PDA

View Full Version : sheep hunt made me sick.

pro 111
08-06-2017, 11:24 PM
So My son and I and a friend of mine head out for a well planned fly in sheep hunt in region 6. We went in a couple days early to hike into the areas we know the sheep are usually in and to get set up and maybe locate a good ram for opening day. We meet the outfitter before we go and make a plan with him . tell him where we want to hunt as not to cross paths. The first day we run into goats running around the side of the mountain out in the open on gentle slopes. This would be the 29th of July. The next day 30th . we glass a wolverine down in a gully slinking along. Somethings up but we just keep hiking. Same day we run into a pile of human shit and an emty jet boil canister. Shit was fresh. We think OK maybe the guides been up here and scouted out the area before time and they just didnt want to tell us. No big deal as we never thought anything would have been shot at. we make camp. Next day we move on up the valley slowly glassing as we plod along. My son is 13 so were in no rush , although he seems to be suprisingly not tired . lol. Day before opener . No sign of an animal period. Fresh boot track in the mud though by some water. We make camp early and go up high and glass until it gets dark. Nothing to go on for the opener. No big deal this has happened before and turned out good. were up at 4;30 and packing up camp to keep moving along. Mid day we set up in a well hidden spot not to far from some good sheep hills. We hike outa camp around 3 to get set up for some afternoon and evening glassing. We are making our way through the rocks believe it or not and wouldnt you know it. another pile of day or two old shit with paper all around. Now we are getting a little discouraged. Shit seems to be getting fresher but still two days old. We have a bad feeling. Someones in here hunting ahead of opening day. Saw 3 sheep and there jammed into the cliffs and in a panic when they see us. Two small ewes and a banana ram . Our experiance tells us that somethings not quite right here for opening day , but we stay positve. Next day scout and glass some real nice ground. Nothing. We are discouraged and decide to hike back to the lake and try another valley.
We get there mid next day. Kid wants to fish , I want to swim and clean up. Something catches my eye in the bush. Its camping gear. I go to check it out. Wow , two sheep heads. One legal one an inch short 6 years old stashed in the bush. Beside is a bag full of meat with baseball size fly egg clumps on the bag and a rotting smell. Also a rifle . Tika t3 300win mag. Clip in unatended with bullets. Ok you assholes can come outa the bush now I yell . we Know you guys have been hunting early . No reply. I cant resist as I look in the bag of meat. Its heavy . Lots a meat. Put in orange garbage bags . Gross stinking crawling sheep meat. I show my partner and he starts to gag. Literally its slimy and green.

We call up the outfitter. He is furious. Our plane shows up. We leave. Outfitter flys in and has called Atlin CO service. I touch base with the outfitter later that night. He sais you wont believe this . Stewards of the land had beat us to the punch. They flew out of Atlin many days early. CO sais theres nothing he can do. I wonder if the pilot let that rotten bag of meat on his plane.

OK heres my opinion. U wanna hunt early because its your right. Fine . Take care of your meat and your Capes . Those guys showed total disrespect for those animals as well as ruin a legitamate sheep hunt. I hope there band has the balls to deal out the right punishment to to these ass holes . Our government is to chickenshit to do anything about it. Always whining theres no game left and blockading roads and access trails. Start practicing what you guys preach. Everyone who has had similar experiances should write letters and start flooding the internet with there stories and writing to our local MLA. This experiance made me and my hunting partner sick. Basically this looked like they were trying to screw over the outfitter and any other hunters that were going to be hunting this area. The nicest Ram that was legal had one inch of hair all the way around the base of the horns. The illegal one was perfect. One guy knew his shit, the other was a rookie. The Airplane services should also grow a set of nuts and refuse to fly this type of bullshit in and outa the bush. This goes for Native and Non Native.

Until next time, Thats my rant for the year.
Pro.

Ltbullken
08-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Stewards of the land eh?

Bear Chaser
08-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Wow that's pretty disappointing to say the least.

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
08-07-2017, 12:08 AM
So My son and I and a friend of mine head out for a well planned fly in sheep hunt in region 6. We went in a couple days early to hike into the areas we know the sheep are usually in and to get set up and maybe locate a good ram for opening day. We meet the outfitter before we go and make a plan with him . tell him where we want to hunt as not to cross paths. The first day we run into goats running around the side of the mountain out in the open on gentle slopes. This would be the 29th of July. The next day 30th . we glass a wolverine down in a gully slinking along. Somethings up but we just keep hiking. Same day we run into a pile of human shit and an emty jet boil canister. Shit was fresh. We think OK maybe the guides been up here and scouted out the area before time and they just didnt want to tell us. No big deal as we never thought anything would have been shot at. we make camp. Next day we move on up the valley slowly glassing as we plod along. My son is 13 so were in no rush , although he seems to be suprisingly not tired . lol. Day before opener . No sign of an animal period. Fresh boot track in the mud though by some water. We make camp early and go up high and glass until it gets dark. Nothing to go on for the opener. No big deal this has happened before and turned out good. were up at 4;30 and packing up camp to keep moving along. Mid day we set up in a well hidden spot not to far from some good sheep hills. We hike outa camp around 3 to get set up for some afternoon and evening glassing. We are making our way through the rocks believe it or not and wouldnt you know it. another pile of day or two old shit with paper all around. Now we are getting a little discouraged. Shit seems to be getting fresher but still two days old. We have a bad feeling. Someones in here hunting ahead of opening day. Saw 3 sheep and there jammed into the cliffs and in a panic when they see us. Two small ewes and a banana ram . Our experiance tells us that somethings not quite right here for opening day , but we stay positve. Next day scout and glass some real nice ground. Nothing. We are discouraged and decide to hike back to the lake and try another valley.
We get there mid next day. Kid wants to fish , I want to swim and clean up. Something catches my eye in the bush. Its camping gear. I go to check it out. Wow , two sheep heads. One legal one an inch short 6 years old stashed in the bush. Beside is a bag full of meat with baseball size fly egg clumps on the bag and a rotting smell. Also a rifle . Tika t3 300win mag. Clip in unatended with bullets. Ok you assholes can come outa the bush now I yell . we Know you guys have been hunting early . No reply. I cant resist as I look in the bag of meat. Its heavy . Lots a meat. Put in orange garbage bags . Gross stinking crawling sheep meat. I show my partner and he starts to gag. Literally its slimy and green.

We call up the outfitter. He is furious. Our plane shows up. We leave. Outfitter flys in and has called Atlin CO service. I touch base with the outfitter later that night. He sais you wont believe this . Stewards of the land had beat us to the punch. They flew out of Atlin many days early. CO sais theres nothing he can do. I wonder if the pilot let that rotten bag of meat on his plane.

OK heres my opinion. U wanna hunt early because its your right. Fine . Take care of your meat and your Capes . Those guys showed total disrespect for those animals as well as ruin a legitamate sheep hunt. I hope there band has the balls to deal out the right punishment to to these ass holes . Our government is to chickenshit to do anything about it. Always whining theres no game left and blockading roads and access trails. Start practicing what you guys preach. Everyone who has had similar experiances should write letters and start flooding the internet with there stories and writing to our local MLA. This experiance made me and my hunting partner sick. Basically this looked like they were trying to screw over the outfitter and any other hunters that were going to be hunting this area. The nicest Ram that was legal had one inch of hair all the way around the base of the horns. The illegal one was perfect. One guy knew his shit, the other was a rookie. The Airplane services should also grow a set of nuts and refuse to fly this type of bullshit in and outa the bush. This goes for Native and Non Native.

Pro.

#GROSSAF

Contact the band and complain! If you know anyone personally, especially Elders it can help plenty. If not just get the contact for the nearest rez.

Glenny
08-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Did you keep the gun?

digger dogger
08-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Put ur pics and story on fb.

blackhawk19
08-07-2017, 07:13 AM
it was probably a govt plane that flew them in

LBM
08-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Put ur pics and story on fb.

Why not post them here as well and if this is true send them to the papers and news as well, this is
the only way things like this will get out

Ride Red
08-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Yes, your pictures and story need to be made public.

HarryToolips
08-07-2017, 09:04 AM
^^^^this is true, they need to be exposed and make their band ashamed.....sorry to hear your bad experience OP..

goatdancer
08-07-2017, 09:10 AM
They must be doing " sustenance " hunting because they are destitute. But wait, a fly-in hunt and a Tikka T3?

The Hermit
08-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Man I would have kept the rifle for sure! Post the pics, send the story to the press! Thanks

russm
08-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Stay on "your" island and shoot your 15 fawns, we don't want you over here and the ferry is expensive. :)

boxhitch
08-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Contact Larry Pynn at the Vancouver Sun , he likes this kind of story

Hope you have some good pics and some detailed notes, or else its just another story

Cat catcher
08-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Hey pm me I just got in from sheep hunting out of atlin, did you guys have 2 tents? Orange and white and a sand coloured one? Thanks. This sucks, send me your pics I will raise concerns with the band and locals as I live here.

kitnayakwa77
08-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Just curious how you know they are FN people other than the guide saying so?

Sportster
08-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Experienced something similar to this story last year in northern Alberta. person or persons where driving around shooting moose and leaving them dead in the fields between the Barrhead Marathorp White court area. if I remember last report I heard was eight animals found. CO's where desperately seeking information on the local radio stations. we had lunch at a local cafe in Fort Assinaboid, lots of finger pointing and accusitions being made. The locals seemed to have a pretty good idea who the culprits where as it seemed to be happening in the Fall for the few years. Sick!.and I'll just leave it at that.

pro 111
08-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Stay on "your" island and shoot your 15 fawns, we don't want you over here and the ferry is expensive. :) Actually I like to load up on yews and lambs when i roll past good hope lake. Unfortunatly this time there were none there and my fake ID band card got lost in the wash last year. I hate that when that happens.

pro 111
08-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Just curious how you know they are FN people other than the guide saying so? info from the CO in Atlin.

pro 111
08-07-2017, 03:55 PM
info from the CO in Atlin. Just to be clear as well . I am not a racist . This just pissed me off. I support food fishing and hunting. Just not wasting awesome meat. Same thing goes on here with a few of the locals. The band here hates this bullshit as well. Its time our local government cracks down hard and starts dishing out the proper penalties.

goatdancer
08-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Did those suckers fly back out or did Mother Nature take care of them back in the bush somewhere? My wife suggested that maybe some grizz got them or they fell off a cliff and are now one with the earth. Who TF would leave a Tikka T3 in the bush as well as all the meat?

Boner
08-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Man I would have kept the rifle for sure! Post the pics, send the story to the press! Thanks

Im not a tikka guy, but I agree with this. :)

pro 111
08-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Did those suckers fly back out or did Mother Nature take care of them back in the bush somewhere? My wife suggested that maybe some grizz got them or they fell off a cliff and are now one with the earth. Who TF would leave a Tikka T3 in the bush as well as all the meat?
was at lakeside hiden under some buckbrush. Hornady sst 300win mag . non in the pipe two in the clip.

pro 111
08-07-2017, 05:25 PM
was gonna take more photos but the hair was up on the back of my neck . lol. pretty sure i was being glassed from somewhere in the area not far away. Had my 13 year old boy with me so i was happy actually not to have met them in person .

Bugle M In
08-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Did you keep the gun?

You beat me to it.......
That would have got there attention.....you know...start walking away with the rifle...

As for the OP....not surprised one bit....and no one will get any punishment.....certainly not from the band council.
They'll just say....looking into it, and will be dealt with.
Unless these actions actually created loss to the band and their interests....nothing will happen.
Sorry for the bad experience....just had issues also with a band while out fishing...never going to spend a penny in
that valley again either (which band....the ones at fountain lake near Lillooet....whatever the hell they call themselves...
couldn't care less anymore)..

Dougielightning
08-09-2017, 08:53 AM
wildlife offences need to be dealt with much more severely!!!! One country one law for all. Whether your a native, resident hunter, guide outfitter, or a god damn poacher. This crap has to stop.

VFX_man
08-09-2017, 09:51 AM
was at lakeside hiden under some buckbrush. Hornady sst 300win mag . non in the pipe two in the clip.

You by chance grab the serial number off of the rifle? I know that could be tricky touching someone's firearm . . . but that might help "clear" things up a bit.

Linksman313
08-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Experienced something similar to this story last year in northern Alberta. person or persons where driving around shooting moose and leaving them dead in the fields between the Barrhead Marathorp White court area. if I remember last report I heard was eight animals found. CO's where desperately seeking information on the local radio stations. we had lunch at a local cafe in Fort Assinaboid, lots of finger pointing and accusitions being made. The locals seemed to have a pretty good idea who the culprits where as it seemed to be happening in the Fall for the few years. Sick!.and I'll just leave it at that.

Some of my old stomping grounds, AB record Whitetail shot in Ft Assiniboine area some years back, don't know if it still stands.

Bugle M In
08-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Some of my old stomping grounds, AB record Whitetail shot in Ft Assiniboine area some years back, don't know if it still stands.

Hmmm...my father inlaw has a place up there...

digger dogger
08-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure leaving a gun out is a violation.

Travalanche
08-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Pretty sure leaving a gun out is a violation.

Unattended, loaded firearm, yup. would be considered unsafe storage.

srupp
08-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Hmm wanton waste is a crime regardless of who..responsibility to use not waste any wildlife..sustenance hunt? Used for food purposes.
Still can't wrap my mind around leaving the rifle.....
Srupp

LBM
08-09-2017, 07:43 PM
was gonna take more photos but the hair was up on the back of my neck . lol. pretty sure i was being glassed from somewhere in the area not far away. Had my 13 year old boy with me so i was happy actually not to have met them in person .
So were any photos taken at all and submitted for evidence or available to be sent to other sources to let no what has been done.

TexasWalker
08-10-2017, 04:10 AM
Where are the pictures???

campking
08-10-2017, 05:58 AM
I would think whatever airline/company flew them in would have a record of flying them out, if not than
i suspect something catastrophic happened to them possibly bear attack.

Cat catcher
08-10-2017, 06:06 AM
Would love to take pictures to the next wildlife meeting at the band when bios are there and when they start talking road blockage to save there animals show them the pics. Would be neat to hear what they have to say then.

338win mag
08-10-2017, 06:16 AM

You were afraid to take pics, but not afraid to handle the firearm?
Post up any pics you do have. Scary having your young son with you if something did happen.

Mosin
08-10-2017, 06:45 AM
You seem to be answering questions about what the CO said but seem to be ignoring enquiries about pictures, let's see the pics u did manage to take.

firebird
08-11-2017, 12:10 PM
If they want their traditional hunting rights intact they should have to hunt in the same traditional manner with long bows, wooden arrows with flint tips, or spears. No Atvs/airplanes/trucks or spot lights.

If if they want to use rifles (modern weapons) they should have to follow the modern laws (2017 regulations)

HappyJack
08-11-2017, 10:14 PM
If they want their traditional hunting rights intact they should have to hunt in the same traditional manner with long bows, wooden arrows with flint tips, or spears. No Atvs/airplanes/trucks or spot lights.

If if they want to use rifles (modern weapons) they should have to follow the modern laws (2017 regulations)

What do you mean "if they want"?? They have all of that now, they can hunt with what ever they choose and all they have to do is follow current laws. Which means they can pretty much do what ever they like, and they didn't write the laws, OUR elected representatives did and I think if we looked back we would find out they were conservatives too. ;-)

IslandWanderer
08-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Pictures? You took some right?

338win mag
08-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Something tells me there could be a teensy bit of bullschitt presented here.

pro 111
08-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Pictures? You took some right? U bet I did Take a few pics . The bag of Rotten Meat I never took a picture of it as I would have had to open it right up and take out the meat. Horns . Gun . I took pics . Directions on how to post em and I will give it a shot.

Caribou_lou
08-12-2017, 11:24 AM

The only Bullshit is by the party that was in there before the season... The Pilots should have informed you they were in there also. In my opinion

IronNoggin
08-12-2017, 03:05 PM
... Directions on how to post em and I will give it a shot.

Incoming PM...

Watch yer tongue there Sonny :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

lorneparker1
08-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Where are the pictures???

THIS!!!

Lorne

RiverOtter
08-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Hang onto your panties boys, I've seen the pics and heard the story first hand from Pro's partner. If anything, the events posted by the OP are cast in a better light than actual events.

Xenomorph
08-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Hang onto your panties boys, I've seen the pics and heard the story first hand from Pro's partner. If anything, the events posted by the OP are cast in a better light than actual events.

This right here needs to be supported all the way up to Hordan & Weaver with written complaints to the Aitlin RCMP detachment.. Sustenance hunt or not, waste of meat and firearm violations are ONE rule for all. We need to make sure they're enforced. Otherwise, we need to see this in court and each and every one of us to have the right to do the same. This BS needs to end.

Let's see the pics and let's get the complaints out.

IslandWanderer
08-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Should the OP alert the media? Is it newsworthy?

REMINGTON JIM
08-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Its AMAZING how some people can be such ASSHOLES ! :-( RJ

scottwh
08-12-2017, 09:28 PM
I have been thinking about this alot... Did these people fly back out for sure? Looks like an effort was make to pack the meat out and heads. Why would they leave it? Why would they leave a rifle? What else was left behind? Is it possible they got hurt some where and couldnt return to packs? Im not sticking up at all for these people, just doesnt seem right....

338win mag
08-13-2017, 07:57 AM
I understand posting pics isn't easy.
Now that someone of credibility has actually seen the pics I'm inclined to believe the OP story. Hard to believe such a bizarre story without proof.
Now I'm wondering why didn't the CO persue an investigation? No matter who the perps are as there were 2 offences committed and I would think that law enforcement would be all over it, isn't that what they do?

afflicted 1
08-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Should have threw rifle in lake just for good measure..

Xenomorph
08-13-2017, 11:53 AM
I have been thinking about this alot... Did these people fly back out for sure? Looks like an effort was make to pack the meat out and heads. Why would they leave it? Why would they leave a rifle? What else was left behind? Is it possible they got hurt some where and couldnt return to packs? Im not sticking up at all for these people, just doesnt seem right....

You get hurt with two rams worth of meat you call the CO and have it recovered; such a shame to waste it, and to be find in firearm violation too. Any one of you people here do that at hunting camp and you're found ...you know what happens, right?

scottwh
08-13-2017, 12:01 PM
You get hurt with two rams worth of meat you call the CO and have it recovered; such a shame to waste it, and to be find in firearm violation too. Any one of you people here do that at hunting camp and you're found ...you know what happens, right?

I agree. But my point was, were they still up there? Did the for sure get flown back out?

northof49
08-13-2017, 12:26 PM
I agree. But my point was, were they still up there? Did the for sure get flown back out?

You are correct to have concerns and ask those questions. Obviously they would not have left them there. Likely stashed and headed off with packs and one gun to retrieve second load. Maybe something did happen....bear encounter, lost, etc. It is right to be concerned when something doesn't seem right. Sounds like enough folks were notified that we will hear the rest of the story soon enuf.

REMINGTON JIM
08-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Interesting still NO pictures ? :shock: RJ

Stone C. Killer
08-13-2017, 08:30 PM
I for one don't think the op came on here trying to prove something. Pretty sure he was just sharing his story. If you dont want to believe him just cause he hasnt posted pics thats your own choice. Sure seems to be alot of private investagors on here lol

Bchunt
08-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Good day folks. I made an account just to respond to this thread. Long time lurker here - as in many years. I have lived all over the north and have had many interactions with native hunters and guide outfitters. What has been described is quite odd. Not saying it is impossible, just odd

Ask yourselves - when was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had flown in by float plane? When was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had a Tika rifle? When was the last time you had an encounter with a person who back packed all the meat and horns to a lake and then just left it? The hard work was done by that point

Now go back and re-read the story and see where the allegation that it was natives first came from. Now, what does your common sense interpretation of the facts (as described) lead you to

Just a thought, maybe it wasn't a native hunter.......

Dougielightning
08-13-2017, 10:53 PM
Good day folks. I made an account just to respond to this thread. Long time lurker here - as in many years. I have lived all over the north and have had many interactions with native hunters and guide outfitters. What has been described is quite odd. Not saying it is impossible, just odd

Ask yourselves - when was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had flown in by float plane? When was the last time you had an encounter with a native who had a Tika rifle? When was the last time you had an encounter with a person who back packed all the meat and horns to a lake and then just left it? The hard work was done by that point

Now go back and re-read the story and see where the allegation that it was natives first came from. Now, what does your common sense interpretation of the facts (as described) lead you to

wow, a guy tells the story of his hunt and isn't able to post pictures or specifics yet and look out the consperacy theorists are out in full force. Last time I saw a native with a tikka, hmmmm not sure what this means, readily sold gun I think, float planes???? Don't natives ride in float planes, lol, I too have heard this story first hand too and from about as straight of a shooter as a guy gets. What my common sense interpretation of the facts tells me is maybe for your first post should've been a joke.

IslandWanderer
08-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Pictures would be great.

mpotzold
08-13-2017, 11:27 PM

A critical thinker, no doubt!:smile:

Welcome to HBC.

S.W.A.T.
08-14-2017, 06:21 AM

Or maybe it didn't happen at all. Why would someone, natives or not go through all that work to walk away

Weatherby Fan
08-14-2017, 07:26 AM
First off it was shooting a Tikka so we know it is a knothead !

All kidding aside no matter who did this it's a clear case of poaching, a senseless slaughter of a precious resource.

Ron.C
08-14-2017, 07:42 AM
Just curious, what would you do if you harvest an animal and due to circumstances, don't recover it into after it has spoiled, or just plain mess up and don't get the meat out in time?

northof49
08-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Just curious, what would you do if you harvest an animal and due to circumstances, don't recover it into after it has spoiled, or just plain mess up and don't get the meat out in time?

Shouldn't happen. Dont pull trigger if not prepared with plan in place. If it does happen for some reason cut tag and learn from it so does not happen again. Report circumstances to CO so not charged for not recovering the meat.

IronNoggin
08-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Interesting still NO pictures ? :shock: RJ

Made the offer to host & post.
Zero response.
Still applies...

Cheers,
Nog

REMINGTON JIM
08-14-2017, 12:25 PM
I for one don't think the op came on here trying to prove something. Pretty sure he was just sharing his story. If you dont want to believe him just cause he hasnt posted pics thats your own choice. Sure seems to be alot of private investagors on here lol

NOTHING to do with Believing him - Because i do ! :smile: just wanted to see the MESS left there ! So dont ASSUME or Private investigate yourself Pal ! :wink: RJ

REMINGTON JIM
08-14-2017, 12:26 PM
First off it was shooting a Tikka so we know it is a knothead !

All kidding aside no matter who did this it's a clear case of poaching, a senseless slaughter of a precious resource.

HEY ! thats just MEAN ! :wink: RJ

rimfire
08-14-2017, 12:34 PM
HEY ! thats just MEAN ! :wink: RJ

Someone shooting a Tikka would think that! So Jim, where were you the evening of the incident? /s

REMINGTON JIM
08-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Someone shooting a Tikka would think that! So Jim, where were you the evening of the incident? /s

My one and only Tikka is a 338 Federal :biggrin: so it weren't me ! RJ

pro 111
08-15-2017, 03:55 PM

Just a thought, maybe it wasn't a native hunter.......I was told by the Atlin CO that it was Natives hunting there traditional Territory and there was nothing he could do. He met them off of the plane and questioed them in Atlin. Why would I make up a story like this? Also a fellow HBC member is gonna post some pics. I shoulda taken more now that i think about it. But I took enough.

Darksith
08-15-2017, 04:02 PM

Pro.

I would of taken that rifle...abandoned IMO...also what band was this? I would be inclined to contact them and complain

Darksith
08-15-2017, 04:04 PM
I was told by the Atlin CO that it was Natives hunting there traditional Territory and there was nothing he could do. He met them off of the plane and questioed them in Atlin. Why would I make up a story like this? Also a fellow HBC member is gonna post some pics. I shoulda taken more now that i think about it. But I took enough.

why would he meet them off the plane if there was no incident yet, or were they still in hiding in the bushes when you left?

Bchunt
08-15-2017, 07:54 PM
I was told by the Atlin CO that it was Natives hunting there traditional Territory and there was nothing he could do. He met them off of the plane and questioed them in Atlin. Why would I make up a story like this? Also a fellow HBC member is gonna post some pics. I shoulda taken more now that i think about it. But I took enough.

this is a weird story. So they clearly flew out, as the CO met them. Did they forget the firearm in the bush because they made it on the plane. Did they forget the meat and horns? When you spoke to the CO did you tell him about the meat and firearm? Any CO worth his salt knows that First Nations are allowed to hunt for sustenance and ceremonial purposes but are not allowed to waste edible portions of wildlife. That CO, if he knows the facts that you described should have been all over it.

I am not doubting you Pro111. As I have said many times, this story is quite odd and there seems to be parts of it still unknown.

What did you do with firearm when you left?

RiverOtter
08-15-2017, 10:42 PM
https://s30.postimg.org/g9w3fv7xt/IMG_4677.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s11.postimg.org/pdw7n7yib/IMG_4673.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s29.postimg.org/odf6f6guf/IMG_4674.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s3.postimg.org/5858upatf/IMG_4666.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

RiverOtter
08-15-2017, 10:48 PM
https://s18.postimg.org/ft9idprqx/IMG_4678.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s29.postimg.org/ed7wxnlt3/IMG_4679.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Should be enough pixels to backup what was encountered. Discussed hanging a pic of the Tikkas serial number with Pro 111, but figured it served no purpose here. I will however verify that said picture does in fact exist and was at the scene as stated by Pro111.

RiverOtter
08-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Couple more of the short sheep.
https://s11.postimg.org/55tp1gilf/IMG_4665.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
https://s30.postimg.org/7q7vv64gh/IMG_4664.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Red_Mist
08-16-2017, 08:59 AM
Any updates from the CO ?

scottwh
08-21-2017, 08:35 PM
So...... Any updates on this? Or is it all hush hush?????????

dryflyguy57
08-22-2017, 09:11 PM
why would he meet them off the plane if there was no incident yet, or were they still in hiding in the bushes when you left?
Couple of dumbass comments, you sound like a lawyer, are you? Probably get banned for calling you a lawyer haha, if your comments are just you wondering why don't you keep them to yourself until you have a point of view from your musing. Nuf said.

338win mag
08-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Couple of dumbass comments, you sound like a lawyer, are you? Probably get banned for calling you a lawyer haha, if your comments are just you wondering why don't you keep them to yourself until you have a point of view from your musing. Nuf said.
Maybe Darksith, like others are having trouble putting it together, did you read the thread dryflyguy57?
Or it could be he just doesn't believe everything he reads on the internet, do you? I call that smart.

pro 111
08-24-2017, 08:32 AM
LOL . they were still there when I left packing out more stuff or just hiding in the bush. I never new it was first nations I thought it was probably just some poachers. Theres a thing called a Sat phone. I had one so I made the right calls. Does this make sense now. lol
this is a weird story. So they clearly flew out, as the CO met them. Did they forget the firearm in the bush because they made it on the plane. Did they forget the meat and horns? When you spoke to the CO did you tell him about the meat and firearm? Any CO worth his salt knows that First Nations are allowed to hunt for sustenance and ceremonial purposes but are not allowed to waste edible portions of wildlife. That CO, if he knows the facts that you described should have been all over it.

I am not doubting you Pro111. As I have said many times, this story is quite odd and there seems to be parts of it still unknown.

What did you do with firearm when you left?