PDA

View Full Version : Stone sheep mount on Ebay

livingston
07-29-2007, 09:06 PM
I was searching for pics of stones sheep and came across this mount for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Stones-Sheep-B-C-185-3-8-Real-Ram-Horns_W0QQitemZ270149068599QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3627 3QQcmdZViewItem

Pretty crazy what they are asking for it:shock:. An amazing trophy for sure but I guess money talks.

By the way how old a ram might this be?

Woodrow
07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
not a bad ram

todbartell
07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
hmmm where's my VIsa :mrgreen:

srupp
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
what a hawg...amazing..

steven

GoatGuy
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Although this incredible Ram has never been entered into the B&C record book, it may be eligible to be submitted for consideration as a "trophy of unknown origin". Trophies taken by hunters (archery, modern firearm, muzzleloader, etc.) in Fair Chase are eligible for listing in the records books and for reciept of awards. "Pick-ups" and trophies of "unknown origin" are not eligible for awards, but may be accepted for listing in records books.
Entry procedures for picked-up trophies or trophies of unknown origin do not require an Entry Affidavit, a Hunter, Guide and Hunt Information form, or a copy of the hunting license/tag.

HAHAHA!!! Sounds like one of the old guys up at Watson - "you see, they got this thing called fair chase"

CHilko21
07-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Gotta love Ebay, you can find friggen anything on there.....wow

bigwhiteys
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I think that Ram has been on and off eBay for quite some time now... It was once being sold as a more complete collection (full slam).

It's a very nice ram...

Carl

Wildman
07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Ive seen many mounts and antlers on ebay. I saw a mounted set of elk antlers for 12,000....just the antlers. Makes me want to clean the intact skull and rack of my 7X6 and put them up for auction.

bigwhiteys
07-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Exceptional trophies will always have a buyer somewhere. Even in the early 80's my Grandpa sold a Stone's Sheep that went for over $20,000 USD. It resides in a museum in California.

http://www.bchuntingblog.com/mypics/twister.jpg

Carl

mrdoog
07-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Racks off roadkills was one thing, but buying a trophy mount off of e-bay????

Ya, it was a tough hunt: I googled him but it didn't hit on the first try, so I had to change the keywords. Got a solid hit the second time around.
Then I had problems with paypal, whew I was tuckered by the time it was over.
But he's on the wall now and I'm proud as hell of him.

WoodOx
07-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I dont know, might just be me, but I dont even like racks from others being with all mine. Duno why, but unless its mine, my fathers, or grandfathers kill I dont see why I would display it.

Ya, it was a tough hunt: I googled him but it didn't hit on the first try, so I had to change the keywords. Got a solid hit the second time around.

Fisher-Dude
07-30-2007, 10:06 AM

LOL! You taking a page from my book? Ahh, the high stakes game of internet trophy shopping!

Caveman
07-30-2007, 10:20 AM

It was a bidding war from hell, never thought I'd get a clean shot at it. :mrgreen:

BlacktailStalker
07-30-2007, 10:28 AM
I'd rather spend the $40k trying and get nothing, than have somebody elses mount.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Remember......all of us hunt. Some people like to look at the trophies but don't actually hunt or claim to hunt.
There's a retired dentist in town the collects top north american whitetail trophies and has never hunted a day in his life, nor does he claim to have shot any of his trophies. He just like to have them. He has a lot of the original heads but with some he has bought them and had a replica made and than sells them again. He's a collector, not a hunter.

That much money may mean a lot to most of us but to some it's meer pocket change to others.

SSS

358mag
07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Although this incredible Ram has never been entered into the B&C record book, it may be eligible to be submitted for consideration as a "trophy of unknown origin". Trophies taken by hunters (archery, modern firearm, muzzleloader, etc.) in Fair Chase are eligible for listing in the records books and for reciept of awards. "Pick-ups" and trophies of "unknown origin" are not eligible for awards, but may be accepted for listing in records books.
Entry procedures for picked-up trophies or trophies of unknown origin do not require an Entry Affidavit, a Hunter, Guide and Hunt Information form, or a copy of the hunting license/tag.

HAHAHA!!! Sounds like one of the old guys up at Watson - "you see, they got this thing called fair chase"
yuppers the old boys club from Waston Lake had great luck in the late 50's-early 60's shooting big old rams in late December off the river banks when they buzzed then with the choppers, fair chase or good shooting !!!!
all fair in love and war
wonder if that ram got a inspection plug in it

srupp
07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Big whities..WOW that is a awesome ram ...what did it score and how long are those curls...amazing...

Steven

BlacktailStalker
07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Never thought of that SSS. In that scenario, then great, nothing wrong with admiring an animal on your wall :)