PDA

View Full Version : Rivers west isolation jacket

Grinder
08-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with Riverwest Camo, the isolation jacket in particular. Just wondering if this advanced waterproof fleece is actually waterproof or not. I had an older set of the original waterproof fleece and it leaked so I sent it back and they are sending me a new set of their improved advanced fleece. Hopefully this stuff is actually waterproof.
Thanks.

Salty
08-01-2017, 08:50 PM
I've had a RW 'Eider' jacket for a half dozen years now its a bit heavier than the Isolation model but looking at the tech specs they seem to be made of the same micro fleece outer. http://riverswest.com/eider-jacket.html I researched for a jacket up for the rain forest as that was 90% of the hunting I did back on the coast and I can tell you it is waterproof. I've been out in heavy rain near freezing many times with it stainfields and a T shirt and always been comfortable, and dry with the hood on. I remember sitting on a stump for about 3 hours in that kind of weather and was surprised I stayed warm and reasonably comfortable. One of my better buys I like it, still in good shape too its worn well so far. Also, I don't heat up in it bush wacking, the arm pits zip open which helps a ton.