that?

Mulehahn
08-14-2017, 06:07 PM
I would gladly take the meat ALONG with the hide, skull, or claws. I take every black bear skull I shoot. Be surprised how many people use them as learning tools. Wolgdoen, What makes a grizzly so much more important than a moose, a deer that i can take whatevee I want plus the meat? OR take your moniker, do you take all the meat on a wolf and leave the rest?

Red_Mist
08-14-2017, 06:08 PM
It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.

Just curious what you take off a moose? you eat the brains, tongue, lungs, heart, liver, intestines. You make leather out of the skin? knife handles out of the antlers? if not , have a look in the mirror and shame away. you cry yourself to sleep every night about all the animals dying in the forest and their carcasses rotting into the earth? people like you are bizarre, sell your guns and get a PETA membership.

Ozone
08-14-2017, 06:09 PM
Havent got one yet but as a youth I had one beside my bed instead of a carpet. Got a picture of the meat of one in your freezer?

180grainer
And who are you to moralize to people? Why do you feel your beliefs should be pushed on to others? You don't like the hunt? Don't participate. But that's not what you're championing is it? It's not that the species is in decline. The NDP just admitted there are an estimated 15,000 bears in the province of which only 250 taken annually. So this is about you subjecting people to your moral/ehtical code. What are you going to say to the next Vegan Premier that bans Moose hunting because they find it morally unacceptable?

bearvalley
Good post. Hopefully some common sense will prevail and hide/head can be retained. Otherwise there would no longer be CI, which would also hurt the species. The larger problem is this premise of meat retention being the center of logic to allow hunting. If it starts getting applied to all predators, well then all the ungulates are in trouble. This in effect is a re branding of what hunting is by anti hunters, with the ultimate goal being a ban on all hunting.
My belief is that if it ever gets to the point that if non retention of hides, skulls and claws carries over to all predators....it will be the demise of predators.
If an Apex predator is turned into a valueless competitor...the valueless competitor will be eliminated.
It has happened in other places to other species.
It will happen here.

Blainer
It's becoming quite clear to me that a majority of you on these forums would love to hunt grizzly bears for nothing more than their hide and skull on your walls, while leaving the rest of the animal to rot! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a hunter and this is one of them.you know little of conservation. I enjoy dialogue with hunters regarding conservation and hunting, but I should have said educated dialogue regarding hunting and conservation, not dialogue based on emotion.
Study Africa
Look at the lion demise after they haulted lion hunting because of Cecile. Possibly look at the great success with giraffe in Africa.
At least take the time to study how many cubs are killed by Boar Grizzly and compare it to the minimal amount being harvested

cpwrestler

Oh I get it. To you it's not about wastefulness, it's about what you and the ndp/greens believe is morally acceptable. In this case, you all believe any killing of grizzly bears is morally wrong. I don't share that opinion. I believe in evidence based management of our wildlife and sustainable harvest.

I also believe that preserving the hide, paws and skull commemorates the experience of the hunt, the memory and the respect for my quarry that only a hunt can provide. Out of respect for the animal, I can get behind a keep the meat approach. I can't get behind your emotionally based ideology that passes judgement on others without any evidence that my practices and beliefs harm the overall ecosystem.

I dont ever ever expect you to understand what it means to experience a hunt like this. The deep connection to nature that it provides. I just wish you and the NDP/greens would respect what it means to me and those on this forum.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:11 PM
You gotta lot of mouth for a newbie. Why did you come here again?
I like hunting, fishing and the outdoors! You?

caddisguy
08-14-2017, 06:12 PM

We want wildlife management to be based on science and conservation, not emotion.

They stated no actual reason for ending the hunt, other than "it is not socially acceptable".

As society becomes more urbanized, coddled and quite frankly brainwashed, banning things with no reason than " the manipulated masses think so" is going to be the norm.

People are saying that use of non-gender neutral words like "he", " she" or "wife" is no longer acceptable. Recently we discovered speaking out again race/gender discrimination (in the disguise of "affirmative action") is not socially acceptable. What happens when owning a firearm in general is not socially acceptable? Another decade of loaded propaganda headlines by the Province/Global/CBC/etc and it is likely any sort of hunting will no longer be "socially acceptable"

As hunters, all that matters is that a hunt is sustainable and that wildlife populations are properly managed. Motive for the hunt (trophy, meat, etc) is simply irrelevant from a scientific perspective.

Salty
08-14-2017, 06:14 PM

What kind of hunting do you do? Got any pics of that wolf down?

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Oh I get it. To you it's not about wastefulness, it's about what you and the ndp/greens believe is morally acceptable. In this case, you all believe any killing of grizzly bears is morally wrong. I don't share that opinion. I believe in evidence based management of our wildlife and sustainable harvest.

I also believe that preserving the hide, paws and skull commemorates the experience of the hunt, the memory and the respect for my quarry that only a hunt can provide. Out of respect for the animal, I can get behind a keep the meat approach. I can't get behind your emotionally based ideology that passes judgement on others without any evidence that my practices and beliefs harm the overall ecosystem.

I dont ever ever expect you to understand what it means to experience a hunt like this. The deep connection to nature that it provides. I just wish you and the NDP/greens would respect what it means to me and those on this forum.
You're more than welcome to hunt them, I even encourage you to, but the wall art not so much. Commemorate that bear well you're eating it.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 06:15 PM

I get these comments periodically. Lol, I've been hunting since about 1985. I'm hardly a newbie, just new to this forum.

Ohwildwon
08-14-2017, 06:16 PM

You also like trolling this sight too, don't forget to add that...

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 06:20 PM

I'm pro-grizzly hunting. I don't like wastefulness. Maybe hunters should have had a louder voice re: meat retention in the past, so there wasn't a need for this policy.

Grizzlies are a public resource. The public has a say in the use of their resources.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Just curious what you take off a moose? you eat the brains, tongue, lungs, heart, liver, intestines. You make leather out of the skin? knife handles out of the antlers? if not , have a look in the mirror and shame away. you cry yourself to sleep every night about all the animals dying in the forest and their carcasses rotting into the earth? people like you are bizarre, sell your guns and get a PETA membership.
Someone sounds upset they won't be able to strictly "trophy" hunt for at least the next few years!

Asco
08-14-2017, 06:22 PM
To wolf down: sounds like someone is C you next Tuesday celebrating wildlife mis-management.

So on the one hand they justify wanton unregulated FN hunting because the stewards of the land use every part of the animal and that makes it OK. Now I want to use every part of the animal and they say no you can't keep the hide or the head... sounds like a contradiction to me.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:23 PM
And who are you to moralize to people? Why do you feel your beliefs should be pushed on to others? You don't like the hunt? Don't participate. But that's not what you're championing is it? It's not that the species is in decline. The NDP just admitted there are an estimated 15,000 bears in the province of which only 250 taken annually. So this is about you subjecting people to your moral/ehtical code. What are you going to say to the next Vegan Premier that bans Moose hunting because they find it morally unacceptable?
I don't have an issue with the hunt at all! I support a grizzly hunt.. but not trophy only like it is now!

Blainer
08-14-2017, 06:25 PM
I get these comments periodically. Lol, I've been hunting since about 1985. I'm hardly a newbie, just new to this forum.I have seen you make a concerted effort to divide hunters ever since joining.
You appear to jump from thread to thread stirring the pot.
You are Not doing the hunting community or the sport any favours.
I won't respond to your response as you are speaking from a place of emotion,Not science.
i wish you and Jasmine great success this hunting season, maybe Wolfdown is available

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:25 PM
I do, yes!

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Havent got one yet but as a youth I had one beside my bed instead of a carpet. Got a picture of the meat of one in your freezer?
No, I don't because I don't hunt grizzly! I hunt only what I eat.

RayHill
08-14-2017, 06:26 PM

What I read is it will be prohibited to be in possession of any hide head or paws of any grizzly bear so there's nothing but the meat left after that.

klondiker
08-14-2017, 06:30 PM
There's obviously two trolls involved in the thread. Some of the comment they've made are mind boggling, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

When you read the article on CBC, they actually state "It's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of society has come to the point in B.C. where they are no longer in favour of the grizzly bear trophy hunt". There is zero science behind that comment, along with zero science behind banning the hunt.

For you grizzly bear hunters in B.C, I feel sorry for you. No rationale was undertaken in making this decision. Now time will tell whether they still allow you guys to bring the hide and skull home with the meat. If that's the case, I would be able to tolerate that. But I can tell you that I probably wouldn't think of shooting a grizzly 30-40km from the road while on a sheep/goat/caribou hunt.

As well, another scenario that this could bring about, is people going out and shooting the bears and leaving them to waste, and then not punching their tag, and just saying they didn't get one. The whole point of hunting is about having fun and putting food on the table, while creating memories. And by having that grizzly hanging on the wall, or over the back of your couch or however you choose to have it mounted, that's the whole point of taxidermy, for the art and to re-live those past hunts.

islandhunter
Every hunter saves the rack etc. from the animals they kill. Its part of hunting and memories. You're a fool to be excited about government imposed morals. You should see that this is just another step against hunting in general, I'm sure you 2 are just anti hunting trolls anyways.
BTW I've been on a successful grizz hunt, removing and keeping meat, hide and skull.

Ozone
I don't have an issue with the hunt at all! I support a grizzly hunt.. but not trophy only like it is now!
I guess your new, so will mention to you that it has never been a trophy only hunt. Do you keep the wolf meat or is that just a trophy hunt for you? So one again because you are new, you can take the meat home if you like.

firebird
Say goodbye to the tens of thousands of dollars that non residents bring to the economy for Griz hunting. It will be going to the neighbours now.

Spring bear ear hunting was stopped in Ontario many years ago because of bleeding hearts. The bear population exploded and its impacted the ungulates severely and the bears moved into rural areas and became so bad a nuisance they re instated a spring hunt.

The grizzlys will mal a few people, eat some dogs, kill more moose and elk, and in 10 years the government will go 'oh crap' and the open it for trophy hunting again. Because really if you can't take the trophy with you, who's going to take grizzly over moose, elk, or deer.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 06:31 PM
I have seen you make a concerted effort to divide hunters ever since joining.
You appear to jump from thread to thread stirring the pot.
You are Not doing the hunting community or the sport any favours.
I won't respond to your response as you are speaking from a place of emotion, science.
i wish you and Jasmine great success this hunting season, maybe Wolfdown is available

*concerted

I have a decent black bear on my wall, but I ate it too. Maybe as hunters we can think of a way to ensure the grizzlies would be eaten as well as being trophies (edit: then lobby for change). That seems like the best case scenario.

IronNoggin
08-14-2017, 06:32 PM
I see we have anti hunters on this forum now,

At least two identified on this thread.
Either anti's with an agenda, or completely uninformed ignorant city boyz, or trolls.

Regardless, their drivel on this topic is much the same as every single time they post here.
There is an IGNORE button for a reason.
For me, that will have to suffice until the admin here recognizes them for the Idjuts that they are...

Happy I have a fall grizz tag.
Now going to make a point of actioning it.
And what with a couple of moose in tow, I will be quite unlikely to extract anything but the hide and skull... :twisted:

Ticked,
Matt

caddisguy
08-14-2017, 06:32 PM

I am not into trophies either, but how does motive for the hunt (trophy vs meat) make any difference when it comes to wildlife management goals signed off on by biologists?

This should be about science and conservation, not emotion or "what is socially acceptable" as the NDP stated to be the reason for the ban.

If we create laws based on what the masses are manipulate to believe is "not socially acceptable" firearms and hunting in general will be out the door before we know it.

rocksteady
08-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Glad I did not vote this year...

Can't say I contributed to this shatshow

Bear Chaser
08-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Kudos to those of you that have the patience to explain things to the mentally handicapped trolling this forum.

SRupp has written some knowledgeable responses as has bearvalley.
The biggest loser in this will be the bears. They will become a nuisance. They will be eliminated for it. Bravo to the dipshits that voted NDP.

lovemywinchester

To think a pile of meat in the bush is left to rot is completely ignorant of the way nature works. Such comments show your hubris and lack of logic. A dead grizzly would be a gift to thousands of of other creatures in the area. Any dogs or cats in the area would quickly devour most of it as well as all the different small mammals, birds and rodents that would feed on the carcass. You seem to think of only yourself when it comes to hunting. The benefit to the young ungulates born that spring are obvious if there is less predation.

You are obviously a troll anyway. Complaining about only taking hides with a handle like WOLFDOWN. Give us a break asshole.

Squamch
*concerted

I have a decent black bear on my wall, but I ate it too. Maybe as hunters we can think of a way to ensure the grizzlies would be eaten as well as being trophies (edit: then lobby for change). That seems like the best case scenario.

You mean like...maybe...a meat retention law?

Holy shit! Then...wait...i think I have this right....you would have to take...hmmm....the meat? Do I have that right? Take the meat out with you, along with the skull and hide?

Aren't you a trophy hunter? With that "decent" black bear on your wall? Not a great one, that would be a big bear. The sort that would be a real.....trophy???

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:36 PM
There's obviously two trolls involved in the thread. Some of the comment they've made are mind boggling, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

When you read the article on CBC, they actually state "It's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of society has come to the point in B.C. where they are no longer in favour of the grizzly bear trophy hunt". There is zero science behind that comment, along with zero science behind banning the hunt.

For you grizzly bear hunters in B.C, I feel sorry for you. No rationale was undertaken in making this decision. Now time will tell whether they still allow you guys to bring the hide and skull home with the meat. If that's the case, I would be able to tolerate that. But I can tell you that I probably wouldn't think of shooting a grizzly 30-40km from the road while on a sheep/goat/caribou hunt.

As well, another scenario that this could bring about, is people going out and shooting the bears and leaving them to waste, and then not punching their tag, and just saying they didn't get one. The whole point of hunting is about having fun and putting food on the table, while creating memories. And by having that grizzly hanging on the wall, or over the back of your couch or however you choose to have it mounted, that's the whole point of taxidermy, for the art and to re-live those past hunts. I'm not a troll at all and don't know the other gentlemen in anyway!
I have my view, you have yours and he has his! Fortunately for the grizzly bears the government has ours! Plus you try to make it sound in your post that you can't them at all! Which is untrue.. just can't hunt them for what you want! Your opinion is based off of your agenda

firebird
08-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Anybody who supported the Ndp supported the rest of the anti hunting groups and contributed to another death blow to hunting. Good job, they won't stop at 'trophy' griz

Ozone
08-14-2017, 06:37 PM

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Salty http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1926985#post1926985) What kind of hunting do you do? Got any pics of that wolf down?

I do, yes!

So how did that taste?

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:42 PM
So how did that taste? enlighten me?

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 06:42 PM
You mean like...maybe...a meat retention law?

Holy shit! Then...wait...i think I have this right....you would have to take...hmmm....the meat? Do I have that right? Take the meat out with you, along with the skull and hide?

Aren't you a trophy hunter? With that "decent" black bear on your wall? Not a great one, that would be a big bear. The sort that would be a real.....trophy???

I'm all for trophies, where the meat is used as well.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:46 PM
At least two identified on this thread.
Either anti's with an agenda, or completely uninformed ignorant city boyz, or trolls.

Regardless, their drivel on this topic is much the same as every single time they post here.
There is an IGNORE button for a reason.
For me, that will have to suffice until the admin here recognizes them for the Idjuts that they are...

Happy I have a fall grizz tag.
Now going to make a point of actioning it.
And what with a couple of moose in tow, I will be quite unlikely to extract anything but the hide and skull... :twisted:

Ticked,
Matt I'm an idiot because we have different view on a trophy hunt?

Squamch
08-14-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm all for trophies, where the meat is used as well.

So a meat retention law, would have solved this.

There was no need to ban retention of other useful parts of the animal.

Squamch
08-14-2017, 06:48 PM
enlighten me?

The wolf you shot. How did it taste?

TreeStandMan
08-14-2017, 06:49 PM

Exactly this.

klondiker
08-14-2017, 06:51 PM
No agenda here fella. Re-read my post, I stated that I could tolerate it if they allowed you to take the hide and skull with the meat. There is no agenda from my end. The only agendas I see being spewed on this forum are yours and Islandwanderer, along with the agenda of the NDP/Greens about changing the way the hunt is currently undertaken. I don't even live in B.C., so I have zero skin in this game. And last time I checked, it wasn't "society" who voted for them, it was just over half of the people who actually voted.

I can only hope that when I finish my house in the Yukon nwt year, that the grizzly trophy hunt continues for as long as I'm alive. They could even change it to require me to take the meat, as long as I can still take the hide and skull with me. And FYI just look at what's happening up there with the amount of bears being killed this year by CO's. B.C is heading down that road

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 06:53 PM
The wolf you shot. How did it taste?
Easily the worst type of meat I've ever eaten.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 06:53 PM
So a meat retention law, would have solved this.

There was no need to ban retention of other useful parts of the animal.

I agree with you to an extent. The problem is that some people will be trophy hunting under the guise of using the whole animal. As hunters, what role can we play in changing the law to one of meat retention?

rocksteady
08-14-2017, 06:57 PM
Glad I killed a West koots griz in 94, cause dont look like i will ever get the opportunity again.

338win mag
08-14-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm an idiot because we have different view on a trophy hunt?

Yes,, you are an idiot...A real hunter knows the term "trophy" does not exist and is one dreamed up by the anti's, a term which you have used a number of times now.
Hunters who dont hunt grizz, such as myself realize that hunters need to support the grizzly hunt, otherwise the changes too our hunting may go deeper into stupidity and will effect all hunting, thats why I doubt you hunt at all.
Its an infantile response by the NDP to stop grizzly hunting, period, they wont stop there.

firebird
08-14-2017, 07:02 PM
I agree with you to an extent. The problem is that some people will be trophy hunting under the guise of using the whole animal. As hunters, what role can we play in changing the law to one of meat retention?

"Trophy" hunting also means you are shooting the big old ones that are going to starve to death because they've got no teeth left in their mouth, or be killed my younger bears.

Thats what the antis dont realize, what's quicker a bullet or starvation, a bullet or a fight to the death?

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 07:04 PM
I'm a hunter. I think trophies are great, but not the sole reason for hunting.

firebird
08-14-2017, 07:06 PM
'Trophy' hunters arnt killing the sow with the cubs. They are after the big guy going to kill those cubs to breed the sow again.

Take the meat and the trophy. The ndp just went from allowing the possible waist of meat to a defined waist of hide, skull, and feet.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 07:09 PM
'Trophy' hunters arnt killing the sow with the cubs. They are after the big guy going to kill those cubs to breed the sow again.

Take the meat and the trophy. The ndp just went from allowing the possible waist of meat to a defined waist of hide, skull, and feet.

I agree with most of what you're saying. Allowing the hide to sit and rot is awful, but needed for at least the time being.

rocksteady
08-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Every animal I kill us a trophy..

Where I was at, who I was with, how it all went down..

One of my favorite trophy hunts was being with my daughter when she shot her first big game animal. A 4 point whitetail.. All of my other hunts paled compared to the memories that day..

gutpile
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
It is to me , even thu I have yet to kill a trophy animal !

338win mag
08-14-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm a hunter. I think trophies are great, but not the sole reason for hunting.
There you go "trophy" hunting, wtf is with that?
I cant ever recall one of my hunting friends saying the word "trophy"

IronNoggin
08-14-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm an idiot because we have different view on a trophy hunt?

You, and your alter ego, are both fools. Idjuts if you prefer.
You come across just as I described - city laddies with zero real world understanding. :roll:
As a biologist, I dealt with many of your ilk.
Now that I am retired, I am quite grateful to no longer have to do so.
And in that light, both of you are now on my Bye Bye List... :wink:

https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/m/marktwain/161735/marktwain1.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 07:13 PM
There you go "trophy" hunting, wtf is with that?
I cant ever recall one of my hunting friends saying the word "trophy"

Is that because it has two syllables?

Just kidding, I think trophies are neat. I'm not ashamed of using the word.

.300WSMImpact!
08-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Well, in fairness, he was right! It's a silly idea and the guy is obviously upset about this decision! 

anti hunting is anyone opposed to any kind of hunting, so you fit that too

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 07:16 PM
You, and your alter ego, are both fools. Idjuts if you prefer.
You come across just as I described - city laddies with zero real world understanding. :roll:
As a biologist, I dealt with many of your ilk.
Now that I am retired, I am quite grateful to no longer have to do so.
And in that light, both of you are now on my Bye Bye List... :wink:

https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/m/marktwain/161735/marktwain1.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

The head in the sand approach won't change the legislation.

chilko
08-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Trophy hunting is also a sound management tool. In BC , grizzly, moose, elk ,caribou, mule deer, whitetail, all four sheep etc etc are managed based on seasons with antler and horn length based criteria . Essentially "trophy seasons" for the betterment of species management . Other jurisdictions even refer to them as trophy seasons. Nothing wrong with hunting the biggest specimens of a species as far as I'm concerned, and apparently game managers have never had a problem with it. I'm amazed that on this site, even as so many are justifiably outraged, they still feel the need to apologetically state that they don't trophy hunt.

f350ps
08-14-2017, 07:20 PM
These two clowns are playing you guys like a fine fiddle, try the ignore function, it really works! K

Salty
08-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Weaver that phony little toad. Comes on here all for the science, he wants to learn the issues around hunting. Then leaves us in the dust and has his hand in all but ending grizzly bear hunting at a time when populations are on the increase. Science my ass more like a self serving ego.. a true politician. You'd think he'd been at it for years he's a natural.

Salty
08-14-2017, 07:22 PM
These two clowns are playing you guys like a fine fiddle, try the ignore function, it really works! K

Ya but they can't hold a tune to save their souls :mrgreen: Its all good..

ElectricDyck
08-14-2017, 07:26 PM
We all knew this was coming..common sense these days is hard to come by and things are managed by feelings and perceptions..politicians are inheritanly crooks and the ndp are the worst..

When I pick weeds to give my vegetables a chance to grow I dont eat the weeds..

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Trophy hunting is also a sound management tool. In BC , grizzly, moose, elk ,caribou, mule deer, whitetail, all four sheep etc etc are managed based on seasons with antler and horn length based criteria . Essentially "trophy seasons" for the betterment of species management . Other jurisdictions even refer to them as trophy seasons. Nothing wrong with hunting the biggest specimens of a species as far as I'm concerned, and apparently game managers have never had a problem with it. I'm amazed that on this site, even as so many are justifiably outraged, they still feel the need to apologetically state that they don't trophy hunt.

Well stated sir. I only have one trophy on my wall, but I'm proud of it.

firebird
08-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Antis hate all hunting- bow hunting, rifle hunting, trophy hunting, sustenance hunting, the 1st time hunter, the 90 year old hunter, the occasional hunter, the die hard hunter.

We, the hunters, fight between us when the antis rally on one common goal - to stop all hunting.

So if you don't like the bow hunters, or the trophy hunters, or the occasional hunter than open your eyes! Cause you won't be hunting anything!! Cause while we fight between each other the ANTI hunters are gaining ground

This is one step closer to the end of ALL hunting. They are using 'trophy' because it's an easy term to sway the people who would usually be indifferent onto the antis side.

Unforunatley if you hunt and supported the ndp. You are supporting your own demise. Or the end of something you love.

Salty
08-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Well said firebird

IronNoggin
08-14-2017, 07:38 PM
... Unforunatley if you hunt and supported the ndp. You are supporting your own demise. Or the end of something you love.

Yep.

A shame some are so blind, or infantile, to realize this simple Truth...

Cheers,
Nog

Gateholio
08-14-2017, 07:41 PM
From a conservation standpoint, the best hunt is one that kills the mature boar and leaves the meat behind.

From the standpoint of most human concepts about waste, taking all parts of the bear is the most palatable.

Taking only the meat and being forced to leave the head and hide behind makes the least sense. It's verging on immoral.

gerrygoat
08-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Haven't logged in in a very long time but had to see what was being said about the bad news. It is a very sad day but everything the left touches they turn to complete s*** They are on the wrong side of every issue I can think of.

Not to surprised there are anti hunters on this site, they are trying to invade all similar websites in order to cause chaos.

Lillypuff
08-14-2017, 08:01 PM
I have not shot a black bear since we were required to take the meat and have not bought a tag. We all knew this was coming with this government. Pretty sad day to be a hunter in b.c. What is a trophy hunt? Each and every fish and animal taken is a trophy with our family,Nothing like seeing my 5 year old boy smile and my 70 year old father smile

358mag
08-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Just wait sure the NDPGREENIES will be passing that bill next .....

IronNoggin
08-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Possible splintering in the ranks??
One can hope!! :wink:

Weaver said in a statement that the new ban is also viewed as wasteful by the resident hunting community because the hair, head and hide of the grizzlies can no longer be used.

“I'm not sure how this will appease the concerns of anyone. It appears to me that the NDP was trying to play to environmental voters in the election campaign without thinking through their policies,” Weaver said.

Go Figure... :roll:

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/b-c-to-ban-grizzly-bear-trophy-hunt-beginning-this-fall-1.3545573

I very much hope that in the future ALL problem Grizz are immediately relocated to the lower mainland / Victoria. Surely if the hunt "is not a socially acceptable practice" then those that voted these Idjuts in will find a way, as a "society", to deal with them in an alternative, friendly fashion... https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f57/1/16/1f609.png

Cheers,
Nog

Sitkaspruce
08-14-2017, 08:13 PM

I do, yes!

What a contradiction of statements....unless you actually ate the wolf!!

I also think the Wolfdown and Islandwanderer are the same person, join a month apart and support each other like they were one and the same.....Trolls

What a mixed up group we are....cannot even support each other when to hunting....We are slowly spiraling down a PC clogged drain.

I have to ask those that support the wasteful regulation (as it does nothing to save any bears), if we have thrown away science to peoples emotions and public opinion (mostly the lower mainland and Vancouver Island) what do we do when they focus on Mt goats and Sheep, as I don't know many who hunt those species for meat only (although Sheep is the best I have had)....same as 6pt elk, 2/3/10 rule for moose, 4 pt Muleys and 5pt+ caribou? These regulation force us to hunt "trophies" and we have to bring everything out, especially the head and horns/antlers.

And can one of the lefties please explain what is actually a "Trophy Hunt"?

Cheers

SS

HarryToolips
08-14-2017, 08:14 PM
That's the way I look at it....all they said on their election promise was they were going to remove the griz 'trophy' hunt..and they did,we now have to retain the meat, I doubt they'll be that dumb as to not allow us to take the hide/skull...

15000 griz in BC they predict, I'm sure it's higher....at least they said at the end of the article that they intend on putting more $$$ toward wildlife and habitat, let's hope although they are politicians so I'm not holding my breath..

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:15 PM
I was just thinking about how delicious some grizzly smokies would taste.

They're very good!

338win mag
08-14-2017, 08:16 PM
What a contradiction of statements....unless you actually ate the wolf!!

Did you?? How did it taste? If not, what did you do with it??

I also think the Wolfdown and Islandwanderer are the same person, join a month apart and support each other like they were one and the same.....Trolls

What a mixed up group we are....cannot even support each other when to hunting....We are slowly spiraling down a PC clogged drain.

I have to ask those that support the wasteful regulation (as it does nothing to save any bears), if we have thrown away science to peoples emotions and public opinion (mostly the lower mainland and Vancouver Island) what do we do when they focus on Mt goats and Sheep, as I don't know many who hunt those species for meat only (although Sheep is the best I have had)....same as 6pt elk, 2/3/10 rule for moose, 4 pt Muleys and 5pt+ caribou? These regulation force us to hunt "trophies" and we have to bring everything out, especially the head and horns/antlers.

And can one of the lefties please explain what is actually a "Trophy Hunt"?

Cheers

SS
Exactly articulated..

Salty
08-14-2017, 08:17 PM
There seems to be some confusion here for some, they have already banned the removal of the hide and skull guys, its a done deal. From Nog's link above -

The ban will mean hunters will no longer be able to keep the head, paws or hide of a grizzly, but regulations on how to enforce that are still being developed.
http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/b-c-to-ban-grizzly-bear-trophy-hunt-beginning-this-fall-1.3545573

HarryToolips
08-14-2017, 08:19 PM
It is a bewilderment that some on here think this is a good thing. In true leftist form, they believe the meat must be eaten therefore everyone must comply with their beliefs. What have they achieved? Nothing, but forcing a lot of guys to make an extra trip to the dump to get rid of the meat when they get home. The decision has nothing to do with game management. Nothing to do with protecting the species itself. Nothing to do with bettering our environment. It's virtue signalling and moralizing from the pulpit of false superiority, and it's repugnant to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.
Well said.........

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:20 PM
So how did that taste?

It is delicious! The meat straight up is quite tough (on my animal anyway) but the smokies, bratwursts and hams are excellent. ANd I have a beautiful hide at the taxidermist shop for a full rug. Overall, it was a great hunt literally 6 years in the making.

358mag
08-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Sorry you feel this way, but do us all a very big favor and quit HBC and go back to your non hunting tree hugging left wing nut union friends and enjoy your latte. Don't let the door slam in the ass to hard on the way out

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:24 PM
It's because some will simply turf the meat when they get home because all they really wanted was the trophy. This policy prevents that from occurring.

At some point we have to realise that really any hunter can do that with the meat. So by your logic, we should then ban all hunting because of the mere chance this could happen. Or is that what you want to see happen? Your argument falls apart here.

Rob Chipman
08-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Island Wanderer and Wolfdown:

Some of the outrage and emotion (as you describe it) is based on the fact that this is a political move that caters to emotion, and it's happening in a province that badly needs a completely revamped science based conservation policy.

While I understand that you're happy the NDP won the election, and while I understand that you haven't thought through the trophy hunt issue, you're missing the important conservation aspects to this discussion and latching onto positions that can't be defended rationally.

If you review your positions they're based on the idea that other people should not be allowed to like what you don't like. There's no science there. It's just opinion.

Think through the claim that leaving a carcass to rot in the bush is a waste. That is simply a stupid and indefensible statement.

Think through the opposition to trophy hunting. What is it based on? Anything other than personal taste?

Think about the implications of conducting wildlife policy based on social values rather than science. Is there anything you can say to justify that?

We live in an increasingly urbanized society that is divorced from the natural world. Politicians pander to that society, and they do it for short term gain. Urban society is, by and large, anti-wilderness, does not understand it and wants it domesticated. The worst part? Most of us don't recognize that.

I'll grant you that a lot of the hunters on this site aren't the most PC boys in the beer parlour, but by and large they are on the right track. You are not.

Rather than say "It's a good policy because it stops trophy hunting" dive in a little deeper and justify it. There is nothing that you can say to justify it that will stand up to a sound, rational conservation oriented argument.

I double ****ing dog dare ya to try.

(And yes, I tried to put in the whole word "****ing", but the damn Interwebs auto-corrected it. Will wonders never cease? :-) )

HarryToolips
08-14-2017, 08:27 PM
First Nations people's used all parts of the animals they harvested, why shouldn't we have that right?

chilko
08-14-2017, 08:27 PM
There seems to be some confusion here for some, they have already banned the removal of the hide and skull guys, its a done deal. From Nog's link above -

The ban will mean hunters will no longer be able to keep the head, paws or hide of a grizzly, but regulations on how to enforce that are still being developed.

What do we submit for compulsory inspection ? Back straps ? Bag of hamburger ?

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:29 PM

Elitist assumptions and nonsense. Many heirlooms like this get passed on to family or get donated to places that value them - fish and game clubs, etc. I'm assuming you drive a vehicle that all it will ever do is pollute the environment and then end up as scrap. Yet I surmise you drive anyway. Your reasoning is along the same judgemental attitudes that anything or anyone involved in the resource sector is somehow less than the enlightened. This reads to me like you're inferring hunters are mostly the great unwashed. #fieldtotable

Salty
08-14-2017, 08:30 PM
What do we submit for compulsory inspection ? Back straps ? Bag of hamburger ?

Maybe a stool sample to Victoria would be appropriate?

happyhunter
08-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Wolfdown (yeah right...) and Island wanderer: You know you'd get shut down outright if you posted your real opinions so it seems you've tried to mascarade as hunters and try to break us down from the inside. But your posts reek of anti-hunter so badly it makes the rest of us sick! No one here believes your bullshit and it's an insult to us that you actually think we would! Pathetic!

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 08:31 PM
What the f";&; can't keep the hide or head or paws???! So what that has to rot now?!! Wtf are these idiots thinking in friggin believable whoever voted these pigs should be relocated to North Korea

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Man island wanderer you are something else!

Salty
08-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Well I didn't vote for them but honestly I was willing to give this coalition thing a fair chance and thought it might not be so bad being such slim majority. Phhht they didn't make it to the house yet and they've already stuck a knife in our backs so much for positive thinking :(

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Steven

Good argument.

Gateholio
08-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Those that can see no benefit to retaining the hide or skull of an animal they hunted, have probably not actually hunted much.

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:38 PM

Already happening/happened. The livelihood of the BC interior is now rejected in favour of supporting a free ride on LM roads and bridges (doesn't sound very green to me Weaver) and cheap housing. All hand outs that are now going to be paid by god knows what as the resource sector is under attack. More NDP/Green pipe dream...

08-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Another decision made by a Government NOT based on sound science and management of all wildlife, but made to win votes ....... Wake up and smell the Coffee !
Dont expect these Bafoons making the decisions to actually help All Wildlife ....... Nope ....... Our problems continue.

no surprise here.

That said, The NDGreens Will be gone soon any way ....... Hopefully we can find some one to Help Build Wildlife by Sound Management of all species .

Pathetic.

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:39 PM

But this is the case with any hunt. Or do you fundamentally believe all hunters are liars and can't be trusted?

scoutlt1
08-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Maybe a stool sample to Victoria would be appropriate?

Probably enough of that over there already....

gcreek
08-14-2017, 08:40 PM
I can visualize a lot more shot and left because they've been naughty.

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 08:42 PM
We all need to keep hunting them anyway! If we stop putting in for grizz leh they will definitely close the hunt! If we keep doing it and keep talking about the sad waste that these pricks are allowing then maybe we have hope of winning

bigwhiteys
08-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
... Unforunatley if you hunt and supported the ndp. You are supporting your own demise. Or the end of something you love.

It's scary how many did vote for them (or green) and will admit it with unwavering confidence. I have a hard time listening to people about how government should be run when they've never had to make payroll that actually supports BC families or manage a successful small, medium or large business of any type.

From a conservation standpoint, the best hunt is one that kills the mature boar and leaves the meat behind.

From the standpoint of most human concepts about waste, taking all parts of the bear is the most palatable.

Taking only the meat and being forced to leave the head and hide behind makes the least sense. It's verging on immoral.

Leaving the head and hide and only taking the meat is a massive waste and a big blow to our cottage industry of taxidermists throughout the province too.

Ltbullken
08-14-2017, 08:45 PM
I wonder if the ecotours will pay a royalty and support the habitat conservation fund the way hunters have done for decades. Bets?

Frosty
08-14-2017, 08:46 PM
I know, and it's a good thing. We wouldn't want people pretending to be hunting them for the wrong reasons.

You've shown your colors....

If I kill an animal, I want to make use of as much as the animal as I can. To have legislated waste is not a solution to anything. Tell the people of BC, they are going put millions into habitat.....They are going to change forestry practices, resources based practices that strips animals of much needed wintering habitat...That would help grizzlies and all other animals. Why choose one animal with healthy numbers to put all your time into. That is such a waste of time and money and effort.

There are many species in the province with unhealthy numbers, yet you and your "conservationist" friends don't educate people about those animals. Just the ones that give you return on your investments right!

Salty
08-14-2017, 08:49 PM

Yup won't take many years for human grizz conflicts to go way up. The irony is the last thing this social engineering attempt will help is the grizzly bears.

caddisguy
08-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Very well put Rob C. I tried to articulate that the NDP's reason for the ban (that it is "socially unacceptable") is based solely and admittedly on emotions (as misguided as they may be) rather than science based conservation.

I think it is outrageous our government would admit their rule of law is based on "social acceptability". With that precedent, any loaded poll is justification for new bans/laws.

I truly believe this is what real conservationists need to be pointing out. It is admitted the ban is based on social acceptance, aka emotions, NOT science. It was stated in their own words.

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 08:53 PM
They had to thank their mindless idiot voters somehow, why not do it by admitting they only are in because of a popularity contest

KodiakHntr
08-14-2017, 08:54 PM
One quick question? Do you practice catch and release? Or do you catch just one fish, kill it, and eat it?

Gateholio
08-14-2017, 08:56 PM

Of course. A return to the bad ol days of SSS for grizzlies

40incher
08-14-2017, 08:56 PM
I only hope the GO's will finally quit using the "trophy" terminology in their advertising and rhetoric ... for all species. If they don't then Sheep, Caribou, Mtn. Goat and Northern Moose will be on the agenda.

Give your head a shake Boyz!

Hunting should always be about the meat ... the yippedy-yap days are done in B.C.

Remember ... we are California North.

island6
08-14-2017, 08:58 PM

If you are ever ashamed to be a hunter you have no clue what hunting is and do not deserve to call yourself a hunter.

mpotzold
08-14-2017, 09:04 PM
This is only the start.:evil:

Fair Chase Act & Endangered Species/Species-at-risk Act no doubt will be introduced/re-introduced.

Remember from May 26, 2011-
New Democrat MLA Michael Sather introduced the Fair Chase Act today, a bill which would clarify rules around using motor vehicles while hunting…..
the Fair Chase Act will serve to eliminate the definition of harass ambiguity….
All hunters must allow wildlife a fair opportunity to escape as part of the chase

Say goodbye to road hunting as we know it.
No more baiting.
Only a matter of time- grizzly will be classified under Species-at-risk. They have their own biologists just waiting for the recount.
No grizzly hunting whether trophy or otherwise.

whitlers
08-14-2017, 09:07 PM
I wonder if the ecotours will pay a royalty and support the habitat conservation fund the way hunters have done for decades. Bets?

Very good point here.

We as hunters put alot of money each year into conservation. Most of the people who voted for the end of the Grizz hunt don't know what conservation is..

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Easily the worst type of meat I've ever eaten.
So did you eat the whole wolf? Also what did you do with the hide and head?! You better have left it in the bush to rot otherwise you are nothing but a hipocrate, and if you did leave it to rot, then you wasted part of that animal that can be used. So tell us...which type of idiot are you?!

tuner
08-14-2017, 09:12 PM
This just the beginning of the NDP's "final solution" to the hunting question, there's far worse to come.

northof49
08-14-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm pro-grizzly hunting. I don't like wastefulness. Maybe hunters should have had a louder voice re: meat retention in the past, so there wasn't a need for this policy.

You dont know what you are talking about. This has nothing to do with meat consumption and everything to do with the NDP desperately grasping at new ways to chase votes by playing on emotions.

tuner
08-14-2017, 09:14 PM
This site has become infected with NDP trolls, the ignore button is not sufficient.

kolofardos
08-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Sorry you feel this way, but do us all a very big favor and quit HBC and go back to your non hunting tree hugging left wing nut union friends and enjoy your latte. Don't let the door slam in the ass to hard on the way out

^^^^^^This.

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 09:16 PM
What the f";&; can't keep the hide or head or paws???! So what that has to rot now?!! Wtf are these idiots thinking in friggin believable whoever voted these pigs should be shot

I've read some interesting posts this evening: lack of understanding of the reasoning behind this legislation, unwilling to look for common ground, conspiracy theories, suggesting violence against folks who voted for the NDP.

Hey mods, are violent comments allowed?

C'mon Gatehouse you seem to be following this thread, what's your opinion?

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 09:22 PM
I've read some interesting posts this evening: lack of understanding of the reasoning behind this legislation, unwilling to look for common ground, conspiracy theories, suggesting violence against folks who voted for the NDP.

What the f";&; can't keep the hide or head or paws???! So what that has to rot now?!! Wtf are these idiots thinking in friggin believable whoever voted these pigs should be relocated to North Korea

Last edited by monasheemountainman (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/posthistory.php?p=1927097); Today at 09:21 PM.

there I fixed it for you since you're so sensitive

Ohwildwon
08-14-2017, 09:23 PM
Hopefully his opinion is, you and wolf idiot, need a time out...

In the very least...

U2 are obviously not hunters, if so, **** off anyways..

northof49
08-14-2017, 09:23 PM

Hmmmm.....wolfdown??? Sounds like you like to lay waste to wolves with username like that. Hypocritical no??? Or do you like field dressing and consuming your wolves and feeding them to your wife and kids.

kolofardos
08-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Hopefully his opinion is, you and wolf idiot, need a time out...

In the very least...

U2 are obviously not hunters, if so, **** off anyways..

^^^^^^^^^^ And this!

RackStar
08-14-2017, 09:27 PM

Quit your b*tchin if it's not one thing it's another

300rum700
08-14-2017, 09:29 PM

I can point you to literally hundreds of thousands of violent post towards hunters, only seems fitting you get a bit of it back. If you can't handle the heat get out of the fire.

No but really.... Get the **** out.

338win mag
08-14-2017, 09:31 PM
I only hope the GO's will finally quit using the "trophy" terminology in their advertising and rhetoric ... for all species. If they don't then Sheep, Caribou, Mtn. Goat and Northern Moose will be on the agenda.

Give your head a shake Boyz!

Hunting should always be about the meat ... the yippedy-yap days are done in B.C.

Remember ... we are California North.

This^^^^^^^^^

IslandWanderer
08-14-2017, 09:34 PM

Last edited by monasheemountainman (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/posthistory.php?p=1927097); Today at 09:21 PM.

there I fixed it for you since you're so sensitive

Thanks dude. I appreciate it. If you've read the whole forum you'll see that I'm pro grizzly hunt and all for keeping trophies along with the meat. You will also see that I hope we can find a way to keep both meat and hides, but that I see this legislation as necessary at this time. There's a range of viewpoints amongst hunters. Let's try to work together.

358mag
08-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Thanks dude. I appreciate it. If you've read the whole forum you'll see that I'm pro grizzly hunt and all for keeping trophies along with the meat. You will also see that I hope we can find a way to keep both meat and hides, but that I see this legislation as necessary at this time. There's a range of viewpoints amongst hunters. Let's try to work together.

Nice bait + switch

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 09:39 PM

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1926877#post1926877)

^^^you literally said it's a good thing to have to leave the hide and head behind

Ohwildwon
08-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Nice bait + switch

Ha Ha!! Love it!! ;)

AJWeaver
08-14-2017, 09:42 PM
My take on the confusing tale of the government's inept grizzly bear policy.

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2017/08/14/political-stunts-political-spin-confusing-tale-governments-inept-grizzly-bear-policy/

Bear Chaser
08-14-2017, 09:45 PM

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2017/08/14/political-stunts-political-spin-confusing-tale-governments-inept-grizzly-bear-policy/

Wow this is rich.
Are you or are you not the guy that is propping these dipshits up?

Gateholio
08-14-2017, 09:50 PM

My opinion is that anyone who supports legislation forcing hunters to leave useful parts of an animal behind is an absolute idiot.

SSG-man
08-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Good luck with them.... you teamed up now you gotta pay the price.

srupp
08-14-2017, 09:52 PM
Hmm trophy is just another word for momento"..to bring back something to remember the experience.i am a meat hunter..how we ate at home when we would have been eating wieners and kfd" still 90 % in my freezer.its pretty easy to shoot a yearling deer, calf moose..it gets harder to fool a wise old whitetail..eat the meat antlers on the wall..truly exceptional animals are head mounts..my choice.my money.....error our money.
The city slicker don't have the knowledge to survive off the land..fool a whitetail..they choose to ride around in an electric cart chasing and repeatable hitting a defenseless round pocked white ball..unbelievable..
The laws in BC stipulate the size of the animal allowable for harvest..based on age.size of headgear.making it harder by requiring mature smarter quarrry"
Mature animals have experience, an intimate knowledge of the land, incredible eyesight, hearing, sense of smell, all developed over years.to harvest on is an acomplished. .they are in far superior strength, stamina..it take considerable effort..ore than a chuck steak from the store.
Historically the best most brave, hunters were selected to hunt grizzlies..it took real hunting skills, and more than just a tad bit of bravery.the momento..the trophy rug was a sign of accomplishment.a epic achievement. Folks today in the big cities think achievement is endangering others monies as a banker without being caught..
I still go down and look at what I achieved when effort and opportunity collided..sheep, pronghorn, and yes over 26 year old grizzly..plus photos of folks I helped achieve their dreams.
There are plenty of grizzlies..it being closed for political promises not conservation. And to insist the heads and hides get scrapped is not respecting the magnification animal, the effort, skill, time..the achievement...I'm proud of my accomplishments..and the momentos"...trophies I brought home..my sheep I carried out the Cape horns. .and d every scrap of meat...20 kms.
I'm just as proud of bears.
They represent 1 city.none of the rural area..they will hear..
Steven

338win mag
08-14-2017, 09:54 PM

Well,, you pass the BS test with flying colors..nothing fishy here...

bcsteve
08-14-2017, 09:55 PM
My opinion is that anyone who supports legislation forcing hunters to leave useful parts of an animal behind is an absolute idiot.
Lol! He did ask for your opinion.

scoutlt1
08-14-2017, 09:55 PM

As the saying goes....."You reap what you sow"

When are you going to cut the bullshit and admit that you are working towards completely ending grizzly hunting in B.C.?

Gateholio
08-14-2017, 09:58 PM

You should have supported the Liberals,you probably would have been able to get your original bill passed. Greens could have really got something done instead of just being in place to prop up the NDP when they demand it.

northof49
08-14-2017, 10:02 PM

Awesome.....needed a good laugh!!

Ohwildwon
08-14-2017, 10:02 PM

If you are willing to take this stance, well guess what, you need to do a hell of a lot more if you want any respect with hunters on here..

The stage is set for you to bat it out of the park, lets see if your up to the challenge?

You are a scientist, back it up, and try to educate the uneducated....

One hundred thousand hunters can translate to one million voters, if that's what your here for?..

180grainer
08-14-2017, 10:03 PM

Dude, why did you align with the NDP? The Greens had an opportunity to show the people of BC what they stand for by being a swing vote on controversial issues such as this. But you joined the Socialists and your party will be tainted by their lunacy, (such as this) for years to come.

MB_Boy
08-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Without reading all 23 pages but having read the article, is it stating that residents and nonresidents can't possess head, hide nor hair? So anyone who gets an LEH can only take home the meat?

monasheemountainman
08-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Without reading all 23 pages but having read the article, is it stating that residents and nonresidents can't possess head, hide nor hair? So anyone who gets an LEH can only take home the meat?

Thats correct

139grainsofhell
08-14-2017, 10:11 PM
I'm very proud to be an NDP supporter today!

Horgan is that you creeping on a hunting site ?????

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 10:19 PM
First Nations people's used all parts of the animals they harvested, why shouldn't we have that right? well if you want their rights.. then we'll all poach every remaining animal left, and well were at it we will net all the remaining fish too!

Rob Chipman
08-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Islandwanderer:

"lack of understanding of the reasoning behind this legislation, unwilling to look for common ground,"

Science is the common ground in this case. As far as the reasoning behind the legislation goes the NDP has already said it's because they don't think the hunt is socially acceptable. The danger with basing wildlife policy on what's socially acceptable is that wildlife will suffer.

You and your party are choosing what is socially acceptable to a segment of society and ignoring science. Would you recommend the same approach to say, climate change?

Anyway, make a reasonable case for the ban. I'm dying to read it.

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 10:26 PM
One quick question? Do you practice catch and release? Or do you catch just one fish, kill it, and eat it?
Catch and release only!

ROY-alty33
08-14-2017, 10:28 PM
Well AJWeaver
Sounds like you have a choice to make, allow legislation to pass or force it to die on the legislature floor.

primmed99
08-14-2017, 10:29 PM
If you leave hide,skull,paws in the bush how can they really tell what animal you sack of meat came from?? Doesn't make sense yet

Fisher-Dude
08-14-2017, 10:32 PM

Anti-hunter words right there.

This troll obviously doesn't understand why we hunt.

Ohwildwon
08-14-2017, 10:33 PM
If you leave hide,skull,paws in the bush how can they really tell what animal you sack of meat came from?? Doesn't make sense yet

Yet?

Spock would say, "there is no logic here"

Red_Mist
08-14-2017, 10:35 PM

Yes I'm also confused. I don't understand how your expecting to gain the support for the Green party by resident hunters in this province by shutting down a hunt Andrew? Further, I'm confused by your post. I read your link including the media release.

“B.C. and Alberta are the only provinces without Endangered Species legislation. I will work with the government to ensure the introduction of species at risk legislation is advanced in the near future,” says Weaver.

Are you suggesting the ban didn't go far enough? and the grizzly bears are endangered? I mean the entire release is about the grizzly hunt so i'm not sure how the above fits into that??? If this is related to something else please correct my assertion. Do what's right and ensure BC hunters are represented so we can continue to hunt grizzly bear including keeping hide/head/meat.

Gateholio
08-14-2017, 10:36 PM
Anti-hunter words right there.

This troll obviously doesn't understand why we hunt.

Like I said, if people question the benefit of hides they really don't know much about hunting.

northof49
08-14-2017, 10:40 PM
This is pretty rich coming from someone who doen't support the grizzly hunt as it was. Tastey wolves.....yum yum. Nothing like dump hunting.

06-09-2017, 08:10 AM
#1 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?137404-Wolves-around-vanderhoof!&p=1910498#post1910498)

Wolfdown (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?332040-Wolfdown)
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/statusicon/user-online.pngMember

Join DateJun 2017Posts37

Wolves around vanderhoof!

I'm going to be up in the vanderhoof area in the next coupes of weeks and I'd like to try to get a wolf or two! I was up there a few years ago and was told that the dump road up towards fort st james was a good place to look.

Red_Mist
08-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Catch and release only!

Well aren't you a sick ******* for torturing fish. You realize that 30-60% of catch and release fish die any ways hey?

eric
08-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Can't wait to start shooting them Grizzlies and leave them to rot..
Will save a ton of ungulates.
Phugging NDP co..suckers

Drillbit
08-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Islandwanderer & Wolfdown

Troll Report card time.

6 & 4 out of 10. And that's being generous as you are NDPers and I don't want to melt your snowflake.

You need to learn more about the subject you are trolling to do a better job. AstroTurfing.....that's your homework.
Piss poor job boys, not even entertaining.

FD would troll the shit out of you guys, and probably is on some NDP "best porcupine thong underwear for jogging/kayaking" thread

180grainer
08-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Don't forget. The comment about no head or pelt comes from the media who in turn was talking to a Clown that doesn't really understand what he's doing connected to a Government that doesn't know what its doing. The after thoughts should start coming in the future about what the actual law will be. You know, like once they figure out the skull has to come out for inspection purposes etc. This is a politically motivated move by people who don't know a thing about hunting or the Grizzly hunt itself.

Ferenc
08-14-2017, 10:47 PM
What in the hell are you supposed to summit for compulsory inspection .. a pic !!

primmed99
08-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Going to be more to this story, they admit they don't even have it figured out yet, we will see more on this

primmed99
08-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Don't forget. The comment about no head or pelt comes from the media who in turn was talking to a Clown that doesn't really understand what he's doing connected to a Government that doesn't know what its doing. The after thoughts should start coming in the future about what the actual law will be. You know, like once they figure out the skull has to come out for inspection purposes etc. This is a politically motivated move by people who don't know a thing about hunting or the Grizzly hunt itself.

Yes we will see see more on this, media taking a idiots word as gospel

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Well aren't you a sick ******* for torturing fish. You realize that 30-60% of catch and release fish die any ways hey?
That number is certainly inaccurate if it's done correctly!

Wolfdown
08-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Islandwanderer & Wolfdown

Troll Report card time.

6 & 4 out of 10. And that's being generous as you are NDPers and I don't want to melt your snowflake.

You need to learn more about the subject you are trolling to do a better job. AstroTurfing.....that's your homework.
Piss poor job boys, not even entertaining.

FD would troll the shit out of you guys, and probably is on some NDP "best porcupine thong underwear for jogging/kayaking" thread NDPers? Far from it.. I am the opposite of an NDPer.. I think Horgan is a complete asshat and would never vote for him! That being said it doesn't mean I don't agree with this decision.

bearvalley
08-14-2017, 11:01 PM

This we need to remember.
Donaldson represents a region that highly supports the grizzly hunt.

brownmancheng
08-15-2017, 12:09 AM
Can't Weaver and Greens vote against it with liberals? If it is like federal politics only affects coalition if it is a confidence motion. NPD looks good to their constituents for introducing and it goes nowhere. Greens look good for standing their ground. Win Win for both parties.

One thing, I think we need to lay off the attacks on Mr. Weaver every time he posts. I have not seen any other political figure engage the community .

He says he supports. science based approach. Do I know his actual motivations? Nope.

We need be able.to clearly articulate our position with facts to anyone that will listen. Especially those in government ...

Surrey Boy
08-15-2017, 12:37 AM
As a politician, it's his duty to relate to people. If he miscommunicated, he's too incompetent to vote for.