PDA

View Full Version : ATV trip

Xenomorph
07-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Anyone here wants to come open trail, test out some places?

xfactor
07-27-2017, 09:33 PM
When? Where?

Jagermeister
07-27-2017, 10:15 PM
I would suggest you fellows stay home for awhile. Some grass and other debris snuggled up against a hot muffler is an excellent way to start a fire. And don't tell me it can't happen because it can. I have seen it.

Elkaholic
07-28-2017, 08:41 AM
I would suggest you fellows stay home for awhile. Some grass and other debris snuggled up against a hot muffler is an excellent way to start a fire. And don't tell me it can't happen because it can. I have seen it.

Seems pretty ballsy to tell people what to do there Jager, maybe what you should say is be smart and take extra caution when out there during these dry times. We can still go do the things we love and enjoy just with a lot more caution in my mind. I say go do what you enjoy just don't be stupid about it, pay mind to the extra dry conditions and be extra vigilant.

Xenomorph
07-28-2017, 09:48 AM

I'm with you on careful, all I want to do is check access points, hike in for a bit of exercise and maybe swing a couple small axes/brush knives. No fires, no extreme reckless moves.

Xenomorph
07-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Seems pretty ballsy to tell people what to do there Jager, maybe what you should say is be smart and take extra caution when out there during these dry times. We can still go do the things we love and enjoy just with a lot more caution in my mind. I say go do what you enjoy just don't be stupid about it, pay mind to the extra dry conditions and be extra vigilant.

He just means well, I read between the lines.

Xenomorph
07-28-2017, 09:51 AM
When? Where?

Squamish - Elaho
Sunshine coast
Indian River
Pemberton up-west

...or? Opened to suggestions. Doing a full maintenance now on my Renegade, changing oil, plugs, battery; I'll check tie-rods and what not. But before I put the machine through its paces this fall I want to see where to go.

I'll go by myself if needed, I need the exercise and hikes.

xfactor
07-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Squamish - Elaho
Sunshine coast
Indian River
Pemberton up-west

...or? Opened to suggestions. Doing a full maintenance now on my Renegade, changing oil, plugs, battery; I'll check tie-rods and what not. But before I put the machine through its paces this fall I want to see where to go.

I'll go by myself if needed, I need the exercise and hikes.

Im interested in exploring for sure. End of next week im free-ish. Pm contact info and I will be in touch. Text is probably best...

Jagermeister
07-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Seems pretty ballsy to tell people what to do there Jager, maybe what you should say is be smart and take extra caution when out there during these dry times. We can still go do the things we love and enjoy just with a lot more caution in my mind. I say go do what you enjoy just don't be stupid about it, pay mind to the extra dry conditions and be extra vigilant.Have you ever been in the situation where you had to run to escape a forest fire? I have. 1970 north-west of Oliver at Madden Lake. Dead end road. Long story short, we escaped. "We" being two young families. Had we dallied, I don't think we would be here today.
So the point here is, why put one's self at risk at such a critical time? Take the current Monte Lake fire as an example. A wisp of a fire one moment and an out of control fire the next. One gust of wind, tinder dry conditions and there is no stopping it. Just as those ladies tried to quench that fire at the offset, and then it was racing up the hill. And then other's are in jeopardy.
Suppose you're trapped, what is going to kill you? Burns? No, oxygen depletion. Sucking for your last breath knowing that shortly you're going to be toasted like a marshmallow.
Go to the Beach.

elknut
07-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Stay out of the Cariboo ...All trails and recreation sites are closed...We can't even cut the grass ...Figure it out ...This year is not the time to be quadding in a dry forest area...All logging suspended probably for a long time ...Ministry doesn't want to take a chance...Just my two bits ..Dennis

Xenomorph
07-29-2017, 03:40 PM
Stay out of the Cariboo ...All trails and recreation sites are closed...We can't even cut the grass ...Figure it out ...This year is not the time to be quadding in a dry forest area...All logging suspended probably for a long time ...Ministry doesn't want to take a chance...Just my two bits ..Dennis

Hi Dennis

I'll be in the fog zone. Not going anywhere crazy. Just trying to figure out an access point for the fall and figured two are better than one. Especially with the bears being down low figured I'd have another pair of eyes with me.

elknut
07-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Yah this year sucks big time ...Hope the Hwy north is open come the end of August...The whole interior and Kooteneys are a tinder box..Gonna be some surprised folks when they come up to hunt later on ...Lots of traditional areas are burned out..Right to bear earth...Gonna take some time for a regen...Good luck looking for bears ...Fog sounds nice...Better than smoke ...Xenomorph

Busterpayton54
07-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Yep, I've seen it myself, we've had our exhaust pipes ignite the grass tangled on it. Luckily a sploosh of beer is all we needed, on numerous occasions.