PDA

View Full Version : Lillooet Reserves

IslandWanderer
08-02-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm thinking of being based out of Lillooet for 4 nights at the beginning of Sept for the 4 point plus Mulies west of there and black bear all around there. I've read that there's good access off side roads between Lillooet and Lytton, but in my phones map it shows that it's mostly reserve land all the way down. Is that accurate?

Piperdown
08-03-2017, 05:18 AM
Just tell them you voted NDP and they will welcome you with open arms ;)

Carrollizer
08-03-2017, 01:18 PM
research w pavillion road and the yalakom

DMD
08-03-2017, 01:24 PM
http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/earth-sciences/geomatics/canada-lands-surveys/11092#CLGoogleEarth

Scroll down to canada lands in google earth. Download Canada Lands Overlay and have a look in google earth.

Rob Chipman
08-03-2017, 02:21 PM
No mule deer there. Don't waste your time.... :-)

Seriously, are you camping or staying overnight in Lillooet each night?

IslandWanderer
08-03-2017, 02:59 PM
No mule deer there. Don't waste your time.... :-)

Seriously, are you camping or staying overnight in Lillooet each night?

We're staying at a motel in Lillooet (4 Pines) It's mostly just to take my 8 year old son for an outdoor adventure. We drive, then walk around, then drive. He likes to cover himself in road dust and then sneak around looking for game. We never get anything, but usually see animals and count them. We counted 26 bears, 17 grouse, and 1 tiny deer last trip (Port Hardy).

IslandWanderer
08-03-2017, 03:00 PM
http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/earth-sciences/geomatics/canada-lands-surveys/11092#CLGoogleEarth

Scroll down to canada lands in google earth. Download Canada Lands Overlay and have a look in google earth.

That's awesome, much appreciated.

IslandWanderer
08-03-2017, 03:06 PM
research w pavillion road and the yalakom

Thank-you, that's perfect. I'm going to try and buy a backroads map for that area of BC tonight, but that might be challenging in Victoria.

BRvalley
08-03-2017, 04:12 PM
the sports store in Lillooet also has paper maps of the areas, if you don't want to buy the whole backroad book....it's a beautiful area with good game, good luck

IslandWanderer
08-03-2017, 04:20 PM
the sports store in Lillooet also has paper maps of the areas, if you don't want to buy the whole backroad book....it's a beautiful area with good game, good luck

Thank you very much. That's a great tip. The terrain looks incredible in the pictures I've seen.

Wild one
08-03-2017, 05:01 PM
can be good grouse hunting might give your boy some excitement. Little tip with shooting grouse around that area check how steep the ravine is below the tree before you shoot lol

bears are smaller on average but high % of colour phase. Deer that time of year think really high or really low if looking for a 4pt in my opinion

Pemby_mess
08-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Thank you very much. That's a great tip. The terrain looks incredible in the pictures I've seen.

incredible it is. Let me know when you guys come up and I'll try to show you around a bit if you like.

IslandWanderer
08-03-2017, 10:11 PM
can be good grouse hunting might give your boy some excitement. Little tip with shooting grouse around that area check how steep the ravine is below the tree before you shoot lol

bears are smaller on average but high % of colour phase. Deer that time of year think really high or really low if looking for a 4pt in my opinion

We're headed up there before the grouse are open (Sept 1-4), so they're safe.....for now. We like seeing them though.

We're actually not used to seeing deer in their natural environment, so it would be cool to see. Particularly because they're probably bigger than what we have on the island. We'll certainly be in the lookout for bruins.

Thanks for the information.

John

IslandWanderer
08-03-2017, 10:15 PM
incredible it is. Let me know when you guys come up and I'll try to show you around a bit if you like.

That would be very cool, thank-you. We'll be arriving Aug 31, and hunting September 1-4. We're looking forward to seeing some different terrain from what's here on the Island.

John

LYKTOHUNT
08-04-2017, 05:57 AM
Well dont want to be a downer but I wonder if you will even be allowed to hunt that area the way things are going regarding fires.
Maybe a plan B might be in order, hope not for the young ones sake as I know thats got to be pretty exciting for him

IslandWanderer
08-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Well dont want to be a downer but I wonder if you will even be allowed to hunt that area the way things are going regarding fires.
Maybe a plan B might be in order, hope not for the young ones sake as I know thats got to be pretty exciting for him

I was wondering the same. I'll definitely have to think of a plan B.