PDA

View Full Version : 5-12a moose draw in oct

KROD
07-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Never hunted out this way. Can I expect to see moose via the truck or by walking in some, or do I have to get flown back in some where to be successful?
I sure don't mind walking but no Quads allowed in this area so that is out. I don't know the moose numbers or the local pressure.
Any insights would be great.
Thanks

gathto
07-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Fly in. Not much chance of seeing anything from the road. Anywhere you can drive
has been well hunted.

Never hunted out this way. Can I expect to see moose via the truck or by walking in some, or do I have to get flown back in some where to be successful?
I sure don't mind walking but no Quads allowed in this area so that is out. I don't know the moose numbers or the local pressure.
Thanks

KROD
08-05-2017, 11:25 AM
It looks like no quads in the park but are ok outside of it. We are looking at maybe accessing areas via a canoe.
Trying to increase my odds of sighting any bulls. Flying in to a lake requires a boat or canoe also.

young hunter
06-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Hi,
saw your posting. I just got a moose draw in 512a for oct1-14. I never hunted there before, any help will be great!!
did you get your moose last year? any tips regarding natives issues, finding moose, gas station and others.
thank you very much in advance, sorry to bother you this way. alex

Thanks