PDA

View Full Version : stone sheep ENDS..LAWSUIT ??

srupp
07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Well after the fiasco with Spatsizzi we sucked it up did our homework and picked anoher lake..did TONS of homework phone calls.$$$ and took 21 days off work we rented sat phones bought everything needed and tried to put our SPATSIZZI disapointmentbehind us..

We got turned back at the highway 37 wash out after travelling 900 plus kilometers..so we phoned TSAYTA air to inform them we would be a few hours late as we needed to go the long way around...

We had BOOKED our flights and used VISA as a DOWNPAYMENT on our CONTRACT TO FLY US IN...

We were to fly in 11 am this morning that was settled 2 WEEKS AGO..

So when we called TSAYTA air the pilot informed us HE WAS NO LONGER PREPARED TO HONOR OUR CONTRACT as the local indian guides had 2 european hunters in at the lake hunting sheep and goats...and he NO LONGER COULD OR WOULD FLY US IN.."too political "

The OWNER was SUDDENLY "UNAVAILABLE " untill after Monday and the pilot ABSOLUTLEY refused to fly us into OUR BOOKED AND PARTIALLY PAID FOR LAKE..:evil::evil:..We pissed AROUND TRYING TO FIND THE OWNER NO LUCK..

They were WAITING untill we arrived to tell us THEY HAD CANCELLED our flight because the indians were suddenly and unexpectadly in there as of yesterday and now they were no longer willing to honor their commitment..

So we got some extra water and drove HOME 21 hours after we had left..season over..after shit loads of planning and holidays wasted sat phones rented maps aquired and ALL THE FREAKING WORK planning..

So I guess its a lot of phoning government agencies...and small claims court.....:evil:

So how is YOUR day going...

And folks wonder why such a happy guy like me gets SO PISSED with FIRST SPATSIZZI and NOW THIS..:evil:

Steven Rupp

Kechika
07-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you should just give up on the Stones Sheep dream.Did you check out Tsatya Airs refrences?I had problems with a certian pilot out west of you.After driving the 10 hrs he pulled the...I cant fly ya in there.Ya you can or you'll be patching holes in your floats

Brambles
07-29-2007, 10:19 AM
That blows, hope you get some satisfaction in court, keep us posted.

Jagermeister
07-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Man.....that hurts! I think that Tsayta should be boycotted for BS like that.
Have they offered you a refund on your downpayment?
It seems to becoming more commonplace now for firms to enter into a contract, take the money and then refuse to honour said contract. My understanding is that small claims now covers up to $25K.
Cover all your bases. PM sent.

Wildman
07-29-2007, 10:40 AM
That is a pile of bull......first Spatsizzi now this.

StoneChaser
07-29-2007, 10:46 AM
With Regards to Tsayta Aviation:

I've dealt with Clarance Hogan (the owner) and he is a stand up individual. I've flown with Tsayta, and their pilot Rick (based in Telegraph Creek) is bar none the best pilot I've had the pleasure of flying with. A super guy, top notch pilot, and bent over backwards to make our trip enjoyable (he went WAY out of his way to pick us up a few days earlier at a serious inconvenience for him).

He even called my wife to see if we were OK as the night before he hadn't heard us drive in and thought maybe we broke down on the HWY. The minute we walked into the base he handed me the phone "Call your wife...I may have worried her". He then started to fix us French Toast and sausages which we declined (we had sheep to chase).

Upon return he brought us into his home and we used his shower, BS'd at his table, and he offered us beer and supper.

Something doesn't add up here...

With regards to the Sheep hunt:

Dude....you HAVE 21 days off and you're going to let a "Dream" die this easily?

You drove right past Tatogga Lake (Harbour Air) and were a short flight away from some prime sheep hunting (you know a few of the lakes already...we chatted about them), and that country is LOUSY with goats.

Both rams I've killed have been a result of things NOT going according to plan and being able to roll with the punches.

It would take more than this to keep most guys from going sheep hunting this year....

You've got 2 choices....

1. Sit around and bitch for 21 days while you mount your lawsuit feeling sorry for yourself.

2. Suck it up and fly into one of hundreds of other lakes that have Stone's Sheep.

You're already packed and can be in Ft Nelson and landed in ram country before Opening morning (you were having to drive that way anyhow if you were to go around to Dease Lake..this will save you fuel).

Any less effort than that, and I'd be ashamed to call myself a sheep hunter!

Like sand through the hourglass.....

Dirty
07-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Your posts are starting to sound like a nightmare Srupp. As a last ditch effort I would contact our sponsor Guy Scott of Riverjet Adventures. Explain your situation and maybe he could jetboat you into a good spot for sheep.

WoodOx
07-29-2007, 10:58 AM
No kidding a nightmare, I do have to agree with stonechaser, as it probably wasnt even the pilots call... Should find out who made the call and talk with him...

know of any other lakes youcan pick up and get into?

bigwhiteys
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I am with Stone Chaser... End the pity party, buck up and go sheep hunting... You have plenty of time.

Carl

Sitkaspruce
07-29-2007, 11:45 AM
With Regards to Tsayta Aviation:

I've dealt with Clarance Hogan (the owner) and he is a stand up individual. I've flown with Tsayta, and their pilot Rick (based in Telegraph Creek) is bar none the best pilot I've had the pleasure of flying with. A super guy, top notch pilot, and bent over backwards to make our trip enjoyable (he went WAY out of his way to pick us up a few days earlier at a serious inconvenience for him).

He even called my wife to see if we were OK as the night before he hadn't heard us drive in and thought maybe we broke down on the HWY. The minute we walked into the base he handed me the phone "Call your wife...I may have worried her". He then started to fix us French Toast and sausages which we declined (we had sheep to chase).

Upon return he brought us into his home and we used his shower, BS'd at his table, and he offered us beer and supper.

Something doesn't add up here...

With regards to the Sheep hunt:

Dude....you HAVE 21 days off and you're going to let a "Dream" die this easily?

You drove right past Tatogga Lake (Harbour Air) and were a short flight away from some prime sheep hunting (you know a few of the lakes already...we chatted about them), and that country is LOUSY with goats.

Both rams I've killed have been a result of things NOT going according to plan and being able to roll with the punches.

It would take more than this to keep most guys from going sheep hunting this year....

You've got 2 choices....

1. Sit around and bitch for 21 days while you mount your lawsuit feeling sorry for yourself.

2. Suck it up and fly into one of hundreds of other lakes that have Stone's Sheep.

You're already packed and can be in Ft Nelson and landed in ram country before Opening morning (you were having to drive that way anyhow if you were to go around to Dease Lake..this will save you fuel).

Any less effort than that, and I'd be ashamed to call myself a sheep hunter!

Like sand through the hourglass.....

Ditto on Clarance. Never had a problem with him and he has always said piss on the guides and such. He does not fly for anybody but the public (and mineral exploration). Never heard of him not flying into a lake, regardless of who is in there, unless he flew you in there, then he will not fly anybody in there for a week. Something just does not add up. I will try and see him this week and ask him whats up and also make sure that he gets a hold of you.

Now get out there and hunt. 21 days off and you are wasting them sitting in front of your computer and at home. Lots of areas to go and lots of this great province to see and a couple of sheep and goats with your name on it. But you cannot kill them if you are sitting at home......

GoatGuy
07-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Seems a little fishy but I do know when Graham was flying out of Telegraph he had a blow out with the locals and both outfits for this exact same reason and I was told by a couple of people up there that he basically ended up getting chased out of town.

Telegraph is not the greatest place in the world - rules are made as the locals see fit. Definitely not the best place to be an out of towner.

I probably would have headed to Tottoga and caught a flight in or headed off the highway.

Sounds like a tough go, too bad.

Fisher-Dude
07-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Lawsuit? Your remedy MAY be limited to any unreturned deposit, depending on the wording of your contract. Trying to prove any other loss would be next to impossible. The first words out of the judge's mouth will be "Mr Rupp, prove your losses to substantiate your claim." Unfortunately, the courts won't award you one red cent for being pissed off, and not one red cent for not shooting a stone's sheep, nor will they award any money for gear or food you bought, as you still have them and they are in useable condition. On the very outside, a sympathetic judge might give you fuel and a percentage of the satellite rental. So, waste 21 days of holidays to recover $500? Furthermore, the pilot can use any excuse he wants for not flying you in, and under commercial transport rules, I'm certain he has the full right to do so. No lawyer in his/her right mind would get involved on a percentage basis, they will want a retainer and will work on a time basis, as there is simply not enough money involved here, IMO.

Yes, it's a shitty situation, but bumping this thread for 21 days - or hunting sheep somewhere else - well, the latter sounds like the better alternative. If it were me, I'd say "I'll show that Ba$tard!" and go as hard as I could to shoot the nicest stone's sheep I could find - a mail him a picture of it with a snotty Christmas card.

srupp
07-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Hmmm i really dont give a RATS ASS about who Tsayta and owners USED to be..Im related EXCATLY what happened..WE HAD A CONTRACT with down payment deposit...rick said it was all political natives and all..they have to live there and get $$$ from local contracts etc...bottom line is he WONT fly us in .PERIOD sorry Stonechaser thats BULLSHIT no matter HOW you slice it .. drive 1100 kilometers to arrive to hear sorry...no call no warning just tough shit...

Stonechaser the outfit should be shut down. Period. What happend to me is NOT first class nor low class it is illegal.e have $$$$ getting phone calls etc etc etc for spatsizzi to be shut down and then the same for this...

I am a sheep hunter and a hunter but not a endless supply of $$$$$ and time..and I HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.... THANK YOU..!!!!!!!

I have not JUST concentrated on stone sheep I have spent considerable time with deer moose grizzly black etc..so I do NOT have a endless supply of quality spots to hit when one and then another gets screwed over sheeeesh.

fisher Dude..hmm transport Canada says that SAFTEY is THE issue..not I have flown a guide in and he doesnt want compitition and unlike SPatsizzi he flew into that lake yesterday so dangerous is out...

courts CAN award PUNITIVE DAMAGES.......

SHEEEESH..

sTEVEN

Kechika
07-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Wah Wah Wah.Your startin to sound like a whiner.21Days off?Relieing on some one else is your biggest mistake.A "True Sheep Hunter" would have had a plan b,c ect ect..Any problems with what I have said..read my Sig Line

Fisher-Dude
07-29-2007, 01:32 PM
fisher Dude..hmm transport Canada says that SAFTEY is THE issue..not I have flown a guide in and he doesnt want compitition and unlike SPatsizzi he flew into that lake yesterday so dangerous is out...

BUT, the pilot just has to say that he felt it was unsafe for you and his plane to fly into a place where there may have been a confrontation with the outfitter - his word as a professional pilot who has to make those kinds of decisions will win out. The native guides up in that area have a reputation of being a bit haywire at times. Also, you still have to "prove" puntive damages, and courts won't award money for feeling upset about things. Punitive damages aren't generally awarded in small claims courts, and to step into provincial court is $15,000 (1997 pricing!) minimum to a lawyer, and if your case isn't proven, you pay your lawyer and the air service's lawyer as well. What I'm saying is, it isn't worth it. Put the emotional part aside, forget the stress and bull$hit of the courts, and do what makes you happy - go hunting. If after that you still want to pursue legal action, the judge will want to know what you did to mitigate your losses - so making the best of your situation is always viewed more favourably than stopping cold.

Wildfoot
07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
id like to see the supposed contract. I bet there are lots of weasel words in there. It wont stand up in court.

kgriz
07-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Small claims court is a joke reguardless of the circumstances; I was going to try that route when the joker next door diverted water on purpose and flooded my house. Even though the judge awards in your favor THEN there is a whole other process to get the money. AT BEST you might get 50% of what is entitled to you. BUT, since you paid your deposit with VISA sic them on buddy as you basically paid a deposit to ensure your flight to a set spot as per your contract and then did not receive the "product" VISA paid for. I was caught in the Canada 3000 bankruptcy and was on the hook to VISA for over $5000 but since I didn't get the product that was paid for I didn't have to pay and they went after the outline.
If you want to drive up north again I have lots of areas just off the highway that you can be successful in 10 days or less; I've sent 2 other friends to different locations and they got sheep. It won't be as "people-free" as some fly-ins can be, but it would be a positive experience.
Give me a shout if you want any info on my court/Visa experiences or for any Sheep info, I've been a lot of places.

StoneChaser
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Steven, I used to read your posts awaiting the next adventure. Now, I read them to see what has transpired in the latest episode of "Days of our lives"...the word "Drama Queen" seems fitting!

Each trip, your "dreams" are threatened by the most treachorous roads, mechanically cursed vehicles, most devious pilots, nastiest guides, most rare limb threatening diseases, deteriorating joints, and are plagued by VERY limited time off and a shoe string budget...SHEESH!

I'll guarantee you that there is not a guy on this site that hasn't dealt with some type of adversity before/during a big trip, be it physical, emotional, financial, or environmental.

I've simply grown tired of the self pity BS and could chose to just ignore it like most others...but won't!

I am a sheep hunter and a hunter but not a endless supply of $$$$$ and time..and I HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.... THANK YOU..!!!!!!!

Well, looking on the bright side of things, you have 19 more days to spend washing your 2007 King Ranch p/u and 2007 Rubicon CDN trail ATV....buy the cheap soap though, as I know buying all the extra goodies for those new toys probably broke you (if the big grizz hunt and your upcoming fly in moose hunt haven't already). Ever end up buying the new Honda 15hp kicker you were talking about a few months ago?

I have not JUST concentrated on stone sheep I have spent considerable time with deer moose grizzly black etc..so I do NOT have a endless supply of quality spots to hit when one and then another gets screwed over sheeeesh.

Courts will have a hard time buying the "Shattered Dream" claims then....

And defamation of character too!

I talked to Rick from Telegraph Creek this AM...there was simply a Visa number taken down (no $$$ charged to it), and no "contract", as he still didn't know what lake you wanted to fly into (Tim had been waffling between 2 lakes last he talked to him).

You also left out the part where he told you guys to call BEFORE you left Williams Lake, and he warned you this may happen...said he never heard from you until you called from somewhere on the Cassiar HWY!

Kechika
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Stonechaser.....That is literary genius.No come back for that one.I think as in most cases we never get the full story and thats the bottom line

Sitkaspruce
07-29-2007, 03:14 PM
SHEEESH!!!!! This is better than any Soap Opera out there.:-D

Just go hunting and do not worry about it. I know there is a dozen guys sitting at their computer just bitting at the bit to have 21 days off to go sheep hunting, that would gladly take your place. You can bitch and moan about it all or enjoy your time off. I know what I would be doing!!!

WoodOx
07-29-2007, 03:29 PM
regardless steve, just roll with it. im sure you can get a flight in from a different charter service tomorrow if you wanted...

willy442
07-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Srupp; Just a quick question is GATEHOUSE (the self proclaimed regulator) part of your hunting party?

Vossie
07-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Whooa, Inspector StoneChaser.

Somebody cut the sleeve off my fleece to take a dump with one year, in Chetwynd area, you think you can find him for me and sort the details out. HAHAHAHAHa

Krico
07-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Why did you just turn around and drive all the way home? No plan B? You have lots of time left. Worse things could have happened. Nobody's hurt, no gear stolen, you just have to go somewhere else.
Step away from the computer. Go hunting.

WoodOx
07-29-2007, 04:25 PM
what did I do to get my message edited? I didnt say anything inappropriate?

butcher
07-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Steve, you gotta get out and go hunting man. I'm sitting in my truck in PG wishing I could go sheep hunting. My partners are heading out on Friday and I CAN'T GO WITH THEM. I can't get the time off. You have nearly 3 weeks left. Get out there. It's not even opening day yet! GET OUT AND GO HUNTING. PLEASE!

srupp
07-29-2007, 05:07 PM
stonechaser..hmmm sorry you have grown tired..everything I have posted is true.Period.from the $3,000 in tow bills to the atv and truck as is the compartment injury to my leg..

The time has arrived that resident hunters need to stand up to the treat ment we are getting by G/o and the cozy relationship with the pilots .

You can be wrong in your oppinion of me...your entitled to that HOWEVER you are not entitled to be wrong in your facts..I could care less what Rick said ..we were scheduled for(__________) lake this morning at 11 am. That was even on the board in their office...That Lake was specific and clear.Period..his actions and those of the company certainly dont stand up to the sniff test..they STINK..and so of course he wants to down play their culpability.
They HAD taken a deposit by VISA 2 weeks ago.And he was absolutley certain which lake.That indeed constitutes a binding and enforcable agreement..

and the last part is pure fabrication .TIM DID call before we left and was told by Rick that there was a cabin for us waiting since we would be in so late for our trip out Sunday mornning...he had the opportunity to attempt to cancell our trip then why wait till we "got there " ??Why ??cuz the native guides had changed which lake they wanted to guide and SURPRISED Rick with this change..and THAT is the reason he would not fly us in..

Stonechaser no one drives 1600 round trip kilometers to " maybe " fly anywhere ...think man...I have better things to do than spend 22 hours driving to and fro for "maybe" anything..the map left for my wife on which lake we were being flown into wasnt at all ambiguous.

It is obvious that you are good personal friends with this company and its employees however the version you were fed is a very cleaned up one to do whatever it takes to make their actions less repugnant but i dont appreciate being run at by anyone...

The events I have posted are as they have happened and I dont need to make shit up it happened as I said it did...

Thank you for checking with Rick...

Krico that was plan B...Spatsizzi was plan A..both requiring a tremendous amount of preperation...

And yes I do have the holidays booked and time off..and options are being considered

And a lot of my previous posts did show the positive ..Boone and crockett cariboo 2 years ago & huge moose last fall..Boon and crockett grizzly this spring..nice successful black bear hunt this spring...

Steven

butcher
07-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay, but why come home? You have 3 weeks and a sheep tag. Throw a dart at the map and go. Dealing with issues is a part of sheep hunting. Does it suck? Yes. Can you get past it? Yes.

This is sheep hunting. A lot of people pay a lot of money to do it. Is it worth all the pain and blood and money and dickhead pilots and G/O's? If you want a sheep bad enough.....YES!

If you don't want one, go moose hunting with the rest of the crowd.

Three weeks of holidays and a sheep tag! You have the world by the balls my friend.

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 05:50 PM
what did I do to get my message edited? I didnt say anything inappropriate?

No, you didn't..It contained a quote by Willy 442, whose post was nothing more than a bunch of insults, and nothing of any value.

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Srupp; Just a quick question is GATEHOUSE (the self proclaimed regulator) part of your hunting party?

Actually, there is noting self proclaimed about it, the owner of the site asked me to be a moderator, some time ago.

And, no, I was not part of Steves party.

If you have nothing of actual value to contribute to this thread other than name calling, perhaps you should go back to your regular daily activity here at HBC, lurking.

todbartell
07-29-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/new/owned.gif

JMac
07-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Yup Steven still has plenty of time to get it done ("if he feels inclined") but that's about all the agreein I can muster with the mudslingers! It's amazing how people will try to get one up on someone when they're down on these sites. Once started "you bet y'all it's time to start rakin someone over the coals!" The fact is he's been on hundreds of trips in his lifetime! All of his posts are now sob stories, soap operas, and pity parties are they?! I think not! Put yourself exactly in his shoes not part way in! IMO they can give him all the money and time off in the world for all I care cause you can't put a price on saving peoples lives as he does for a living! Think about it! Also he's usually one of the first guys to help someone he doesn't know on where to hunt, what to hunt, and how to hunt...no questions asked! IMO he's a kindhearted, helpful fellow who types up a pretty mean story! Right now he's gettin raked cause we'd a done this, and we'd a done that, and he's got a 2007 this, and blah blah blah...pity party! For me and many others it's all about the word RESPECT!

kgriz
07-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I guess there is more history than I thought here. I noticed that I was the only one offering to help this guy out with some alternatives and I thought that just the usual "secret pm'ing, cliques, fibbing etc" was going on with the mighty sheep hunters of the world but maybe not. Does this go know a lot of spots? Has he been to lots of SHEEP spots? If not, why not help him out, I'm sure your "secret spots" aren't nearly as secret as you think ( or your egos would lead you to believe ). If he does know lots of spots then he is just venting and thats pretty common is it not?

willy442
07-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Actually, there is noting self proclaimed about it, the owner of the site asked me to be a moderator, some time ago.

And, no, I was not part of Steves party.

If you have nothing of actual value to contribute to this thread other than name calling, perhaps you should go back to your regular daily activity here at HBC, lurking.

Gatehouse Please tell me the value of this post then. As far as I know hunting has always been an activity taken up by the strong in society. This has held true for ever, so the bottom line is buck up be a Man and continue on, forget the whinning, crying and feel sorry for me syndrome that you support on this site far to often. I might add the owner of the site seems to be fair and open minded something I fail to see in your policing. Good Day

Krico
07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Steven,
I'm sure you were more than prepared. I was simply saying look on the bright side. You still have all your gear, health and plenty of time to get in 2+ weeks of sheep hunting. It may not end up being the trip you had planned, but you can surely get out there and make the most of it.
Cheers, and good luck.

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Gatehouse Please tell me the value of this post then. As far as I know hunting has always been an activity taken up by the strong in society. This has held true for ever, so the bottom line is buck up be a Man and continue on, forget the whinning, crying and feel sorry for me syndrome that you support on this site far to often. I might add the owner of the site seems to be fair and open minded something I fail to see in your policing. Good Day

Everyone has the right to post whatever they want on this site as long as it adheres to the guidelines.

There are 2 seperate topics here

1) My role as a mod

2) My own personal opinions.

My role as a mod causes me to delete posts such as those that you made, and/or caution people because they are going against the board rules.

Comments that I make on this site that are my *opinion,* are exclusive of my mod role. I do not delete or edit posts simply because someone disagrees with me.

In your mind, I am supporting "whining" when I delete posts that are against board rules. In fact, I am simply following the guidelines. You (and everyone else) are more than welcome to PM Marc if you feel I have done you some injustice.

If you are capable of bringing your arguments and debates to the forum without using personal attacks, then you are welcome to do so. If you can't, then please refrain from posting.

GoatGuy
07-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Gatehouse Please tell me the value of this post then.

Willy, [p]lease tell me the value of this post?:confused:

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 08:41 PM
I guess there is more history than I thought here. I noticed that I was the only one offering to help this guy out with some alternatives and I thought that just the usual "secret pm'ing, cliques, fibbing etc" was going on with the mighty sheep hunters of the world but maybe not. Does this go know a lot of spots? Has he been to lots of SHEEP spots? If not, why not help him out, I'm sure your "secret spots" aren't nearly as secret as you think ( or your egos would lead you to believe ). If he does know lots of spots then he is just venting and thats pretty common is it not?

Your offering at helping out sounded very sincere ot me, and you sound liek a great guy, and a helpful fellow hunter.

The only history here is that SRUPP is a damn fine guy, he has helped lots of people and he seems to be having some roadblocks put in front of him this season. He hasn't hunted Stones much, but I'e seen his bighorn trophies and they are great.

Whetehr Steve is justified in being pissed off or not, I don't know, don't know any of the intimate details and to be honest, it really isnt' my concern.

Thanks for being helpful, HBC always needs helpful people.:wink:

srupp
07-29-2007, 08:46 PM
willy442...

when things have went well I have posted photos in the past 3 years of our MONSTER moose, world record booner Cariboo from our hunt 2 years ago and the huge grizzly we got this year...pretty decent results 2 boone and crockett animals in past 3 hunts..I thought that we were intersted in all ...not just the success glory shots.Im not so much whining as expressing HOW PISSED I am at how us RESSIDENT hunters get treated..

My leg got hurt I am getting over it, truck was POS..sold it bought new..hmmm trying to deal with it..

Just sit back and think IF THIS WAS YOU and what I said is true... and it was YOU....ya youd be pissed too..I CAN multitask deal with the issues with the airline and TRY to go on to a plan C.....

I have nothing to prove about my abilities or being strong enough..sheeeesh...

hmm value of the post???resident hunters getting screwed over because of g/o and their cozy relationship..with pilots

When I come up witha plan C...I wont run it by the sheep society here..Ill wait for the trophy photos its something some understand.

Steven

willy442
07-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Gate House: You failed to answer my question to the value of a post that condems and slanders a reputable business. Posted by some one that has a record of making feel sorry for me posts on this forum repeatedly. I am glad that amongst us hunters, people like Stone Chaser still exist and try getting to the meat of issues like this, before jumping onto the band wagon of condeming like many on this site. We have discussed this before and you said your time was limited and you found it impossible to research most issues, maybe the site needs more monitors, so these types of issues can be fairly dealt with. The pilot and operators condemed here are very stand up people that have bent over backwards many times over, for all hunters. I for one can not support nor believe the accusations made against them. The fact that you and this site allow a post like this to be made with out any type of research or foundation to support the claims, leaves me wondering what the legal ramifacations could be to people such as yourself if pursued.

willy442
07-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Srupp; In your prior posts on the Spatsizi, you blamed your in ability to fly in on the Guide Outfitters. When in actual fact the pilot refused to fly you into a lake that was deemed by him to be unsafe. Maybe another pilot would have seen it different and made the trip, I don't know. I have many hours as a bush pilot and have refused to put down in places many times. There are alot of factors that can lead to some of these lakes and strips being safe to land on. With your latest claim again of being screwed over by Outfitters and not flying, I for one call bullshit. May I suggest if you had done your home work and made your deposits as claimed you would most likely be sheep hunting today instead of sitting at your computer.

GoatGuy
07-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Gate House: You failed to answer my question to the value of a post that condems and slanders a reputable business. Posted by some one that has a record of making feel sorry for me posts on this forum repeatedly. I am glad that amongst us hunters, people like Stone Chaser still exist and try getting to the meat of issues like this, before jumping onto the band wagon of condeming like many on this site. We have discussed this before and you said your time was limited and you found it impossible to research most issues, maybe the site needs more monitors, so these types of issues can be fairly dealt with. The pilot and operators condemed here are very stand up people that have bent over backwards many times over, for all hunters. I for one can not support nor believe the accusations made against them. The fact that you and this site allow a post like this to be made with out any type of research or foundation to support the claims, leaves me wondering what the legal ramifacations could be to people such as yourself if pursued.

If you don't like it take your ball and go home - it's that simple.

I can't for the life of me think about anything good you've done on this board or positive contribution you've made - it's all been the world's coming to an end, LEH EVERYWHERE, residents kill too many nannies, too many sows - even though you were proven wrong several times over!!!! The only thing you've actually stated on here (before you deleted all your posts) is the fact you were:

the best bush pilot you know
the best guide you know
the best outfitter you know
the best sheep shooter around
the best armchair biologist you know, have known and will probably ever know

We certainly have had heated discussions on this board but ALL members have made positive contributions to this site at some point even though we don't all get along - I can't think of anything of any value you've contributed whatsoever.

Almost looks like and sounds like a MoE meeting 30 years ago.

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=willy442;170872]Gate House: You failed to answer my question to the value of a post that condems and slanders a reputable business.

Yes, I did, when I said:

Everyone has the right to post whatever they want on this site as long as it adheres to the guidelines.

We have discussed this before and you said your time was limited and you found it impossible to research most issues, maybe the site needs more monitors, so these types of issues can be fairly dealt with.

Sure, we will sign you up as a mod:wink: No, an internet site can't do fact checking like National Geographic, sorry, your ideas have little merit.

The pilot and operators condemed here are very stand up people that have bent over backwards many times over, for all hunters. I for one can not support nor believe the accusations made against them. The fact that you and this site allow a post like this to be made with out any type of research or foundation to support the claims, leaves me wondering what the legal ramifacations could be to people such as yourself if pursued.

You and everyone else are more than welcome to defend the pilots etc...

There are few legal ramifications for someone venting against a company on the internet, otherwise just about every company form Ford to Coca Cola and Joe Bloggs fishing shack woudl be involved in litigation...

ANyways, this thread is locked.......Everyone shoudl think abotu the REAL issue here- Air Charters etc refusing to transport residents because outfitters have "tied them up"