PDA

View Full Version : Canvastentshop.ca

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Anybody have any experience buying from these guys? They have some good package deals with angle kit/stove/fly just wondering if someone here has bought from them and has any reviews at all good or bad?

T.

Ride Red
08-06-2017, 07:14 AM
I don't personally, but Deluxe is a site sponsor and Northwest Shelters is in Surrey. Northwest built my tent and I've been completely happy with it. Good luck.

moosecamp
08-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Bought a 14x16 tent off them 7 to 8 years ago. Never had a problem with it. Picked up the tent, angle kit and floor. Just make sure you put a fly or tarp on it, helps to keep clean and dry.

http://i.imgur.com/KIVK7HH.jpg

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Bought a 14x16 tent off them 7 to 8 years ago. Never had a problem with it. Picked up the tent, angle kit and floor. Just make sure you put a fly or tarp on it, helps to keep clean and dry.

http://i.imgur.com/KIVK7HH.jpg

Awesome thanks. The package comes with a fly as well so no issues there. I can also pick it up to negate the shipping costs. with the tent/fly/stove/angle kit package from them I can save around $1000 compared to others so I'm glad to hear you haven't had any issues. They seem good to deal with so far so probably going to go that route if I can't find any valid reason not to.

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 07:31 AM
I don't personally, but Deluxe is a site sponsor and Northwest Shelters is in Surrey. Northwest built my tent and I've been completely happy with it. Good luck.

Ya I've checked both them and have spent many nights in a deluxe tent. Awesome product for sure and if money wasn't an issue I'd go that route but I can't buy the Ferrari to go to the grocery store right now gotta stick with the F150 lol.

Cheers.

moosecamp
08-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Awesome thanks. The package comes with a fly as well so no issues there. I can also pick it up to negate the shipping costs. with the tent/fly/stove/angle kit package from them I can save around $1000 compared to others so I'm glad to hear you haven't had any issues. They seem good to deal with so far so probably going to go that route if I can't find any valid reason not to.

If you can afford it pick up the vinyl floor. Keeps the ground inside dry. Nothing worse then getting out of your cot and stepping into a puddle.

Ride Red
08-06-2017, 07:51 AM
If you can afford it pick up the vinyl floor. Keeps the ground inside dry. Nothing worse then getting out of your cot and stepping into a puddle.

I love my floor too. Spent a week fishing the Columbia River last fall and had a creek running under the floor after a major down pour.

Ride Red
08-06-2017, 07:53 AM

I struggle to believe that a comparable product is $1000 cheaper.

Wentrot
08-06-2017, 07:53 AM
Have a 14x16 from them, great tent and no issues. Highly recommend.

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 07:58 AM
I struggle to believe that a comparable product is $1000 cheaper.

The tent isn't $1000 cheaper. It's the extras that come with the package that lead to the savings. But if you haven't used one I wouldn't struggle to believe anything until you try it :-)

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Have a 14x16 from them, great tent and no issues. Highly recommend.

Awesome, thank you!

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 08:01 AM

I hear ya there. Ended up with that problem in moose camp last year. Luckily came across a pile of scrap lumber from an old cabin that had been torn down and were able to salvage enough to build ourselves a floor. Saved the week considering the insane amount of rain we got. Those vinyl floors look good. Will add that in for sure.

Ride Red
08-06-2017, 08:03 AM
The tent isn't $1000 cheaper. It's the extras that come with the package that lead to the savings. But if you haven't used one I wouldn't struggle to believe anything until you try it :-)

I'm just stating the obvious, you get what you pay for.

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm just stating the obvious, you get what you pay for.

or you pay more for a product that you can get cheaper due to loyalty to one brand. Seen that in many cases too. Like I said, spent many nights in deluxe tents and agree they are the best I have seen so far hands down, but if I can get one that will do the same job for a lot less, I don't care what name it has on it. Cheers.

boxhitch
08-06-2017, 08:09 AM
IMO would never have a plastic floor, not versatile.
Hauling with a truck , Its easy enough to pack 3 or 4 sheets of 5/16 plywood
We used ply for the bed platforms so a few more sheets is easy to haul and more friendly than a vinyl or poly....imo

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 08:12 AM
IMO would never have a plastic floor, not versatile.
Hauling with a truck , Its easy enough to pack 3 or 4 sheets of 5/16 plywood
We used ply for the bed platforms so a few more sheets is easy to haul and more friendly than a vinyl or poly....imo

With a truck for sure, but behind a sled up to an ice fishing lake the vinyl definitely makes sense. That and some used fire blanket from work for around the stove would work well for that kind of trip.

REMINGTON JIM
08-06-2017, 08:23 AM
They have a Good Site with some Good info and Prices for sure ! The Wood STOVE burning times are interesting ! RJ

sako79
08-06-2017, 08:24 AM
I just looked at there website when I add everything together that I have in my tent it cost way more than I payed for mine

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 08:27 AM
I just looked at there website when I add everything together that I have in my tent it cost way more than I payed for mine

where did you get yours and how long ago? the comparisons I've been doing the last few days lead me to these guys as the cheapest for what I need right now. Definitely open to better deals elsewhere.

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 08:38 AM
I'm looking at $1500 tax in for 10x12 tent, fly, stove and angle kit from these guys. I have access to dirt cheap conduit to built the rest of the frame so only need the angle kit not the whole frame. I haven't been able to find anything comparable to that yet and haven't seen one negative thing about them or their products.

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 08:41 AM
This is the quote I got. Minus the shipping charge because I can pick it up.

Quantity
Description
BO
Unit Price
Total

10X12 FIRE/WATER/MILDEW TREATED TENT *TENT, ANGLE, STOVE, FLY*

BACK DOOR - INCLUDED

10X12 STANDARD TENT FLY - INCLUDED

3 RAFTER MONTANA ANGLE KIT - INCLUDED

WILDERNESS 3 STANDARD STOVE - INCLUDED

Subtotal

S&H

GST 5.00%

PST 7.00%

HST 0.00%

Total

IslandWanderer
08-06-2017, 08:59 AM
I've only slept in a big canvas tent once (in Beavers), but they look really comfortable. A good mix of function and portability.

elknut
08-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Seeing that a few people are having water issues in their tent due to rainfall..Not being a smart ass but....I was taught to ditch my tent all around to divert any water ...Also location is important ..Not on low spots but up on a slight rise if possible ...Hope this gives you another option ...Dennis

The Hermit
08-06-2017, 12:01 PM
That package (minus the stove) would cost $1220 with shipping and tax in at VantagePoint Outfitters. That leaves you $532 for your stove. I can even put you in touch with a guy that makes nice stoves here on the island that will do one for less than that!!

Travalanche
08-06-2017, 12:19 PM
That package (minus the stove) would cost $1220 with shipping and tax in at VantagePoint Outfitters. That leaves you $532 for your stove. I can even put you in touch with a guy that makes nice stoves here on the island that will do one for less than that!!

On their website, I cant find on there tent with windows frame and fly for $1220 with shipping. Do you have a link or something because it's coming up quite a bit more than that for me. That quote I put up is including the $245 shipping which I don't need because I can pick it up so without the shipping I'd be paying $1507 for the whole package including stove.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
08-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Got my angle kit from them a couple years ago. Good guys to deal with and lots of good info as well

Travalanche
08-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Well I made my mind up and got a tent ordered. Went with VantagePoint outfitters who gave me a better price and assured me I'd have it by September 1st. Thanks to Bill for the excellent costumer service over the long weekend. Good to see I wasn't the only one working on the long weekend!

Cheers!

Trav.