PDA

View Full Version : Swan Lake...

BCHunterFSJ
07-28-2017, 12:47 PM
I was thinking of trying out Swan Lake south of Dawson Creek...
Has anybody fished there?
What kind of fish does it hold besides walleye?
How deep is it? Lots of weeds??

I live on Charlie Lake; should I even bother??
Thanks.

BRvalley
08-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Charlie was always better to me than Swan, but Swan is still a nice little lake, few walleyes though, many little pike and biggest was around 10, I probably did 10:1 pike to walleyes...this was 3-4 years back when I lived there, buddy tells me the walleye have recovered a bit.....approx. 30' in the deepest area I marked, has shallow weedy bays

Sitkaspruce
08-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Last week 2 of us caught 40 walleye in 3 hours, kept our limit between 17-21". Was great fishing.

Last night, same place, plus a few others....4 walleye, only one a keeper. The algae is really bad now, the water is thick with it. Green algae now staring to show.....Charlie is finished until the fall for me. Fish will now start getting "muddy" tasting.

Cheers

SS

Bunner
08-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Stay at Charlie. Never had good fishing in swan. I keep catching a tone of fish in a matter of hours. Just have to work some areas and find what they are hitting on. Even with the bad alge they are still fun to catch. I got a few areas to go to and they never let me down. Worst case go after some big pike for fun.

swamper
08-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Was there the first week of July and caught a couple of keeper walleyes and lots of jacks. To me the water was disgusting with the muddy color and over abundance of algae. Will try Charlie Lake next time I am in the Peace country.